You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

He's been overly emotional all week, I think he's get no credit for sparking bums when Joshua gets all the credit in the world.  His last two opponents should have been Povetkin and Ortiz but due to juicing (which Joshua blatently does) it's Washington and Stiverne.

Imagine he isn't happy about Joshua getting £9m to fight Takam whilst he got $1.2m this weekend haha,

Yeah, I think he's got every right to feel pretty pissed with how things have panned out for him. Don't really buy all the crap about him avoiding people etc even if his record is pretty shite.

Bellew licks AJs arse so much that he’d also look a massive hypocrite if AJ ever got caught.

I find the whole PED thing in sport extremely interesting, it could do with its own thread really but as were on the subject here what other “obvious” cases of people on PEDs do you think there is?

I can see the argument for the Spanish teams from earlier in the decade but what drugs and what makes you think they were?

I think all of Pep Guardiola’s teams are on something, they go from average to good fitness levels to extraordinary levels of intensity in quite a short period.

Joshua is the most obvious looking, from a purely physical point of view, you only have to look at his Olympic photos to now, it’s insane! A 6ft 7in or whatever he is guy is typically very long and thin, which he is naturally as you can see from earlier photos but now he’s literally got muscles coming off muscles and weird abs. How do they all manage to get away with it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/9834122/Operation-Puerto-doctor-Eufemiano-Fuentes-treated-tennis-players-athletes-footballers-and-a-boxer.html

and this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/12092102/Blood-samples-in-a-Barcelona-freezer-could-spark-biggest-ever-doping-scandal-as-Operation-Puerto-resurfaces.html

Bellew licks AJs arse so much that he’d also look a massive hypocrite if AJ ever got caught.

I find the whole PED thing in sport extremely interesting, it could do with its own thread really but as were on the subject here what other “obvious” cases of people on PEDs do you think there is?

I can see the argument for the Spanish teams from earlier in the decade but what drugs and what makes you think they were?

I think all of Pep Guardiola’s teams are on something, they go from average to good fitness levels to extraordinary levels of intensity in quite a short period.

Joshua is the most obvious looking, from a purely physical point of view, you only have to look at his Olympic photos to now, it’s insane! A 6ft 7in or whatever he is guy is typically very long and thin, which he is naturally as you can see from earlier photos but now he’s literally got muscles coming off muscles and weird abs. How do they all manage to get away with it?

Juan Manuel Marquez (most blatant i've seen for years)

Badou Jack

Floyd Mayweather

Manny Pacquiao 

Wladimir Klitschko 

Vitali Klitchko

Anthony Joshua

GGG

Saul Alvarez

Alexander Povetkin

Luis Ortiz

Bernard Hopkins

Jarrell Miller

Artur Beterbiev

Adonis Stevenson

Terence Crawford

Orlando Solido

They are the ones i personally feel are using, or have used extensively. Now there's no evidence to back some of these up, but usually the biggest tell tale sign is fighters that do not diminish as they get older. Another one is fighters that are by far and away better than everybody else around them. Thirdly fighters that never were all that good, suddenly becoming great fighters (Jack being a good example).

• Upvote 1

He's been overly emotional all week, I think he's get no credit for sparking bums when Joshua gets all the credit in the world. His last two opponents should have been Povetkin and Ortiz but due to juicing (which Joshua blatently does) it's Washington and Stiverne.

Imagine he isn't happy about Joshua getting £9m to fight Takam whilst he got $1.2m this weekend haha,

But rejects Whyte for 3m and demands 7m?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Juan Manuel Marquez (most blatant i've seen for years)

Badou Jack

Floyd Mayweather

Manny Pacquiao 

Wladimir Klitschko 

Vitali Klitchko

Anthony Joshua

GGG

Saul Alvarez

Alexander Povetkin

Luis Ortiz

Bernard Hopkins

Jarrell Miller

Artur Beterbiev

Adonis Stevenson

Terence Crawford

Orlando Solido

They are the ones i personally feel are using, or have used extensively. Now there's no evidence to back some of these up, but usually the biggest tell tale sign is fighters that do not diminish as they get older. Another one is fighters that are by far and away better than everybody else around them. Thirdly fighters that never were all that good, suddenly becoming great fighters (Jack being a good example).

