You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mon 2 Jan 17:30 Brentford vs Liverpool

Lee909

4 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Nunez profligacy really is problematic. Down the years one of Mane, Salah or Firmino would get us out holes. Darwin just can’t do it when it matters. It’s infuriating.

Would be nice if Salah stepped up too, looks like he's still on holiday. 

Bigger things to worry about than Gary Neville singing. He’s a Manc. He hates Liverpool. Carragher does the same sort of shit when United lose. 

I’m starting to lose faith in Núñez now. He works hard and causes problems. But, he’s 23. He shouldn’t still be “raw” at that stage of his playing career. He’s not 17 or 18. 

Saying that, he offered more tonight than Salah. Probably his worst game for us. 

If we don’t get top 4, their might be a bit of a clear out and players who want to leave for CL football. It could be a blessing in disguise. A rebuild is needed. Badly. And maybe Klopp needs to adapt a bit too. We simply don’t have the players with the physical attributes to play how he’s wanting us to play. 

A couple of seasons ago Virgil going off injured would have fans feeling anxious, now it's met with a shrug of the shoulders. Hard to care when the players don't. These should be the seasons we built on our 2020 success, instead we've thrown it all away through misplaced loyalty to underperforming players and refusal to invest despite glaring and obvious gaps in the squad. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

You want to compare that bum Nunez's track record with Kuyt's?! 

51 goals in 208 games for Liverpool according to Wiki.  Fucking shite and so bad he was moved to the wing.  He ran around alot though.

12 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

By tomorrow night we'll be 18 points behind Arsenal before the half way point of the season. 

Relax, we are after all still 2 points ahead of Brentford and 3 points ahead of Fulham. They represent our natural competition level now.

Right after the game, It's hard to say what Brentford even did here tactically that was anything more than being prepared on set-pieces, trying to win duels and launching it to fast players. They got some bounces and luck and they worked hard. More likely, this is much more about us and some of our players than them.

Elliott is impossible to put on the pitch tactically now. He's less than a zero. I don't know what the future can hold for him at this point. The system we're playing, this big Klopp-Ljinders tactical evolution is also impossible to defend in, it seems, so maybe it's not all his fault. That might be his only saving grace.

Tsimikas had a mare but that happens. 

I am very glad Klopp took van Dijk off. I've been a bit sick of his shit for a while. He still thinks he's the big man, meanwhile he's ageing about as gracefully as a dog with alzheimers. He's fully reached the point of his career where he will be bad in a number of games and will choose when to turn up and that's fine, but his attitude fucking stinks. It doesn't match the reality of who he is now. He needed a reality check.

I think Thiago only stayed on because he would have had to put Jones on for more than 10 minutes and that wouldn't be good. He was awful, though, and could have been yanked at half as well. 

I won't comment too much on Darwin. We know the drill by now. Some will keep pretending he doesn't have absolutely massive holes in his skillset as a footballer and they'll continue to look stupid. 

Conversely, Chamberlain, who is the easy target, was good. Good on him. End on a positive, innit.

7 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Maybe more Henderson, Milner, Fabinho, and not replacing wijnaldum. 

Thiago is carrying the can of every other player that's claiming to be a midfielder..... Its a fucking disgrace 

Every midfielder went to shite when Teflon became a regular, it’s not his fault at all.

• Downvote 1

I don’t think Klopp actually cares that much anymore. He’s won everything possible, made millions, seen it all before. I remember the old Klopp screaming at the players, running down the touch line, shouting at referees. Now we concede 3 goals and he just stands there grinning. He’s waiting for the German job.  

• Downvote 4

Better in the second half, but I suspect that was largely down to Brentford sitting back and trying to protect what they had. As soon as they started lumping balls into the channels late on, our defence shit a brick again. Jurgen needs to earn his money motivating this team, because when we play like this, half of them look like they can't be arsed. Is he too close to them? I'm not sure, but it's clear that alot of them either need a rocket up their arse or fucking off completely. Our play is based on 100 miles an hour, high intensity with and without the ball. If you can't manage it, you shouldn't be on the pitch. At the moment, we've got too many passengers who can barely string two passes together, let alone play in a Klopp team.

• Upvote 2

We didn't look like scoring but it was a foul on Konate all fucking day long. The attacker moved across the back of his legs causing him to stumble. Its the attackers movement that causes Konate leg to hit him. I very much doubt Mo gets away with that

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Code said:

Konate was directly involved in all three goals against us tonight. 

People have been shouting for him to get into the team, not me obviously, I think he has too many mistakes in him. 

Another player whose fan club on here doesn’t bare any resemblance with the real world.

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I don’t think Klopp actually cares that much anymore. He’s won everything possible, made millions, seen it all before. I remember the old Klopp screaming at the players, running down the touch line, shouting at referees. Now we concede 3 goals and he just stands there grinning. He’s waiting for the German job.  

The fuck?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lee909 said:

We didn't look like scoring but it was a foul on Konate all fucking day long. The attacker moved across the back of his legs causing him to stumble. Its the attackers movement that causes Konate leg to hit him. I very much doubt Mo gets away with that

I though he stood on his achilles/heel at the time. Still we were never scoring a second anyway.