You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

How do the Russians determine who is an actual civilian, when this comedian president is openly arming civilians and training them on how to make molotov cocktails.

It’s true. Poor Russians have to shoot anyone with a bottle of vodka, just in case.

They only went for the hospital because a doctor was cleaning with a bottle of ethanol. Easy mistake to make.

2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

It’s true. Poor Russians have to shoot anyone with a bottle of vodka, just in case.

They only went for the hospital because a doctor was cleaning with a bottle of ethanol. Easy mistake to make.

That might be what western politicians and media like to call collateral damage when it is them causing it. Or frame it as if the hospital was being used as a human shield by fighters.

On the subject of Zelensky and no fly zones, RP is correct. Zelensky has millions of good reasons to ask the west to take Russia on in the sky above Ukraine and Nato and the west have a billion good reasons to say no. 

Zelenskyy has received unprecedented humanitarian, military and financial backing from every country in west before and during the Russian invasion, its not being a Putin apologist to believe no fly zones are extremely unlikely to happen and another solution will have to be sought to end this war.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Ukraine might want to make sure there's no trucker/farmer protests in future like we saw recently in Canada too, winding farmers up could definitely get out of hand with the stuff they have.

DO NOT FUCK WITH FARMERS 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

That might be what western politicians and media like to call collateral damage when it is them causing it. Or frame it as if the hospital was being used as a human shield by fighters.

Difference is, wen the west does it I call it murder, when Putin does it I call it murder. When the west does it you call it murder, when Putin does it you say ‘but what about the west’. Telling. 

• Like 2

Things are actually pretty black and white here. Russia has for two weeks been carrying out an all-out aggression against a neighbouring sovereign nation. It should stop immediately and withdraw its troops back over the internationally recognized borders. Period. No ifs and buts and what abouts.  

Nothing justified this act, no NATO, no Nazis, no biolabs, no coup / Eurmaidan protests (pick your version) even if Ukraine attacked Donbas, this wouldn't be a justification for the Russian military intervention, because Ukraine has a legal right to do so. All of this is just noise which serves to justify aggression or at least create a situation where people would say, well, they are all bad, I am sorry for the poor people but what about this and that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, SasaS said:

What do you think it indicates? That Americans (in 2008) estimate Russia is against NATO in Ukraine?

Yeah I think they knew it'd cause problems. Also the bit about division, civil war and Russia intervening though. It might not have all been over NATO but they still managed to predict several things that we're now having to deal with.

25 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

How is somebody not wanting to read what you wrote ‘censorship’? Is not buying the Sun newspaper censorship? Is not watching Fox News censorship?

It's micro censorship/nudge theory.  Positive reinforcement of anything that solely blames Putin for this conflict, and ridicule for anyone looking at the wider context.  It's all over this thread. 

I think Putin's a cunt and shouldn't be invading Ukraine.  I also think the reaction of the western world is shameful, hypocritical and in some cases morally bankrupt. 

For example, I don't recall American or British athletes being barred from competition when we flattened Iraq. 

And renaming the chicken Kiev?  C'mon, man - you yourself suggested that would be silly behaviour earlier in the thread, but it has happened.  It's still chicken Kiev to me and I'm going to make a point of ordering them in my loudest voice in restaurants. Chicken KIEV for me please, waiter. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Things are actually pretty black and white here. Russia has for two weeks been carrying out an all-out aggression against a neighbouring sovereign nation. It should stop immediately and withdraw its troops back over the internationally recognized borders. Period. No ifs and buts and what abouts.  

All good but do you seriously think they are going to do that? 

24 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Nothing justified this act, no NATO, no Nazis, no biolabs, no coup / Eurmaidan protests (pick your version) even if Ukraine attacked Donbas, this wouldn't be a justification for the Russian military intervention, because Ukraine has a legal right to do so. All of this is just noise which serves to justify aggression or at least create a situation where people would say, well, they are all bad, I am sorry for the poor people but what about this and that.

All good and fair but where do we go from here?

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The Cardiff stuff is nuts and dangerous, we're not and shouldn't be against the Russian people and their culture and history, that's just utterly ludicrous. What next, burning War and Peace?

I'm going to shred my Solzhenitsyn and Dostoyevsky this afternoon just to be on the safe side.

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah I think they knew it'd cause problems. Also the bit about division, civil war and Russia intervening though. It might not have all been over NATO but they still managed to predict several things that we're now having to deal with.

And you think "several things that we're now having to deal with" or as it is also called, Russia's aggression against Ukraine, should have / would have been prevented if everyone just bowed to Russia's demands / concerns, irrespective of their legitimacy?

18 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

As for Fox News, I found myself watching Tucker Carlson in full flow and nodding along.  There, I said it. 

Your transformation is complete. #WWG1WGA

I’ve been watching bits and bobs of it for a laugh. Had my mate round at the weekend for a few beers and I briefly turned the music off to show him how nuts they are. Then I flicked over to GB News and they had Kriss Akabusi on to discuss current affairs. Needless to say, we watched the last ten minutes waiting for an AWOOGA, which sadly didn’t arrive, before I turned the telly off and put the tunes back on. 

• Upvote 1