You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton or Newcastle?

Em City

Everton or Newcastle?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming only one can go down because life can only get so good, who do you choose to be relegated?

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Not even a question. 

If the Saudis get relegated, it just means it will take them a year or two more to buy their way to the top. If the shite go down, it will be blissful.

This. 

Newcastle will have clauses in player contracts that reduce wages in the event of relegation. They’d be straight back up again even if the Saudis weren’t there. 

I doubt Everton have such clauses in player contracts, they’re spending 90% of turnover on wages and they’d be totally fucked without the PL TV money. 

It would be peak Everton to finally go down whilst in the middle of building a new ground. 

Newcastle getting relegated would just delay the inevitable. Everton would be like that massive turd you just can't flushing finally fucking off.  Might reset expectations a bit for them.

I can see the argument for picking Newcastle but as has been said, it's delaying the inevitable. The other lot going down would be absolutely hilarious. Didn't one of them tweeted that if it happens Reds will be getting thrown though windows all over town? I'm looking forward to that night. "The Night of the Wrong Wives" 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Tough call.

Nah, not really, the Bloos every time, for the comedy value if nothing else.

They’d be back after a season, but getting relegated might just give them the shock they need for reality to kick in and be accepted.

Newcastle? Will no doubt have a long term plan, but when the ESL eventually arrives, they just might be excluded as nobody outside of this country will know who they are.

8 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Tough call.

Nah, not really, the Bloos every time, for the comedy value if nothing else.

They’d be back after a season, but getting relegated might just give them the shock they need for reality to kick in and be accepted.

Newcastle? Will no doubt have a long term plan, but when the ESL eventually arrives, they just might be excluded as nobody outside of this country will know who they are.

Good point on the ESL.

The shite are probably not going down this season for my money - But it is coming and i fancy it to happen in next couple of years.

They are a mess - financially unstable, they make terrible decisions as a football club, are spending above their means and havea shite squad.

Make no mistake - it is coming.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Everton. Wall-pushers. Murderers. Victims. Hands over the face Hillsborough gestures. It probably won't happen, but I'd be happy enough if it did.

This is the reason I chose them and made the comment I did.

I used to think as easytoslip, but not any more.

• Upvote 1

I chose Newcastle because this is the last time they will ever be in danger of being relagated, whereas Everton are as mess and will be in danger of relegation regularly over the next few years. Plus I want it to be us who sends them down preferably at the pit while simultaneously being the game that wins us the league. That would do nicely.

• Upvote 2