You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What Muslims Want

Naz17

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm..these actions tend to have nothing to do with issues realating to muslims living in Britain, but to do with Britians foriegn policy. Basically when Blair comes out and says that 7/7 had no correlation to the Iraq & Afgan war you know it had everything to do with it.

Erm..these actions tend to have nothing to do with issues realating to muslims living in Britain, but to do with Britians foriegn policy. Basically when Blair comes out and says that 7/7 had no correlation to the Iraq & Afgan war you know it had everything to do with it.

Would it not then be better for those who feel so strongly to go out there and fight the war, rather than blow up people going to work?

Would it not then be better for those who feel so strongly to go out there and fight the war, rather than blow up people going to work?

They're trying to make what happen in Spain repeat itself here, i.e affect a political change, heap pressure on Tony Blair to back off from the USA. That won't really work here though, at least i'd like to think it wouldn't.

They're trying to make what happen in Spain repeat itself here, i.e affect a political change, heap pressure on Tony Blair to back off from the USA. That won't really work here though, at least i'd like to think it wouldn't.

It's just not going to happen. Bush/Blair have made it quiet clear that they are not going to give into terrorism... The fact that Tony only has a year or so to go before he steps down and Bush has a couple more before he steps down... it will be up to the incoming President/Priminster to sort out the mess.

Guest molbyscorchio

I don't think Blair himself believes that there was no correlation. But as s31 says, policy won't change in this country because of a bit of terrorism here, though I believe it would be in our interests to enter into dialogue and offer the Arab league more input on the middle east issues.

Guest Will Warmer

Pretty shit programme really.

Ask a Christian if he wants a christian government. Ask an Athiest what government he wants.

There all threats to the other group in a 'democracy' because they might 'take over' and get their way.

Ask anyone who believes anything in fact and they will tell you what they believe. Big Deal. That presenter was a twat as well, he's a right 'balanced' journo him. 'Balanced' means chats balls, asks meaningless questions, doesn't upset unturned stones and concludes neatly. Shit surveys where they've just asked 10 people their views. Multiplied it by a million and draw general conclusions based on that.

I understand he doing a program as a follow up titled: "What cats want" After Sept 11, Establishment favourite Jon Slow examines the views of Cats, or 10 cats that did a cross word which we multiplied by all the cats in Britain old enough to vote. As living organisms they must know what it is like as the Sept 11th hijackers were co-incidently, also living organisms so we meet with them and see how they think these highjackings have affected their communities since that fateful day.

It's just not going to happen. Bush/Blair have made it quiet clear that they are not going to give into terrorism... The fact that Tony only has a year or so to go before he steps down and Bush has a couple more before he steps down... it will be up to the incoming President/Priminster to sort out the mess.

By creating a climate of fear they think it will just wear the man in the street down and he'll call for Blairs head, the Madrid bombings were timed around an election and resulted in the people voting for an anti-war left wing government who weren't previously expected to win, they then pulled their troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq..

Like i say, i genuinely don't know if that would work on us or not, we do have a natural indignance about us which saw us through the Blitz and the IRA bombing campaigns, but I don't know if people beleive enough in our foreign policy to keep quiet if any more attacks occur. Their tactics are as clever as they are savage, no doubt about it.

Guest Will Warmer

Er the war is massively skewed in favour of those with the arms to win it. Those with the arms are those with the finances. Those with the finances are those with the resources under control. What resources does US or Uk have within their borders? Not much. Those methods of control must therefore extend to other countries which must not control their own resources under any circumstances. The people going to work are targets in this system. You can only win a war on your own terms not anyone elses so no it would be detrimental to 'go to war' in the way that you claim because it's feeding a well oiled machine that is designed to deal with this eventuality whilst continuing to pay for it with the stolen resources of another third world country, possibly the one you are fighting for.

Guest Will Warmer
By creating a climate of fear they think it will just wear the man in the street down and he'll call for Blairs head, the Madrid bombings were timed around an election and resulted in the people voting for an anti-war left wing government who weren't previously expected to win, they then pulled their troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq..

Like i say, i genuinely don't know if that would work on us or not, we do have a natural indignance about us which saw us through the Blitz and the IRA bombing campaigns, but I don't know if people beleive enough in our foreign policy to keep quiet if any more attacks occur. Their tactics are as clever as they are savage, no doubt about it.

It doesn't matter as no-one would discontinue the long term British policy who is likely to get elected. It doesn't matter what people vote for, how many wanted to go into Iraq, we'll never know, for obvious reasons. It's not about Blair.

These people would actually have more luck making change if they did what the major parties do and target their message as the few select swing voters in the small number of important marginals. After all; they are the people who count; the rest of the nation might as well eat thier voting slip for all the good it does.

