You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Starmer has done a few interviews today where he’s used phrases like “maxing out the government’s credit card.” Add this to today’s dumping of the green economy plan and you’ve got to be off your head to think it’ll be anything other than more of the same, more austerity under a Starmer government. 

We quite rightly say anyone who votes for the Tories is either a cunt or an idiot, or both. 

I hold anyone who believes this is all some amazingly clever game by Starmer and once elected will turn out to lead a left leaning government with the same disdain. 

This is not me saying don't vote Labour to get by the Tories out, they need to be gone. However, don't tell me this cunt will do anything to help the majority of the British people. 

June of last year was before Starmer went to Murdochs summer party and came out swinging against all things green, including Khan's Ulez scheme.

It's been deservedly brutal for Labour ministers this morning. Reeves has resorted to gaslighting by compering household income to government debt. 

Economist on the BBC explains what Reeves knows anyway.

Nobody is really disputing any of this, but what's the end game of the people railing against it at the moment? It's like these people saying they won't vote for Biden again. 

Biden/Starmer - low level shit. 

Alternative, beyond words. Although I would be intrigued on a superficial level to see what nicknames Trump comes up with for Sunak. 

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nobody is really disputing any of this, but what's the end game of the people railing against it at the moment? It's like these people saying they won't vote for Biden again. 

Alternative, beyond words. Although I would be intrigued on a superficial level to see what nicknames Trump comes up with for Sunak. 

It's a fair question to which I haven't a clue on an answer. Possibly people within the party trying to alter the thinking of those at the top? 

Biden a bit different because he's ill. If he's been deemed not fit to stand trial then he's not fit to be President. Although the answer is similarly elusive. Kamala Harris is also out with the fairies. 

29 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

"The British Prime Minister, he's called Rishi Sunak. Nice guy; little guy. You don't even notice him. I call him Little Rishard."

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

https://x.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1755883184582008992?s=20

25 point lead with YouGov. Polling taken during the green deal U-turn. Make of that what you will.

It's all white noise. He'll be PM for the same reason Blair was, the Tories have come apart and he's successfully auditioned with the right people to replace them. 

I honestly don't think a lot of people understand the sheer degree of psyops we're subjected to by the media and right wing press when it comes to our politics. 

Reeves finally shows emotion. Although it's because she's talking about failing to insult (probably the poor) homes to save money. She sounds like it's a badge of honour. Sounding proud when defending it. Absolutely dreadful women.

What she's failing to understand is uninsulated homes will result in increased illness meaning more people falling ill and so off work and more pressure on the NHS. Also putting the handbrake on jobs and growth. Not to forget helping the world burn. Or those dying through cold. senseless. 

You tell him Rach...

On 09/02/2024 at 10:28, Section_31 said:

My end-game is preserving my mental health.  I do my venting in here; you cunts are the void I scream into. In real life the focus is GET THE FUCKING TORIES OUT!

• Upvote 1

On 09/02/2024 at 11:04, Section_31 said:

It's all white noise. He'll be PM for the same reason Blair was, the Tories have come apart and he's successfully auditioned with the right people to replace them. 

I honestly don't think a lot of people understand the sheer degree of psyops we're subjected to by the media and right wing press when it comes to our politics. 

...or he'll lose for the same reason Kinnock did in 1992. It's not a done deal, by a long stretch. Those "psyops" are nothing compared to what we'll see once the campaign starts in earnest.

The Tories will throw unprecedented money at their campaign and will have all the tax-dodging billionaire media bastards training all their fire on Labour. 

Labour will also throw big money at it, but nowhere near the same amount, so they'll need activists to get on the phones, to knock on doors, to win arguments in workplaces, etc.  It's really not helpful that the leadership offer so little to enthuse and motivate activists - or that they dismiss potential activists as "fleas".

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

My end-game is preserving my mental health.  I do my venting in here; you cunts are the void I scream into. In real life the focus is GET THE FUCKING TORIES OUT!

Amen brother.

I'll never see the British public in the same light again post 2019. If I could get out of here I honestly would.

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Amen brother.

I'll never see the British public in the same light again post 2019. If I could get out of here I honestly would.

I felt that way 40 years ago, I just didn't have a trade that would have opened the door of another country for me. Then I met my Mrs, had my kids and that was that.

My lad has a degree in IT and a class 1 HGV licence, my daughter is a teacher and we've told them both if the opportunity arises for them to emigrate, grasp it with both hands.

It would break our hearts to see them and our Grandkids go, but there's nothing here for them. The country is a shit hole, they aren't valued by the state and there are no opportunities here for them.

They are 38 and 36 years of age, it will take 20 years or more to sort the country out after the damage these bastards have done and by that time it will be too late for them.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Are there really greener pastures elsewhere?

I've often thought people who emigrate overlook the problems in the society they move to because they're not in a sense their's.

The world is run by the same people everywhere.

I think every English speaking country currently experiences the same structural issues. Some may be marginally better than others but overall the experience is the same: low wages, high rents/mortgages, high fuel costs, high healthcare costs and on and on. Its the system that's broken. Unfettered, rampant, greedy capitalism is a disease. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Are there really greener pastures elsewhere?

I've often thought people who emigrate overlook the problems in the society they move to because they're not in a sense their's.

The world is run by the same people everywhere.

My sister and her husband emigrated to the USA 18 years ago. She's been back here a few times to see us, most recently in October which was 5 years since her previous visit.

As we were driving back from the airport she said Jesus, what the fuck happened here, it's filthy.

A week later as I dropped her off at Speke she said the best thing they ever did was go, the UK just seems like a third world country.

There's no heirs and graces with my sister, she says it how it is, and she's right. This country is regressing. Rapidly.