You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Jun 19-23 2023)

tlw content

wtwheader.jpg

Monday Jun 19:

So the Saudis look like they’re about to sort Chelsea’s FFP problems by signing some of their castoffs for over the odds fees. Why would they do that, you may ask? Because according to reports, Chelsea’s owners and the Saudis have a close relationship. In fact, some reports have the Saudis as a major investor in the company that bought Chelsea. No idea if it’s true, but there’s a reason why they’re paying £30m for Koulibaly when no other club in Europe would touch him and his 300k a week salary with a shitty stick. Honestly, football is utterly fucked and oil money and sports washing is the reason why. 

Chelsea are spending money like it’s going out of fashion and the Saudis have bailed them out of the FFP mess they were in, City do whatever the fuck they like and Newcastle’s owners have hands in so many pies around the sporting world now it’s impossible to keep track of what’s going on. United will be bought by Qatar and you can add them to this shitshow too. And where will it leave us? Scratching around for the leftovers after the mega money clubs have taken their pick of the big players available each summer. 

There's even talk that Neves is going to be loaned to Newcastle for two years. That can't happen, the other clubs would have to object as that would mean Newcastle signed a £50m player from a PL rival for absolutely nothing. The Saudi league would presumably be paying his wages too, keeping it all off Newcastle's books. They can't let that happen because it's completely fucked on so many levels.

One man the Saudis aren’t getting is Gerrard, who despite seemingly having agreed to go there (he flew over there for talks ffs) said tonight it’s not true and he isn’t taking up the offer. Either his conscience got the better of him or they didn’t offer as much as he expected. Either way, I’m glad he isn’t going as I would have thought less of him for it. 

On the international front, Virgil is taking more stick again from the Dutch pundits. They got stuffed at the weekend by Italy and Virgil is the one getting most of the flak. Of course he’s hit back saying some stuff about how he doesn’t mind criticism when it’s fair but some of it hasn’t been. I saw something about him taking issue with Roy Keane saying our defending was like a pub team at times last season. I didn’t actually see anything from Virgil himself referencing Keane so maybe that’s people assuming that’s who was referring to. We did defend like a pub team though for half of last season. Just own it, Virg.

Virgil is way too precious over this shit. Nobody was criticising him when he was playing out of his skin and was arguably the most important footballer on the planet. The criticism is there because he hasn’t been playing at that level. Maybe he thinks it’s unfair because he had a bad injury and that has impacted his form, and maybe he’s right. But if he plays like he can then nobody will say anything negative because he’s the best in the world. When you don’t live up to the standards you’ve set yourself this is what happens and you need to accept it.

Meanwhile, that manc cunt who wore the disgusting 97 shirt has been banned from football for four years and given an ‘indefinite’ ban by United. I could quibble here about why it’s indefinite and not life, but the real story is the four years. People have had life bans from stadiums for far less than that. He even laughed when the verdict was read out and tried to say the shirt was about his grandad who died at 97 and didn’t have enough kids. This despicable cunt is lucky he isn’t doing time. Everyone knows who he is now though so hopefully at some point he gets what’s coming to him. 

View full article

• dave u pinned this topic
33 minutes ago, deiseach said:

I'm going to start getting the match programme again, all those stories from Klopp I'm missing out on: "I put slippers in the dishwasher and Ulla said 'you're just like Dave Usher!'"

That one wasn't a comparison between Klopp and me, I was just trying to figure out why Carvalho was frozen out. Would make sense when you think about it.

This is the chance for UEFA to step in.

Would the football world really miss City (smallest big brand in world football  check out their Manchester superstore, seen bigger newsagents)

Newcastle (who) and PSG. (Only existed since 1970)

Simply NO strike now before they fuck ot all up, (although UEFA are doing a good job there as well, incompetent twats)

Why are middle east not buying Barcelona Madrid or Bayern? Cause their leagues won't allow it. And their supporters (not sure about Madrid)....

Is our piss weak PL, Sky and BT money etc 

Fckin ruining footy.

• Upvote 1

I don't think UEFA can do anything. They tried and lost.

The PL Clubs hold the power but they wont do anything either. All they'd need to do is get together and agree to forfeit games against City. Just refuse to play against them. It's that simple. Let them win the league by default while everyone looks at the table and knows the second place team are the real champions. 

Or they could all apply to join the Football League and leave City and Newcastle (and Chelsea if they're as dodgy as it's beginning to look) to play eachother in a Premier League that no-one watches.

I hardly ever remember any dreams I have, so either I don't have many or I just don't realise I'm having them. I reckon 50% of the ones I remember have Suarez in them, which is weird because honestly, it's not like I spend every day thinking about him all the time.

1 minute ago, dave u said:

I hardly ever remember any dreams I have, so either I don't have many or I just don't realise I'm having them. I reckon 50% of the ones I remember have Suarez in them, which is weird because honestly, it's not like I spend every day thinking about him all the time.

Adele.jpg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dave u said:

Oh no question that was me up until about 5 years ago, I freely admit to that.

Haha you mentioned one of her songs on the pod last year and thinking about him whilst you were in a queue with Adrianna.

I'm not even taking the piss though mate, I am with you on the Luis love.

I often dream that I'm playing central midfield with the mid-80s Liverpool team. We usually play in the yellow strip of the day and the games are at the home of my club, when I was a kid. There is a Kop at one end though. 

I actually don't like Molby in the dreams because he is a threat to my place in the midfield alongside Whelan and McMahon. 

I never remember any other dreams but these are vivid, regular and memorable. It's a pity they are set in the 80s, otherwise I could take a few photos on my phone and post them here to prove how real it is/was. 

Anyway, its late. I'm off to sleep. Wish me luck. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic