You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LJMU MA Short Film Festival

Sut

2024-Poster-Final.png?resize=750%2C1054&ssl=1

As part of the MA Film course at Liverpool John Moores University Screen School, we run a short film festival that is accessible online. Last year's students hosted a live event to present awards to the filmmakers, but this year we are intending to have five, one for each of the four strands that films are submitted in (Animation, Documentary, Experimental, and Fiction), along with an awards event. We've had over 2,000 submissions from all over the world to view, rate, and winnow down to the 38 that will be presented in the festival. We're just starting up a social media campaign to raise awareness for the festival, and you can find out more about it at:

Home - LJMU MA Short Film Festival

• Upvote 8

I'm an MA student. Have left teaching and gone back to university to study for this Masters during a year out. Can safely say it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. My mental health is a hell of a lot better, and I'm doing something I love.

This is one of the trailers for the documentary strand. I was on the team responsible for selecting these films. Honey Bunny DuracelThe Most Fragile Part of a Woman is her Body, and A Voice Once Heard are all ace. Really, really well made films.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Sut said:

I'm an MA student. Have left teaching and gone back to university to study for this Masters during a year out. Can safely say it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. My mental health is a hell of a lot better, and I'm doing something I love.

This is one of the trailers for the documentary strand. I was on the team responsible for selecting these films. Honey Bunny DuracelThe Most Fragile Part of a Woman is her Body, and A Voice Once Heard are all ace. Really, really well made films.

Good man the film School is good at LJMU. Phil Redmond is a Prof there

The live Q and As and screenings will be held in the Redmonds building. No idea if Phil will turn up, mind you.

This is the trailer for the Animation Strand. Some quality weird stuff has been submitted. Jelly Baby is really, really good, and nicely twisted.

The overall Festival Trailer has just been published.

The films can be watched 2 weeks from today at ljmumashortfilmfestival.org, the same place you can get free tickets for the live q and a events.

• 2 weeks later...

The festival launches today.

Films can be streamed online at: www.ljmumashortfilmfestival.org. There are some really great films on there, and the longest is only about 20 minutes.

My favourites are a documentary called Honey Bunny Duracell, a fiction piece called Two Syllable Name, an experimental one called A Symphony, and an animation called Jelly Baby.

Live events are taking place at the Redmonds Building on Brownlow Hill next week - free tickets can be booked via the website.

We've recorded a podcast where we talk about the festival and the films - the second episode was released on Wednesday, and I think the third should be out today. It's on Podbean and Apple and is less than a quarter of an hour long. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-ljmu-ma-short-film-festival-podcast/id1734588388

• Upvote 1