You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shirts & Players

AndyH

Inspired by the thread about Cisse out and about with his old school away shirt on I started to think about how certain shirts remind you of certain players?

For me, that silver one with the red speckles (bird shit effect?) always reminded me of Johnny Barnes. Others would be:

- Gold away (treble year) - Mickey Owen

- Green/White quarters - Fowler with his blonde hair belting one in against Spurs really early one year.

- The white one with green sleeves and black ribs (adidas stripes) - has to be big Jan.

Any more for any more?

Inspired by the thread about Cisse out and about with his old school away shirt on I started to think about how certain shirts remind you of certain players?

For me, that silver one with the red speckles (bird shit effect?) always reminded me of Johnny Barnes. Others would be:

- Green/White quarters - Fowler with his blonde hair belting one in against Spurs really early one year.

- The white one with green sleeves and black ribs (adidas stripes) - has to be big Jan.

Any more for any more?

Silver one always reminds me of Steve Nicol (header at Arsenal I think).

Green one reminds me of John Barnes back heel goal ( v Crewe ? )

Gold - Agreed - St Mike at Cardiff.

Guest Gazmo25
Silver one always reminds me of Steve Nicol (header at Arsenal I think).

Green one reminds me of John Barnes back heel goal ( v Crewe ? )

Gold - Agreed - St Mike at Cardiff.

f7_1_b.JPG

3-3 against Man Utd at Anfield

fc_1_b.JPG

Getting tonked by PSG '97

a7_1_b.JPG

1996 FA Cup farce

Any more for any more?

Why would we be wearing the away shirt against Spurs?

Why would we be wearing the away shirt against Spurs?

Good point, pretty sure we were doing our "We've got a new kit out, let's wear it whenever we can and flog as many as possible" routine. We've done it before, we'll do it again.

The adidas 95/96 with the big 'v' collar will alaays be Stanley's wonderful winner v. Newcastle in the first 4-3 game.

The adidas 85/86 away (white shirts black shorts) is Paul Walsh in the cup vs. Watford.

The all yellow Umbro away is Rush's superb hat trick against the Villa in 84/85

the red one with stripes up both sides is Ruddock for me.

That red with white flecks and the silver away one from the same year is defo Barnesey

the cricket jumper is defo Stan's

the quarters one is Robbie

the ecru one is Jame Redknapp

the red one with stripes up both sides is Ruddock for me.

That red with white flecks and the silver away one from the same year is defo Barnesey

the cricket jumper is defo Stan's

the quarters one is Robbie

the ecru one is Jame Redknapp

The ecru one is getting embarassed by PSG (minus the Carlsberg sponsor)