You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - 5:30pm, 31/12/16 - Don't Look Back In Anger.

Trumo

I wouldn't quite agree with you.

He's now playing with Silva, in the European cup; they'll probably get a few league titles and they now earn the money they want, and in the next contract extension, it will go to 200k.

He's not homegrown, we pinched him of QPR, for a better life.

We got our 49m, he's got what he came for - who really cares, at this point?

Spot on Kevin.

We came out of it all really well. There's not many that would swap the 49m we got for him to have him back. I'd rather we just ignored him from now on too.

But, the booing did seem to affect him so what do I know.

We scored in the 8th minute which meant the onus was on them from that point on.

This is exactly how Rafa got us to number 1 in Europe.

Yep. I cannot remember us doing a job like that since Rafa left.

Maybe Kenny's first game back at Stamford Bridge.

That was more impressive from this bunch of players than the two hammerings we dished out to City last season.

I just noticed the fixtures list. I knew we where playing tomorrow. But Chelsea don't play again until Wednesday. How the fuck did that happen?

Football sold its soul to TV in exchange for the biggest ever trough of money for the clubs to eat from.....as a result competitive fairness etc went out the window and tv does what they want and the clubs have to live with it...

Same reason why LFC fans had to go to Exeter on a Friday night...or two Northern teams have to play a cup semi at wembley at 12 on a sunday whilst two cockney teams play at 4 on a saturday or something....or why Southampton fans have to go to Middlesbrough for a 12pm kick off...or why Europa league games are on a Thursday etc etc.

The shitness and greed of modern footy and TV owning it.

Football sold its soul to TV in exchange for the biggest ever trough of money for the clubs to eat from.....as a result competitive fairness etc went out the window and tv does what they want and the clubs have to live with it...

Same reason why LFC fans had to go to Exeter on a Friday night...or two Northern teams have to play a cup semi at wembley at 12 on a sunday whilst two cockney teams play at 4 on a saturday or something....or why Southampton fans have to go to Middlesbrough for a 12pm kick off...or why Europa league games are on a Thursday etc etc.

The shitness and greed of modern footy and TV owning it.

This ..First SKY, then BT , bought football and as paymasters they decide everything. Consideration of fans or team schedules is of no concern to them  

Bit of a weird game really. It looked like we dropped off because we were expecting an onslaught from City that simply never arrived, and the whole tempo of the game went to shit. Once it became clear that letting them have the ball wasn't a great threat we seemed to focus just on the space itself and they had no answers for it.

Ordinarily I'd say it looked a bit like a 0-0 stalemate that one side pinched, but here the onus was on City to do something, and when they weren't challenged to work their way out they tried longer passes and the space for the wide players wasn't there. I've watched City a few times this season, and it seems as if Guardiola is telling them to maintain composure, but that often manifests itself in lethargic passing and a lack of urgency. 

Last nights game was as poor as the recent Derby-any neutral would have been bored stiff. However, you got two crucial 1-0 wins at  a time when Chelsea are threatening to run away with it, so fair play to your lot.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't quite agree with you.

He's now playing with Silva, in the European cup; they'll probably get a few league titles and they now earn the money they want, and in the next contract extension, it will go to 200k.

He's not homegrown, we pinched him of QPR, for a better life.

We got our 49m, he's got what he came for - who really cares, at this point?

Lottery winning twat

Yep. I cannot remember us doing a job like that since Rafa left.

Maybe Kenny's first game back at Stamford Bridge.

That was more impressive from this bunch of players than the two hammerings we dished out to City last season.

No it wasn't. I'd rather hammer them every time, as would every other supporter I think. That's undoubtedly more impressive.

No it wasn't. I'd rather hammer them every time, as would every other supporter I think. That's undoubtedly more impressive.

We've shown we can take teams apart, but not necessarily win in the fashion we did yesterday evening.

I think it's good to show we can mix it up and win different ways.

We've shown we can take teams apart, but not necessarily win in the fashion we did yesterday evening.

I think it's good to show we can mix it up and win different ways.

You implicitly praised the job Rafa did here as our manager.

As long as there is breathe in his body, Stringvest can't stand for that, he just can't.

• Upvote 3

I think the Sterling booing was for how he left, rather than just being about him leaving.

It's turned out a decent deal for us. We got top dollar for him and, while he's not shite, he's not gone on to be as good as some thought he'd be.

But all that shit with the BBC interview and the agent being a knob etc left a sour taste.

Plus, it seems to really get to him. So, let the boooooooooooooooooooo-ing continue.

You implicitly praised the job Rafa did here as our manager.

As long as there is breathe in his body, Stringvest can't stand for that, he just can't.

??  You seem to be obsessed with my thoughts on Benitez, Kevin.  If you'd like me to spell them out to you once again, I'm happy to, otherwise you need to let it go, it seems to be troublesome to you.  

So, just for clarity, I would rather win ANY game by absolutely battering the opposition, rather than winning by 1-0.  Regardless of who was, is, or will be the manager.  

I guess that might be tricky for you to get your head around, that sort of logic and consistency, but it's a new year, give it a go.  

Guest Pistonbroke

Caught up with the full match last night, not once did I feel we were going to concede, OK, I knew the score. 

Seriously, I thought Klopp got his tactics spot on and we took that early lead which meant those tactics were easier to implement. City huffed and puffed but created very little in the way of chances. An important 3 points in the big scheme of things, all hail the Klopp. 

PS, how shit was that fucking referee!

?? You seem to be obsessed with my thoughts on Benitez, Kevin. If you'd like me to spell them out to you once again, I'm happy to, otherwise you need to let it go, it seems to be troublesome to you.

So, just for clarity, I would rather win ANY game by absolutely battering the opposition, rather than winning by 1-0. Regardless of who was, is, or will be the manager.

I guess that might be tricky for you to get your head around, that sort of logic and consistency, but it's a new year, give it a go.

Still feeling the NYE grog? You know Kev's tone well enough by now surely?

• 8 months later...