You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

IMG_9814.jpeg

Wolves are in the shit this season and losing a key player like him that they have a week to replace isn't ideal, meanwhile City set their bench out with bidding 74m for Paqueta, id expect Wolves(understandably) will be pushing for a similar offer.

49 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I was reading yesterday that Marcel Desailly was ready to sign for us until he found out that there were no French-speaking schools in the area for his kids.

is there a link for that? I really liked him as a player and he would have been great for us. Ffs so many what ifs in the 90s

The guys a sell out, it's his right to be such. I dont feel any compulsion to respect his decision, I dont! I have massive disrespect for him theres no need to justify his greed with false equivalences. Theres sportsmen, genuine ambitious sportsmen what they win is everything and the monetary success that follows is a by product of that mentality. For Viega its a means to make money, that's fair enough but he belongs in obscurity theres enough money makers out there he's of zero interest and isn't worth our time.  I've gone around the world to essentially to say its his choice fair enough, nobody should be fighting his corner though we don't fight the corner of British gas maximising their profits because its life changing money. I'll never respect those who chase money first.

25 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

This is such a false comparison.

They are already fucking rich.

Aye but the vast majority of Football players are stupid and probably can't spell 'principles'.

They'll be doing what their agent and any other parasites around them advise them to do and go where they can make even more money.

Get Gravenberch in and that's a decent window. For those who say a CB more of a priority I believe we have more talent at our disposal in this position . For those who say we have too many offensive midfielders just remember the bed wetting when Mac had a three match ban hanging over him last week . I hold out zero hope of Thiago or Jones contributing anything this year so yeah Get the lad in he not dangerous money .  VVD and Gapko will know the score . 

14 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye but the vast majority of Football players are stupid and probably can't spell 'principles'.

They'll be doing what their agent and any other parasites around them advise them to do and go where they can make even more money.

Agreed. Although, even putting principles aside, I just couldn't be arsed to spend my time while I was young and rich living in fucking Saudi Arabia. 

My 15 year football career would be a tour of the nicest places in Europe and South America, maybe finishing it playing for some little club in New Zealand. 

@Paul said on the Bournemouth Pod that we need to get the next young CB in now because the Saudis will be coming for them next season. With Veiga going there that is a signal that it's started already. I reckon the couple of weeks between our transfer window shutting and theirs closing will be pure carnage. Anyone we've earmarked for January or next summer needs to be bought now before the price doubles.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I think as football obsessives I think we can lose sight of the fact that the personal situation and motivation of every player will differ. 

I was reading yesterday that Marcel Desailly was ready to sign for us until he found out that there were no French-speaking schools in the area for his kids.

What a cunt.

48 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

This transfer window has been so fucking mental that I have a feeling that Chelsea and/or Utd will come in for Nunez. And there is a world in which that transfer happens.

Having just spent >£70m on Højlund, what makes you think the mancs would come in and spend more on Nunez?

Similarly, after they’ve just beaten us to Lavia & Caicedo and blocked us on Colwill, what makes you think we have any intention of selling to Chelsea?

44 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Agreed. Although, even putting principles aside, I just couldn't be arsed to spend my time while I was young and rich living in fucking Saudi Arabia. 

My 15 year football career would be a tour of the nicest places in Europe and South America, maybe finishing it playing for some little club in New Zealand. 

Thiago Silva has made some nice really choices.

Porto to Moscow to Rio to Milan to Paris to London. Shame about the choice of teams, but that is living.

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Having just spent >£70m on Højlund, what makes you think the mancs would come in and spend more on Nunez?

Similarly, after they’ve just beaten us to Lavia & Caicedo and blocked us on Colwill, what makes you think we have any intention of selling to Chelsea?

We should bite their hands off, Chelsea that is.