You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

American Politics

Boss

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

Has Pete B got a realistic chance of winning this thing? Don't remember him featuring much in the opinion polls.

According to the (left leaning) programs that I watch, no. 

They all seem happy he came first/second with Bernie Sanders in Iowa (a few were saying before the partial poll results that the ideal scenario was Pete finishing second close behind Bernie).

Their reasoning is apparently he has virtually no support amongst none white caucus voters, so has no realistic change of getting the Democratic nomination. However, by finishing first he will stay in and Joe Biden will limp on and this will split the anti Bernie vote. 

Bloomberg buying the election (along with the DNC changing its' rules to help) is a bigger concern for the "progressive" supporters. 

Obviously this could be very wrong and I am sure people closer to it than me can give you more information.  

• Upvote 1

Look at the replies. Republicans are maniacs. Like Tories or Lib-Dems. My particular favourite reply to this was "Clearly not smart enough to see the irony or to get two wrongs dont make a right." Completely ignoring the valid point being made. Deflect, Ignore, lie or be a hypocritical cunt.