Er the war is massively skewed in favour of those with the arms to win it. Those with the arms are those with the finances. Those with the finances are those with the resources under control. What resources does US or Uk have within their borders? Not much. Those methods of control must therefore extend to other countries which must not control their own resources under any circumstances. The people going to work are targets in this system. You can only win a war on your own terms not anyone elses so no it would be detrimental to 'go to war' in the way that you claim because it's feeding a well oiled machine that is designed to deal with this eventuality whilst continuing to pay for it with the stolen resources of another third world country, possibly the one you are fighting for.

Which war are we talking about here?

Guest Will Warmer

"Originally Posted by navbasi

Would it not then be better for those who feel so strongly to go out there and fight the war, rather than blow up people going to work?"

I'm not entirely sure.

Well it depends on what you think will hurt the british government more? Going out as a one man band to Iraq to be killed by an advanced military killing machine or blowing yourself up amongst defenceless civillians and in turn creating panic and fear amongst the people and nation.

A minority of Muslims believe that British civillians are a legitimate target, becuase they vote in the government and thus responsible for its actions and foreign policy.

As a British civillian, I feel less safe now than ever. I fear that within the next year we will see another 7/7 type tragedy happen. My Girlfreind and I are moving to London next year and it i think about hiow safe it is all the time.

Is that so.

Yes. They're no more worthy of an opinion than your average Joe, and nothing makes them more "special" than said Joe. As far as I'm concerned the majority of Muslims are just regular people with their own beliefs, ways of doing things and going through life with life's problems just like me, you and everyone else walking this planet from all different backgrounds, cultures and enviroments....

When I said "Fuck em", Without the bad day, a nagging missus and a few sneaky pints that actualy should say: Sorry Mr Muslim, but I have my own problems thank you very much.

Guest Will Warmer
Great Britain is no longer Great.

We need to get stuck into these Bastards who have British Passports yet hate our country.

If people hate our country then please hand over your passport and get the fuck out offour country.

This view is agreed by my many Muslim friends in Manchester(although fucking them in the Cricket was a different thing)

Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean anyone should be handing in their passports.

It's not your country it's a peice of land and nobody owns it. I couldn't give a shit what your muslim freinds think, I didn't vote for them to be your freinds.

Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean anyone should be handing in their passports.

It's not your country it's a peice of land and nobody owns it. I couldn't give a shit what your muslim freinds think, I didn't vote for them to be your freinds.

No it is our country mate and not just a piece of land, its the civilisation, culture, and history that occupy that land that are important, not the physical space.

The problem we have now with radical muslims is partly of our own making, we allowed them to preach their hatefull shite and publish their newspapers here for years before 9/11 in the hope it would spare us from becoming one of their targets, virtually every exiled middle-eastern government was based in London at one stage as well as their publications, so we had a ready made army of extremists who were recruiting in British mosques ready to take up arms, which they've now done. Abu Hamza is a case that springs to mind, I'm sure there are literally hundreds more.

Guest Will Warmer
No it is our country mate and not just a piece of land, its the civilisation, culture, and history that occupy that land that are important, not the physical space.

The problem we have now with radical muslims is partly of our own making, we allowed them to preach their hatefull shite and publish their newspapers here for years before 9/11 in the hope it would spare us from becoming one of their targets, virtually every exiled middle-eastern government was based in London at one stage as well as their publications, so we had a ready made army of extremists who were recruiting in British mosques ready to take up arms, which they've now done. Abu Hamza is a case that springs to mind, I'm sure there are literally hundreds more.

It's not, it's a peice of land. In reality you can make commonly agreed rules and laws in reference to it but you can't own it when it was here before us and will be here after us. Civilisation, culture and history are fluctuating misnomers that don't really mean anything as theres nothing behind those words but an idea of yours. Thats space that you deem fit to dismiss will outlast you and your petty 'laws'.

Oh, thats surprising because theres been extremists knocking around every capital in the world since the year dot. Why thats a defining issue for you I couldn't say but since it's OK for Isreal to kill civilians in mass amounts then when it happens to us we have no right to complain. Treat others as you expect to be treated, its a simple premise. What about our hatefull newspapers and the bombs that follow their lead?

It's not, it's a peice of land. In reality you can make commonly agreed rules and laws in reference to it but you can't own it when it was here before us and will be here after us. Civilisation, culture and history are fluctuating misnomers that don't really mean anything as theres nothing behind those words but an idea of yours. Thats space that you deem fit to dismiss will outlast you and your petty 'laws'.

Oh, thats surprising because theres been extremists knocking around every capital in the world since the year dot. Why thats a defining issue for you I couldn't say but since it's OK for Isreal to kill civilians in mass amounts then when it happens to us we have no right to complain. Treat others as you expect to be treated, its a simple premise. What about our hatefull newspapers and the bombs that follow their lead?

Baffled...

There's so much wrong with all of that i wouldn't know where to begin, so i won't..

Guest Will Warmer
Baffled...

There's so much wrong with all of that i wouldn't know where to begin, so i won't..

Didn't think you'd step out of your own bubble anyway to be honest.