I definitely cant argue with that list, Jarrell Miller would be a bit odd though, he's pretty shite and doesn't look in that good shape either.  I don't think Crawford is either.  JMM is possibly the most blatant case of juicing in the history of the sport.  Roy Jones Jr close second.

I definitely cant argue with that list, Jarrell Miller would be a bit odd though, he's pretty shite and doesn't look in that good shape either.  I don't think Crawford is either.  JMM is possibly the most blatant case of juicing in the history of the sport.  Roy Jones Jr close second.

I could well be wrong about Crawford. Crawford is enrolled in VADA because he's WBC champion. He's probably clean in fairness. 

On the subject of Marquez's drug use - have you ever seen Memo Heredia trying to pretend to be a strength and conditioning coach? There's a scene in 24/7 where he's meant to throw a medicine ball at Marquez's stomach and he keeps fucking it up. Marquez goes into roid rage on him. It's great.

I could well be wrong about Crawford. Crawford is enrolled in VADA because he's WBC champion. He's probably clean in fairness. 

On the subject of Marquez's drug use - have you ever seen Memo Heredia trying to pretend to be a strength and conditioning coach? There's a scene in 24/7 where he's meant to throw a medicine ball at Marquez's stomach and he keeps fucking it up. Marquez goes into roid rage on him. It's great.

I haven't seen that, I'll have to look on youtube.  I used to always avoid the Pacquiao 24/7's, they were always proper boring.

Haha just think about some of the mad roadman shouts Joshua will be lashing everywhere during the build up, Fury will have his head all over the place.

I haven't seen that, I'll have to look on youtube. I used to always avoid the Pacquiao 24/7's, they were always proper boring.

Haha just think about some of the mad roadman shouts Joshua will be lashing everywhere during the build up, Fury will have his head all over the place.

Fury will get into Joshua's head big time. He's a far bigger personality and also a bit mental.

I'd love to see Joshua/Fury. Fury has a long way to go to get fit though he is massive right now and hasn't got the discipline I don't think for a proper camp. The build up will be better than the fight because Joshua will walk right through him. 

I used to hate Fury but fuck me he didn't half make me laugh in the Klitschko press conferences. 

I'd love to see Joshua/Fury. Fury has a long way to go to get fit though he is massive right now and hasn't got the discipline I don't think for a proper camp. The build up will be better than the fight because Joshua will walk right through him. 

I used to hate Fury but fuck me he didn't half make me laugh in the Klitschko press conferences. 

I reckon there would be a good chance that Joshua would hunt Fury, but not get inside his jab and Fury would remain evasive and pick him off, possibly knocking him out, or at least drop him.

Quite a lot of boxing on this weekend. Looking forward to watching Taylor's follow on from his destruction of Davies. Up against a decent test in a tough and journeyed opponent in Vazquez too.

Not sure I will stay up for any of the American bouts as up for footy on Sunday, but will look for the highlights of Beterbiev/Koelling and Jacobs/Arias.

Hoping to find a stream for Smith/Williams rematch too. Quite a bit coming up this next 6 weeks, then onto WBSS in January.

Kugan Cassius giving it a bit to Joshua aswell earlier, saying he’s glad to see the real AJ. What’s up with Joshua today seems to have gotten out of bed the wrong side!

I’d love to see what Tyson Fury gets up to to piss him off because he will be in his head so bad I think Joshua won’t be able to keep his cool when they get in the ring. You can’t take on someone as crazy as Fury in a mind game because the fucker doesn’t even know what’s going on in his own head half the time.

Fury will slowly but surely draw out the real Joshua, you see glimpses of it after he’s fought and pumped up but it’s very quickly squashed and the media trained Olympian comes back. Whyte who knows him from before the fame kept saying to him “be the real you” you’d have to be a complete moron to think that Joshua is being the real convicted drug dealer Anthony Joshua.

Decent little weekend of boxing isn't it, I hate when fights clash though it's just stupid, boxing is already a slight niche sport and they don't help the cause but having interesting cards clash.  I'll have to watch Josh Taylor on channel 5 and then the Beefy fight on Boxnation free from the BT app.

