You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

9 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

It makes absolute no sense giving him game time ahead of Gakpo and Jota.

Im not sure. I just don't think we'll know until he gets regular games. I think the longer he's benched the less his chance of making it here. I just have a feeling he has a higher ceiling than Gakpo and Jota.

14 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Im not sure. I just don't think we'll know until he gets regular games. I think the longer he's benched the less his chance of making it here. I just have a feeling he has a higher ceiling than Gakpo and Jota.

Newcastle away is not a fixture for learning on the job. The team will be picked to win the game on Sunday, not in the hope that one player will bed in after 6 or 7 games. 

8 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Newcastle away is not a fixture for learning on the job. The team will be picked to win the game on Sunday, not in the hope that one player will bed in after 6 or 7 games. 

I don't think what I'm talking about fits that description. Gakpo certainly has to "bed in" to his new role as Nunez would up top. And id pick him with the intention of winning the game.

His goals per game is as good as Gakpo or Jota too. Im hardly talking about chucking in a youngster and hope they "make it". He started pretty well, but needs more game time to push on.

I guess what I'm saying is we have a lot of talent in Jota, Gakpo and Nunez, but none of them are guaranteed starters, and for a reason. They're all "pretty good" with none of them having been good enough to nail down a place in the team like Salah, Mane or like Id image Diaz will. Out of those 3, given what ive watched so far I'd back Nunez to take his place given the chance.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Same ground he scored at last season? 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Same ground he scored at last season? 

I think he will be exciting and score goals when he plays. I was just saying that I don’t think Klopp will start him in games just to see if he can get used to the system. He will play if the manager thinks it is the correct choice for any given day. 

Just now, Razoray said:

I think he will be exciting and score goals when he plays. I was just saying that I don’t think Klopp will start him in games just to see if he can get used to the system. He will play if the manager thinks it is the correct choice for any give day. 

If he doesn't start him over Jota on Sunday Klopp can leave with Salah. 

(It's a joke) 

At the moment Gakpo or Jota are guaranteed starters ahead of Nunez.  Not only is Gakpo a better player than him he actually suits the way we play.  I doubt Gakpo is bedding into a new position either.  As soon as we’ve got someone to play in the 6 then Gakpo goes back up top and the two new midfield lads play the 8’s.

The clamour to get Nunez in the team is absolutely baffling.  He’s complete garbage.  Even the captain chaos stuff has completely disappeared when he plays.  It’s just give the ball away or hit a shot in a stupid situation.

We should have heeded the warning in the Nunez signing. We spent months wondering what the new plan was, how we were tinkering the way we play and staying one step ahead. I think we can conclude now, given what's happened this summer, that there wasn't really a coherent plan after all.

• Upvote 1

There’s too many plans. Just put the ball in the back of the net and stop the other fuckers putting any in ours. Nunes, Jota and Gakpo are all good goal scorers but I’ll think we’ll see Nunes eased more in cup games for a while. I still think he’ll come good. 

He was actually the player I immediately thought of who could give us something different after the Paris final, but when it looked like Salah wasn’t going to sign a new contract I presumed they’d be looking at others. Made up we got him and I actually think he could still be a difference maker.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

We should have heeded the warning in the Nunez signing. We spent months wondering what the new plan was, how we were tinkering the way we play and staying one step ahead. I think we can conclude now, given what's happened this summer, that there wasn't really a coherent plan after all.

I think that was clear last summer when we did nothing in pre-season to adapt the system to account for him and the only nod towards it when the season started was nullifying Salah to create space for Nunez by pushing him wider and further away from goal.

In fact we've been so committed to a system that suits Nunez that at the first opportunity we tried to correct course and bought another player who can play false 9. 

We've all fallen in love with the idea of having something and then got buyers remorse once it's arrived, Klopps no different.

On 20/08/2023 at 05:42, Lee909 said:

We're not banging in goals for fun though. Even last year our goals for was substantially swayed by 3 games. 

We scored 75 goals, 1.97 goals per game. 

Without the Bournemouth,Leeds,Utd games it's 53 in 35 1.5 gpg. 

We looked clueless in attack against Chelses after 30 minutes. Maybe is changes once we get more control in midfield but we are very wasteful in attack. 

We scored two v Chelsea,even if one was fractionally offside and 3 at home,one of them with 10 men. Our attacking play is fine. Our GK having to keep pulling off worldies is more of a concern.

16 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I think that was clear last summer when we did nothing in pre-season to adapt the system to account for him and the only nod towards it when the season started was nullifying Salah to create space for Nunez by pushing him wider and further away from goal.

In fact we've been so committed to a system that suits Nunez that at the first opportunity we tried to correct course and bought another player who can play false 9. 

We've all fallen in love with the idea of having something and then got buyers remorse once it's arrived, Klopps no different.

Seemed odd  that a team that nearly won the quadruple then had to adapt to a guy arriving from Benfica

On 24/08/2023 at 07:03, Razoray said:

Do peacocks excel at flying though? They might think they are good at it but they aren't really.  Posing, now that they are good at. 

Every Peacock |ve met, without exception, has been shit at football

And believe me, Ive met more than you think

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

I'd be surprised if he starts on Sunday - it'll be Diaz, Gakpo/Jota (depending on whether Endo starts and Gakpo is needed in midfieldI) and Mo. Villa at home will be his chance.

I don't see villa at home to be his type of game. They'll dig in and sit deep. He won't get chance to use his pace.

He gave Newcastle a tough time at their place last year. 

30 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Hmmm, doesn't work like that with strikers especially.  

Immobile will attest to that probably.  

If he can't get a tune out of Nunez I'd think we need a pretty serious conversation about Klopp.  

Yeah, name one attacker Jürgen Klopp has ever got a tune out of, the fucking loser.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Especially Gavin.

He was a decent little player to be fair.  Not to be confused with Darren Peacock who played like he had boots on the wrong feet and is one of the luckiest people ever to somehow make a career out of something he just couldn't do.

Had a great post-football career in the music industry and won a Grammy, apparently.

170px-MichaelBolton.jpg