You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Elden Ring

37 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Had missed this so just gone back to it. Well overlevelled but can see what you mean. 

Getting my arse slapped about by Heihachi from Tekken now.

Tekken is in Elden Ring?

Is this actually a FromSoftware game?

I've only struggled against a couple of bosses thus far and about to enter Leyndell now. I've usually had a couple of weeks stuck on an early game boss on most Soulsbourne games. Nothing as mental as Father Gascoigne yet 

Beaten Malenia. One more boss in faram azula before heading back for the final one.

Respecced to go all in on Dex and bumped endurance to 45 to block through some of her tougher attacks. Used a rune arc and freeze grease every time and gave my mimic volcano pots (which really slowed her down in the first phase).

Second phase bought a load of bleed bolts and used the triple shot crossbow whenever she did the flower attack. Usually got a bleed each time. Other than that was just luck. Managed to survive one flurry, but the only other one was on my mimic.

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

Beaten Malenia. One more boss in faram azula before heading back for the final one.

Respecced to go all in on Dex and bumped endurance to 45 to block through some of her tougher attacks. Used a rune arc and freeze grease every time and gave my mimic volcano pots (which really slowed her down in the first phase).

Second phase bought a load of bleed bolts and used the triple shot crossbow whenever she did the flower attack. Usually got a bleed each time. Other than that was just luck. Managed to survive one flurry, but the only other one was on my mimic.

What level are you?

34 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

What level are you?

Was 150, so pretty much overlevelled from what I've seen. But over 120 hours, I didn't really grind for levels, but tried to get through as much of the game as I could. Finished the game around 160.

32 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Was 150, so pretty much overlevelled from what I've seen. But over 120 hours, I didn't really grind for levels, but tried to get through as much of the game as I could. Finished the game around 160.

Ha, I'm about that now and I'm only just heading to Radahn.

Over-levelling is my way of compensating for being shit. Wish it didn't affect summons though, haven't seen a sign since Godrick.

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

How do you use this Glintstone pebble?

I’ve got the staff, I’ve got the pebble, I’ve got to the Academy…. No idea what to do with any of it.

I’m only level 48 or something.

Sit at a grace and memorise spell, then equip the staff and hit the button to attack (l1 in left hand, R1 in right). 

There are also throwable.items that basically do the same thing. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

Just at the 100 hour stage and finished Leydell. Way too much time played but I'm trying to get everything done. Might have to have a rethink as I don't want to spend another big chunk of time to finish the game.

I'm well behind, but I'm switching approach now. I've been working through the map, taking out optional bosses and marking them off. Now, I'm just going to sprint a bit and ignore a load of side-quests.

This game wasn't designed for us to see everything in one playthrough. 

48 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm well behind, but I'm switching approach now. I've been working through the map, taking out optional bosses and marking them off. Now, I'm just going to sprint a bit and ignore a load of side-quests.

This game wasn't designed for us to see everything in one playthrough. 

I hardly ever replay games. But I'll likely get through it now and not do half the stuff that's optional and left.

7 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I hardly ever replay games. But I'll likely get through it now and not do half the stuff that's optional and left.

Same here. 

The thing is, the lack of a quest log in this game makes it far harder to remain invested in a storyline. By the time I've stumbled across the item someone mentioned, I've forgotten who they were and why they wanted it.

Apparently there's a limit on markers, I'd have struggled if I'd hit that as using them to track dungeons I didn't do when I found them, or which ruins/gaols I'd done. 

Also worth saying that when you beat the final boss you can just light the grace and run off before completing the game. You can even finish the game and carry on without going into NG+. So if the exploration is a bit of a grind don't worry about not being able to go back. The only place you should really make sure you explore fully is Leyndell city (also the only place with missable items if you want the trophies).

• Upvote 1