You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Calvin Ramsay - Welcome to Liverpool

6 hours ago, Aventus said:

Wasn't that after Southgate was trying to play Trent in Midfield for england, and then Klopp got asked why he doesn't try it?

I'm not surprised he ripped his head off, it must have been quite insulting for someone to imply Southgate knew better than him. 

Yeah it was

8 hours ago, dave u said:

Same with Trent. He's holding a perfect line to make sure he isn't playing Benzema on. If he had dropped in to cover Vinicius and Benzema had connected with the shot and scored then Trent would be getting blamed for that. 

I'm fairly sure he did exactly what he has been coached to do and he was in the position Klopp would want him to be. It was just a spawny fucking goal.

And the ball touches Benzema in an offside position.

5 hours ago, m0e said:

You said we'd need him to move out of RB and to get a better defender in. Your reason, or at least your exhibit A, was the CL final winning goal.

I'll point out that we made our 3rd CL final, and 4th European Cup final in 7 years, having won everything else in between, with him at right back.

As Klopp once said, "I'm happy these people aren't making the decisions."

We’ve done well with him at right back, but the team is capable of evolving and changing, or do you think it should stay exactly the same forever? 
I’ll point out we lost 2 CL finals in 4 years and didn’t score in 3 this year so there’s room to improve.
We are allowed to express an opinion on possible ways the team can improve without you throwing your tampon at the window.

55 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

We’ve done well with him at right back, but the team is capable of evolving and changing, or do you think it should stay exactly the same forever? 
I’ll point out we lost 2 CL finals in 4 years and didn’t score in 3 this year so there’s room to improve.
We are allowed to express an opinion on possible ways the team can improve without you throwing your tampon at the window.

I literally have no clue where to start with this abomination, but I'll give it a go.

So, apart from Real Madrid and Man City (the only 2 teams that have eclipsed us in the 2 main competitions over the past 4 years), we have done better than EVERY other opponent we've faced domestically and in Europe.

The result of which does NOT mean we have to move players out of position in order to avoid staying "exactly the same forever".

For example, buying a proper #9 to score more goals for a club record fee.

Which brings me to not scoring in the 2 Cup finals WHICH WE WON as NOT a reason to move our most creative player AND a defender who was part of the two clean sheets that helped us win, into midfield.

And finally, you ARE allowed to express whatever you want, just as I am allowed to express whatever I want about whatever you expressed; including your ridiculous tampon metaphor.

On 17/06/2022 at 02:57, HBenn said:

Anyone think (think I know what the answer will be :) ) that there is any chance that we could see a tactical switch that sees this lad play more often than we expect and Trent move more into midfield? 

Love to see that.

• 1 year later...

Terrible for the lad that he has lost so much of these crucial devwlopment years....Hard to believe he is already 20 and will be 21 before next season and has hardly played in so long.

Gonna take the lad a while to get up to speed but hopefully he can start catching up for all the time he has lost and can kick on.

• 2 months later...

This lad really needs to play some football - he's missed a ridiculous amount of his really important development years - we need to get him back out on loan to a half decent side ASAP. He then really needs to stay fit and start working his way back.

Getting Ramsey a loan back up in Scotland would be a good move for him. He just needs games at the moment, more so than it being at a certain level. Feel for the kid as he seems to have really been unlucky since he joined

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Getting Ramsey a loan back up in Scotland would be a good move for him. He just needs games at the moment, more so than it being at a certain level. Feel for the kid as he seems to have really been unlucky since he joined

Might as well just give him games in the U23s I think. Keep him back, monitor his fitness, be around the first team.  

6 hours ago, Pidge said:

Certainly in the next few weeks with Trent out. See if we want to get him some games at the deadline, but get him involved in the meantime.

Not allowed to play for more than 2 clubs in a season.