You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you like Christmas?

Guest TK-421

Do you like Christmas  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Christmas

• Yes - peace and goodwill to all men, women, children and squid
    • No - fuck the whole thing off

I wish Christmas didn't exist this year. Work is always busy as hell. "It has to be done by Christmas." Why? Are you religious? If I don't do it by Christmas will I turn into a pumpkin?

It's expensive, stressful, I have to go back to Newcastle when I'd rather stay put, my family ALWAYS fight and argue, and this year I simply wish it didn't exist. Secret Santa is good, but that's it.

Bah humbug.

I like:

:santa: the anticipation

:santa: the time off work

:santa: having goodies in the house to nibble

:santa: giving and receiving pressies

:santa: seeing family and friends

I don't like

:wallbutt: the hectic panic buying of christmas shopping in the last week or so

:sick: the over eating and the feeling of having been a complete greedy bastard

:blah the sometimes seemingly endless merry go round of family do's to go to. First one is ok. By the third I am heartily sick of it.

:angel: the super sizing of christmas - amount of food and booze we buy and eat, the amount of money we spend on presents etc etc.

One year I am just going to hire a Welsh cottage with a log burner and get away from it all and have a simple quiet christmas (well as quiet as you can with small kids). Is it too early to say "Happy Christmas everyone"? :party:

I like it. It's what you make it though. Setting aside the religious aspect of it, it's a nice time for people to come together. Food, drink, presents, time off work etc. There's lots to like.

People should engage with Christmas on their own terms though. Too many are busy, stressed, and overspent (financially and otherwise) during Christmas, and that's a great shame.

• Upvote 1

Fucking hate it with a passion

I dispise the whole commercial crap , I hate the fact that every shop is now jammed,can't even get a fuucking loaf of bread without a 10 minute queue.

I hate the fact that there are even more women walking around than normal thus increasing by 1000% the amount of people that cut across me , bump into me or split me with fucking brollys .....Also hate the fact that pubs I like going into all year round and are normally quiet are full of dickhead xmas partys , spas in santa hats or just plain old dumb fucks getting pissed for xmas..I also hate the fact that every poxy year I have parents and in laws bugging me about where I'm gonna spend it and pressurising me where to go ,when all I'd rather do is spend it at home with a remote control in hand

BAHHHHHH HUMBUG ...roll on New years eve

• Upvote 1

I like the format Michael Howard. I'll have a bit of that.

I like:

:santa: Loads of days off work

:santa: Giving my kids loads of ace stuff

:santa: Playing loads of games with my kids

:santa: drinking and eating ace stuff

:santa: watching films and drinking sherry

:santa: playing board games loads

:santa: turkey!

:santa: christmas specials

:santa: building lego

:santa: christmas pudding

:santa: bowls of nuts!

:santa: not long to new year and my sons birthday, meaning...

:santa: more presents!!

I don't like:

:thumbsup: nothing!

Fucking hate it with a passion

I dispise the whole commercial crap , I hate the fact that every shop is now jammed,can't even get a fuucking loaf of bread without a 10 minute queue.

I hate the fact that there are even more women walking around than normal thus increasing by 1000% the amount of people that cut across me , bump into me or split me with fucking brollys .....Also hate the fact that pubs I like going into all year round and are normally quiet are full of dickhead xmas partys , spas in santa hats or just plain old dumb fucks getting pissed for xmas..I also hate the fact that every poxy year I have parents and in laws bugging me about where I'm gonna spend it and pressurising me where to go ,when all I'd rather do is spend it at home with a remote control in hand

BAHHHHHH HUMBUG ...roll on New years eve

Is there anything we can do to make your christmas a wholesome experience? A hug? A present?

I like it. It's what you make it though. Setting aside the religious aspect of it, it's a nice time for people to come together. Food, drink, presents, time off work etc. There's lots to like.

People should engage with Christmas on their own terms though. Too many are busy, stressed, and overspent (financially and otherwise) during Christmas, and that's a great shame.

I agree. People put a hell of a lot of pressure on themselves. We did all our shopping the first weekend in December. That has meant that we haven't had to think about it and can concentrate on the good stuff like drinking mulled wine with friends and baking stuff. I will do the same with the food shopping. ONe day, big blitz and then we are all set. boomshakalaka.

Christmas eve session with my Dad in the pub, coming in happy drunk with a chinese, sobering up with a glass of Baileys (gay I know), argueing with the wife, sleeping through some christmassy film and then putting the milk and cookies out for Santa. Christmas eve is the best part.

Christmas day is always a bit of a let down.

St. Stephens day or boxing day to you anglophiles is always a great day too.

