You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RIP Liverpool v Wolves 10-9-22

Chip Butty

10 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Can see the advantage in that, but only if every game was called off. We’d be at a disadvantage otherwise. Might be a good time to play them before Potter gets his ideas fully across. 

I’d rather Tuchel was still in charge when we played them!

10 hours ago, an tha said:

Only worry is they end up pulling games in london because of preparations for the next day/policing/travel etc

The Brighton game has already been cancelled due to strikes. They haven't got a match now until they face us on the 1st of October!

I really can't see the Chelsea Liverpool game going ahead. They  won't want the hassle of that game the day before the funeral.

20 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The Brighton game has already been cancelled due to strikes. They haven't got a match now until they face us on the 1st of October!

I really can't see the Chelsea Liverpool game going ahead. They  won't want the hassle of that game the day before the funeral.

Will be hugely unfair if is case and make the decision to cancel games this weekend even more illogical.

We'll be fucked with 2 games to rearrange in 2nd half of season and if as usually happens Chelsea go deep in cups that one will be a nightmare to rearrange.

My gut feel is it should and will go ahead - but i do fear it being called off

10 hours ago, HBenn said:

Personally thought they were a bit slow to decide cause they really didn't want to cancel, then saw the golf and cricket had so thought they had no choice. Then saw the golf and cricket weren't cancelled for long and probably kicked themselves for cancelling.

The upshot being I don't think there is anyway they cancel nxt weekend now, especially with the gov saying it's their choice. 

I reckon it was the FA. You've only got to look at their words and how they were threatening people with punishment at any level of football if they even played a friendly, that they were very much locked into the idea of not football. The premier League would have likely known that and if they'd have gone ahead, will have done so in contradiction with the FA. 

30 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The strikes are off now though, so who knows, they may come back on. 

27 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The Athletic saying that it's been suggested no fixtures are played in London next weekend, so the fixtures are reversed, e.g we play Chelsea at Anfield.

https://theathletic.com/3582177/2022/09/10/premier-league-fixture-disruption/

Wouldn't that mean Everton and us playing the same day within a couple of hours? Can't see that happening

1 hour ago, Torvald Utne said:

Wouldn't that mean Everton and us playing the same day within a couple of hours? Can't see that happening

Maybe they’d put Liverpool v Chelsea on on the Saturday (hopefully not at 12.30 but likely.)

It’s big match to get organised in less than a week, ticket sales and everything else. Supporters travel and accommodation is at least something they don’t need to worry about as they couldn’t give a shit.

They were always going to go for us and Celtic. Two clubs from cities that middle England despises for very obvious reasons. Thatcher hated Glasgow and Liverpool for the same reason - those pesky troublesome folk of Irish descent who should be grateful that they were able to take refuge in such a civilised society. 

The Queen seemed like a nice lady and personally while I can't comprehend the idea of a monarchy, I hope to God that the national anthem isn't booed. Not because it means anything to me, but because we should be better than that and because it means something to a chunk of our supporters. Not thinking like that to make some royalist twats from the rest of the country happy by the way.

• Upvote 2