You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Decommissioned guns.

Poor Scouser T

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A spoon is designed not to be deadly or dangerous.

If you buy a gun that isn't deadly and dangerous, get your money back; you've been sold a dud.

You could do a lot of damage with the handle and I’d definitely not like to have my eyes scooped out.

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Very much hard on material. Seriously a gun is fucking ace. I've fired all sorts up to 50 call which are just unreal. I've been in a tank firing at targets 1/2 a mile away an blowing them away and the guy doing it it is like he is ordering a pizza, calm as fuck.

I would put guns in the hands of all my kids if I was in the US. Hold them, understand them, know how to use them, respect them, fear them, know how to defend yourself against them.

Run from a knife, run to a gun. That is the situation you live in.

That's not the situation we live in its the situation you live in inside your head.

15 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

I’ve fired handguns, an uzi, automatic rifles and a machine gun mounted on top off an ex army vehicle are a rifle range in America.

It was a bit shit. Don’t get the obsession with the things and all the instructors were ex army bellends. One of them was killed by a 9 year old girl a few months earlier whilst she was firing an uzi.

Guns are fucking shite but the monster truck they gave us a ride in was fucking boss.

Was that the heavily publicized cased were the kid shot the guy?

Horrible. More for the kid. The guy obviously was off. But it happens to us all.

Stupid giving a young girl an Uzi. I'm no firearms expert but FFS.

I had an air rifle as a kid and my old man taught me the basics. 

Look what is behind the target if you miss.

Don't point it at anyone

etc etc.

But don't shoot innocent stuff was his mantra. Rats are cool. Ducks are not.

I followed it and never shot anything 'nice'

Until one day the cut was frozen and 100-150 yards away the gulls were all around a hole in the ice and my mate said there is no way I could hit one that far away.

I had a go and took a wing off a big gull. It was wailing and carrying on and I saw my old man in the path coming that way he would have hammered me. So shot it about 4 times and it stopped. Never fired an air rifle since,

I've never cared too much for guns. Anything designed to quickly end a life just doesn't float my boat. But I can absolutely see how they may look appealing to many people. I'm sure there's a sense of power holding a machine that can instantly end a life. 

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I've never cared too much for guns. Anything designed to quickly end a life just doesn't float my boat. But I can absolutely see how they may look appealing to many people. I'm sure there's a sense of power holding a machine that can instantly end a life. 

Yeah that's pretty much my thoughts on the things. 

24 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I was in the Florida Keys for a few weeks many years ago. Fishing and drinking.

Got in with crowd of locals who all had guns. Legal or illegal I don't know.

They used to shoot gulls/pelicans off the back of the boat so the other birds would eat them and keep them away from the bait.

What struck me was how they just abandoned the guns when pissed.

Left in bars. lying on the ground by a pizza box. Not sure where they are.

My limited experience of firearms is to never let it out of your sight. Keep it with you at all times.

There was a movie on Netflix were the 'hero' who was apparently an ex special forces guy who could not react because he had left his weapon in the van. Switched off there and then.

Responsible ownership means 90% of the population are unsuitable for firearm ownership and quite rightly it is banned