Dont like the stupid spending spree that goes on and having to go to a work party.

Christmas eve session with my Dad in the pub, coming in happy drunk with a chinese, sobering up with a glass of Baileys (gay I know), argueing with the wife, sleeping through some christmassy film and then putting the milk and cookies out for Santa. Christmas eve is the best part.

A good old traditional British christmas eve - special fried rice !!!!! I remember being in a curry house at 2am on a Christmas Eve thinikng "what the hell am I doing in here on Christmas Eve?"

If I had to decide, id go with the Gav philosophy. It is a load of dollar chasing bollocks nowadays.

If I was a dad like RiS Id probably feel different (its for the kids after all isnt it?), but as an adult trying to do adult things, its shite.

Only good thing this year is that ive blown enough fucking wad in sainsburys over the last year to pay for a decent gratis christmas big shop, courtesy of mr and mrs nectar points.

I totally love christmas!!

The antisipation, the smell of mulled wine,the letters to and from santa the christmas tree / decorations .. its the fucking dogs knackers and as if all that wasnt enough the look on my daughters face when she comes down stairs on christmas day.. if I never have another day after... that makes the whole thing worth while..

The board games, the cheating at board games and the shit xams movies.. how is this not the best time of year?

I love boxing day seeing my brothers kids when they all unwrap their presents and my daughters face again as she has a second christmas day with all the lads round at my mums.. I love the food, the wine, the whole shebang.

I love phoning my uncle an him blowing me a big kiss down the phone despite the fact that I'm 31 years old. I love calling my cousin in Ireland and her already being shit faced an my not unerstanding a word she says.. I like the packed pubs and the busy shops (I shop completely on line).. the kit and kaboodle if you will.. Bar hum buggers take note - have kid or kids and then tell me you dont just love this time of year!

I totally love christmas!!

The antisipation, the smell of mulled wine,the letters to and from santa the christmas tree / decorations .. its the fucking dogs knackers and as if all that wasnt enough the look on my daughters face when she comes down stairs on christmas day.. if I never have another day after... that makes the whole thing worth while..

The board games, the cheating at board games and the shit xams movies.. how is this not the best time of year?

I love boxing day seeing my brothers kids when they all unwrap their presents and my daughters face again as she has a second christmas day with all the lads round at my mums.. I love the food, the wine, the whole shebang.

I love phoning my uncle an him blowing me a big kiss down the phone despite the fact that I'm 31 years old. I love calling my cousin in Ireland and her already being shit faced an my not unerstanding a word she says.. I like the packed pubs and the busy shops (I shop completely on line).. the kit and kaboodle if you will.. Bar hum buggers take note - have kid or kids and then tell me you dont just love this time of year!

AVEEZ - your letting us see the real side of you - your a soft shite really!! :tease:

what now? shall i?

I once told a boss what I thought of him on a Christmas do (I was 17 and the bastards plied me with drink intentionally), I told him I thought he was a 'Cockney wanker,' I got laid off days later but the funniest part was that he got fired for embezzlement a little while after. He's been embezzling his father's company. Twat.

I once told a boss what I thought of him on a Christmas do (I was 17 and the bastards plied me with drink intentionally), I told him I thought he was a 'Cockney wanker,' I got laid off days later but the funniest part was that he got fired for embezzlement a little while after. He's been embezzling his father's company. Twat.

I think i may be a bit tiddly, im so glad i dont ave a pc at home as i really would make a much larger tit out of myself than i already do...

anyway suggestions for me telling cunty boss what me reaaaallllly thinks?

I absolutely love Christmas. I'll show you my favourite bits using the Michael Howard smiley bullet points system:

:santa: Seeing the lads without any of us feeling pressure of work, the time off - this year is my first year I won't have to work Christmas as its my first proper year self-employed (I was self-employed last year but had to work!).

:santa: The nice feeling around everywhere you go - everyone being that bit nicer for a few weeks before we get to January and all start whinging about the state of the country.

:santa: The Christmas dinner. Geting together with your family and catching up.

:santa: The nibbles, snacks and more booze around the house....

:santa: .... people putting on weight over the festive period + getting gym memberships as presents + New Years resolutions = A very rich Personal Trainer in the New Year!! £££

:santa: Cheesy Christmas films, cheesy telly that you love, Only Foold on DVD, getting together to watch a movie and have a drink with your family.

:santa: Giving presents. I really love giving prezzies. It shows you actually give a fuck about someone, even though you only do it once a year.

So everyone, have a very Merry Christmas because its getting to that time of year. Don't stress, remember it's meant to be a time of laughs.