Fury would have Joshua all over, there's no filter on Fury so you can't stop him from saying whatever the fuck he wants.  Joshua has slipped a few times on social media, remember when he started abusing and threatening the feller he fought on the Froch/Groves undercard (I've forgot his name).  He nearly lost it with Whyte too and has snapped at Fury a couple of times. 

If you remember, he lost his cool with that Dominic Breazeale during their first ever head to head if I remember correctly.

Decent little weekend of boxing isn't it, I hate when fights clash though it's just stupid, boxing is already a slight niche sport and they don't help the cause but having interesting cards clash. I'll have to watch Josh Taylor on channel 5 and then the Beefy fight on Boxnation free from the BT app.

Fury would have Joshua all over, there's no filter on Fury so you can't stop him from saying whatever the fuck he wants. Joshua has slipped a few times on social media, remember when he started abusing and threatening the feller he fought on the Froch/Groves undercard (I've forgot his name). He nearly lost it with Whyte too and has snapped at Fury a couple of times.

If you remember, he lost his cool with that Dominic Breazeale during their first ever head to head if I remember correctly.

I honestly used to watch Fury and couldn’t stand him, just thought he was an idiot but the first time I laughed at him and thought “what the fuck is this guy on” was when he called Price a stiff plumber and his gay mate Bellew then when he had a sing song after his fight I’ve thought he was hilarious ever since.

You’re right about Joshua, he’s bitten a few times already with Fury and at the moment Fury’s not even relevant because he’s nowhere near fit. I think Wilder will make him bite aswell, on his video earlier he was laughing at him because he’s 15st, if Joshua is basing his whole confidence thing on the fact he’s 3st heavier than him then he’s stupid, Wilder isn’t the best boxer in the world but whatever Joshua thinks he can definitely bang.

Fury now saying on his Instagram that he doesn’t need to get fit to fight Joshua.

I honestly used to watch Fury and couldn’t stand him, just thought he was an idiot but the first time I laughed at him and thought “what the fuck is this guy on” was when he called Price a stiff plumber and his gay mate Bellew then when he had a sing song after his fight I’ve thought he was hilarious ever since.

You’re right about Joshua, he’s bitten a few times already with Fury and at the moment Fury’s not even relevant because he’s nowhere near fit. I think Wilder will make him bite aswell, on his video earlier he was laughing at him because he’s 15st, if Joshua is basing his whole confidence thing on the fact he’s 3st heavier than him then he’s stupid, Wilder isn’t the best boxer in the world but whatever Joshua thinks he can definitely bang.

Fury now saying on his Instagram that he doesn’t need to get fit to fight Joshua.

That's Joshua's thick roadman mentality though.  Wilder is smaller, Joshua is bigger so he'll beat him.  Joshua just keeps putting weight on as well, a stone heavier then he was against Klitschko.  He weighs 18 stone and Wilder definitely hits harder at 15st.  Wilder's a bit dim though, I can't see him saying much that makes Joshua bite, unless it's about him being on the juice.

That's Joshua's thick roadman mentality though. Wilder is smaller, Joshua is bigger so he'll beat him. Joshua just keeps putting weight on as well, a stone heavier then he was against Klitschko. He weighs 18 stone and Wilder definitely hits harder at 15st. Wilder's a bit dim though, I can't see him saying much that makes Joshua bite, unless it's about him being on the juice.

Joshua isn't a stone heavier than he was v Klitschko? He weighed 17st 12 and came in 18st 2lbs v Takam. He was a stone heavier from the Brezeale fight.

That's the worry for me with Joshua. His weight. He is HUGE now. I know Takam was the smaller guy obviously but Joshua looked so big.

He needs to shed half a stone AT LEAST.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Not getting the dislike for Joshua on here to be honest. 

He seems fairly likeable to me , I am sure he is not perfect but it's a poor society that doesn't allow you to overcome youthful scrapes with added maturity.

Whyte seems to have a lot to say for a borderline nonentity whose small amount of fame comes from not being knocked out by Joshua for 7 whole rounds and just about getting past Del Boy Chisora. I am not sure why Wilder is expected to apologise for not fighting this idiot just because Hearn wants him to.

As for Fury, if you guys prefer a homophobic, misogynistic , cocaine-riddled bloater that is of course your right. I would personally love to see Joshua destroy him and take his time doing it.

• Upvote 1