You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fresh approach for Kuyt imminent - Bascombe

WeAreTheBest

he's the only striker with pace apart from bellemy on the books.

no neck is quite injury prone leaving us with no pace through the middle should sinema get loaned out/sold.

daft comments aside I wont be too disappointed if fsp is retained for one more season.

read on ceefax this morning that one of the papers says that kuyt will snub us for newcastle. how come they have so much fcuking money? are they in real madrid style debt?

on a brighter note Bolton are making a bid for Diego Tristan. we could hijack that deal. though he could be another morientes.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That comes from The Dail Star.

If he doesn't want to play for us, we don't want him.

I think the star are using that old quote from some time back (with kuyt apparently saying he wanted the geordie move), it was re-posted yesterday. Load of shite I think. The guardian are saying he has said he's only coming here or nowhere.

Who the fuck knows what the real story is, but we'll know in the next 15 days.

read on ceefax this morning that one of the papers says that kuyt will snub us for newcastle. how come they have so much fcuking money? are they in real madrid style debt?

on a brighter note Bolton are making a bid for Diego Tristan. we could hijack that deal. though he could be another morientes.

That whole Newcastle thing was made up by some Geordie fans. Amazing how quickly shit like this gets spread around.

Dirk Kuyt WILL sign.

Pretty strange that story, it says we've been given permission to speak to him but have yet to agree a fee with his club! Odd...

That seems pretty common practise nowadays when there is little difference in the club’s valuations.

Hope so, 'back in the day' being allowed to talk to the player meant it was virtually done and dusted at the clubs end and you were on the home straight, here's hoping - excellent timing by the Daily Star there as well, on the ball journalism at its best.

Pretty strange that story, it says we've been given permission to speak to him but have yet to agree a fee with his club! Odd...

often happens now, basically means they are going to sell him to us though. Good news and all that. Nice bit of summer wheeler dealering. I haven't been this pleased with a summer's signings since Diouf and Diao came. Ace.

oh.

often happens now, basically means they are going to sell him to us though. Good news and all that. Nice bit of summer wheeler dealering. I haven't been this pleased with a summer's signings since Diouf and Diao came. Ace.

oh.

:D

But joking aside, the ghost of 2002/2003 season is enough to give me sleepless nights for a while.

I believe feyenoord want most of the money if not all up front. I think we are stalling them over how the fee will be paid.

Newcastle can give them all the money up front and offer kuyt twice the wage he will get here.

he's got a choice, he can be stinking rich or play for the best club in the world and still be stinking rich

Guest TK-421
That pair and Cheyrou for 20 million. By christ. We did get Stevie Finnan in at the same time for 3.5 so it wasn't all bad.

Wasn't Finnan a year later when Harry arrived? "Edge of the seat" and all that.

People in countries other than England call our premiership the english premiership, abbreviated to the EPL. Like it or lump it.

Ive always called it the Premier League but Fox Sports is giving the EPL a hiding because of its American background. I'd prefer it if everyone called it the Premier League only because as liverpool supporters we spend alot of time admiring our history. I suppose some would argue that the Premier League changed the English title (especially money wise) so the name could also go with it, but history can not be ignored.

Ive always called it the Premier League but Fox Sports is giving the EPL a hiding because of its American background. I'd prefer it if everyone called it the Premier League only because as liverpool supporters we spend alot of time admiring our history. I suppose some would argue that the Premier League changed the English title (especially money wise) so the name could also go with it, but history can not be ignored.

Agreed. It's not the EPL, though, is it. The other organisations have football asscociations that are named the SFA (Scottish Football Association) etc, whereas ours is just the FA because we the founders of football. There's only one FA in the world and because of our name there is only one Premier League. It irritates me the way that people want to piss over our national heritage.

Agreed. It's not the EPL, though, is it. The other organisations have football asscociations that are named the SFA (Scottish Football Association) etc, whereas ours is just the FA because we founded. There's only one FA in the world and because of our name there is only one Premier League. It irritates me the way that people want to piss over our national heritage.

it must be really tough for you, having conquered and demolished half the world and now somebody is "pissing all over your heritage" by abbreviating the premier league.

it must be really tough for you, having conquered and demolished half the world and now somebody is "pissing all over your heritage" by abbreviating the premier league.

Fuck off you xenophobic cunt. I find those remarks offensive, you tit. Lets hate the English but support an English team. Fucking hypocrite.