You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

Just now, Code said:

Elliott lost us the game. 

Game was lost tlon the 5 on 2 breakaway. Shit ball from Gakpo, Elliot takes ages to not shoot and then tries to slide a ridiculous pass in. Could have taken 1 touch on his right foot and taken a shot across the ball

Find is unbelievable how many top pros can't use their weaker foot at all

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Game was lost tlon the 5 on 2 breakaway. Shit ball from Gakpo, Elliot takes ages to not shoot and then tries to slide a ridiculous pass in. Could have taken 1 touch on his right foot and taken a shot across the ball

It’s fucking annoying when they play for your team though.  

Just now, stringvest said:

It’s fucking annoying when they play for your team though.  

I find it ridiculous 

I'm no more than a Sunday league player when I was younger but even I could finish on either side just as easy because my dad forced me to only use my weaker foot. Every pro should be able to take one touch and shoot into the far corner to a decent level. I blame it on all these show ponies loving their Instagram robona videos

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

I find it ridiculous 

I'm no more than a Sunday league player when I was younger but even I could finish on either side just as easy because my dad forced me to only use my weaker foot. Every pro should be able to take one touch and shoot into the far corner to a decent level. I blame it on all these show ponies loving their Instagram robona videos

Couldn't agree with this more, got into football late in the day as I was already 11 when I played what is the equivalent of little league baseball to football here in the states. For whatever reason I could always shoot or pass with both feet though, of course I preferred it on my right but I never once thought to myself that I couldn't have a go with my left if necessary. A professional effectively not trusting themself to use one half of their body is insane to me.

I’d question the wisdom of Harvey and Bradley being our deepest outfield players for a 119th minute corner that Quansah isn’t going to be a threat to the opposition at.

Bad mistake from Harvey, but I’ve seen more shambolic ones from Alisson, Virgil and others this season. It happens.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Picking one moment from that game and saying it cost us the game is dimmer than Dominic Raab. 

His decision making directly led to the mancs scoring the winner. 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Elliot was poor today. He is always so desperate to be on his left foot. In that chance, he didn't even need to go right and twat it. We had players everywhere, he just needed to move it quickly with his right to another one of our players free. It's showed some point decision making from gakpo too, who must know Harvey doesn't want that type of ball. It's hard to blame the 4th on him though. We shouldn't be leaving just one back there in the 119th minute. It's fucking stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

We didn't lose because of Harvey. We lost because our finishing was shit and defending not much better. Collectively we were poor and quite frankly, they bottled this match. I absolutely knew we would lose the game when that fidget spinner impersonator moron Anthony scored to level the match. If that useless cunt that's not scored in 50 games or however many it was gets an equaliser, after you've missed chance after chance, you know your luck is out. 

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

We didn't lose because of Harvey. We lost because our finishing was shit and defending not much better. Collectively we were poor and quite frankly, they bottled this match. I absolutely knew we would lose the game when that fidget spinner impersonator moron Anthony scored to level the match. If that useless cunt that's not scored in 50 games or however many it was gets an equaliser, after you've missed chance after chance, you know your luck is out. 

Did we miss chance after chance? We had a lot of the ball. I don't remember onana making 1 save you wouldn't expect a park keeper to make. And I don't remember any big misses. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Elliot was poor today. He is always so desperate to be on his left foot. In that chance, he didn't even need to go right and twat it. We had players everywhere, he just needed to move it quickly with his right to another one of our players free. It's showed some point decision making from gakpo too, who must know Harvey doesn't want that type of ball. It's hard to blame the 4th on him though. We shouldn't be leaving just one back there in the 119th minute. It's fucking stupid. 

Sending 9 up for a corner in the last minute when the scores were level and leaving an inexperienced  teenager at the back on his own in a hostile pumped up Old Trafford was probably the single worst decision Klopp has ever made as a manager. Utter madness.  

18 hours ago, stringvest said:

He made two there.  Firstly allowing the ball to be taken from him, and then not grabbing on and giving the foul away.  I hope Klopp highlights that - it’s a hard lesson to learn, but he has to learn it.  

Well he's already done it once before this season so either Klopp never told him or he didn't listen.

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Sending 9 up for a corner in the last minute when the scores were level and leaving an inexperienced  teenager at the back on his own in a hostile pumped up Old Trafford was probably the single worst decision Klopp has ever made as a manager. Utter madness.  

He gambled and lost. He often wins.

21 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Picking one moment from that game and saying it cost us the game is dimmer than Dominic Raab. 

Like people who say Gerrards slip cost us the league its dumb as fuck an

entire season one of which we wouldn't of been within a mile of winning without Gerrard but it came down to one slip and one goal! 

I dread to think how far this club could of fallen without Gerrard.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Did we miss chance after chance? We had a lot of the ball. I don't remember onana making 1 save you wouldn't expect a park keeper to make. And I don't remember any big misses. 

Unpalatable as it is, United had by far the better chances during the game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Not for me either. He's a championship level player living the dream. Having a good attitude and work rate shouldn't even be in the discussion to play for Liverpool.

He is far, far from a Championship level player.

He has over 100 appearances for one of the best sides we've ever had and he's still only 20.

He's been ran into the red zone the last few weeks.

• Upvote 1