You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (H) - Sun 24th Sep 2023 (2:00pm)

Trumo

I would have been worried if this was away but being at home, even if we concede first I can see us getting a win. Would go with a similar team to Wolves, bring in Van Dijk for Quansah, would start Diaz on the left with the only question being who starts in the middle between Gakpo/Nunez/Jota

5 hours ago, an tha said:

Set pieces are the worry with these.

They are bastards off corners anyway and with Ward-Prowse now even more so....and of course his free kicks.

There will have been talk all week in training about not conceding any free kicks anywhere around the edge of our box.

I fully expect us to concede an early free kick somewhere around the edge of our box.

• Upvote 2

Although we should bring back in Konate and VVD, IMO, the other 8 should be the side that beat Villa (I assume Trent is still out).

My concern is given neither of them featured on Thursday, Jota & Gakpo will likely start.

Not a slant on those 2 players, it’s hardly starting Yesil & Assaidi, I just think we’ve looked so much more threatening with Diaz and Nunez on the pitch. 

Last week v Wolves, they were both far to concerned coming short, rather than running forwards and stretching the game.

Obviously Diaz helped with that after half time, as soon a they all started doing it, we equalised with great play from both of them. 

Just feel v Chelsea, Bournemouth & last Saturday, we just don’t look as threatening (Newcastle was an anomaly). 

WHU will likely sit very deep and look to hit us on the break, as per, so maybe there won’t be a much space behind for Diaz and Nunez, I’d still rather see them starting.  

I'd rather Konate was competing for a long ball with Antonio than Matip or Gomez, so he's got to start for me. West Ham always raise their game against us and knock it around pretty well so we need to be at it from the off and not passively stand off them as we have done for large spells during games this season.

Why has it become the norm to bash us for conceding first in games? It’s all pundits are going on about.

It’s different if we are losing games like last year but we aren’t. You can concede as long as you win it’s fine. Everyone would ideally love a clean sheet but the game is designed now to maximise chances for ‘entertainment’

11 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Why has it become the norm to bash us for conceding first in games? It’s all pundits are going on about.

It’s different if we are losing games like last year but we aren’t. You can concede as long as you win it’s fine. Everyone would ideally love a clean sheet but the game is designed now to maximise chances for ‘entertainment’

Powers that be lad.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:
David Moyes: “I finished above Liverpool a couple of times as Everton manager and got a few good draws too” First Antonio now Moyes

Fuck me. 18 years and 11 years ago respectively. 

One of which we ended the season with the CL, the other the League Cup and beat them in the FA Cup semi at Wembley. 

Like saying Babel always used to score against WHU because he scored once in 2009.