You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

19 minutes ago, SasaS said:

What worries me is, if we don't sign any more players, does it mean we don't get any more podcasts?

I don't think I can make til August without hearing them having a good old moan about teams and players. I find it's quite a therapeutic way to release some tension. 

Maybe we can get a podcast for each player that are strongly linked with but ends up going elsewhere. 

57 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I don't think I can make til August without hearing them having a good old moan about teams and players. I find it's quite a therapeutic way to release some tension. 

Maybe we can get a podcast for each player that are strongly linked with but ends up going elsewhere. 

Bellingham: Best Bits.

2 hours ago, Red74 said:

Think we all need to step back a bit now.  FSG are just waiting for our rivals to go and take all the good players at a premium and will

let klopp loose on the undesirables once they’ve had the yellow discount stickers put on them. 

Whoops !

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This is the fourth day of the transfer window and we've only made one major signing.

#FSGOut 

Personally can't believe we haven't signed 8 of the best players out there in each position yet, losing my head because of it!

5 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

It’s not going to be the only player we sign. The transfer window only opened 3 days ago for christ sake. What the fuck has happened to the support of our club? One poor recent season and it’s a whole cry-arsing bunch of whiny babies. 

always been like that J, it's just that in the last 20 years technology has afforded the pub idiot/bore an opportunity to spout shit to a global audience.  

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Red74 said:

Think we all need to step back a bit now.  FSG are just waiting for our rivals to go and take all the good players at a premium and will let klopp loose on the undesirables once they’ve had the yellow discount stickers put on them. 

Spooky stuff, I was just thinking before that as a football club, we basically do our shopping in the whoops aisle.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

We show interest in Veiga and so now Chelsea are showing interest in him.

Think most Premier League clubs are interested in him, he’s good and he’s available at a decent price because of his relatively low release clause. He’s gonna be linked with everyone.

58 minutes ago, Planet Origi said:

Are we buying a right back now that Trent is a midfielder and even Ramsey has been binned off...I doubt it. More chance of Kelleher being converted to a right back

Connor Bradley will presumably be given the chance in the pre-season to stake a claim for a Europa/Carabao starting berth. Gomez will also be an option. Can't see us spending money in that position.

17 minutes ago, redrosetints said:

I’m assuming this lad will be buddies with Bajetic ? Both Celta Vigo and Spanish u18 products ?

He is 3 years older than Stefan and was getting into the Celta first team when we got Stefan from the youth team.

Dont think they have crossed paths for Spain, but could be wrong. Obviously though, Stefan's reputation travels far and wide

6 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Connor Bradley will presumably be given the chance in the pre-season to stake a claim for a Europa/Carabao starting berth. Gomez will also be an option. Can't see us spending money in that position.

Setting up for mediocrity and hoping for miracles...what are we, third or fourth richest club in the world yet acting like Brentford