Quantcast
Man City (H) - 5:30pm, 31/12/16 - Don't Look Back In Anger. - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Trumo

Man City (H) - 5:30pm, 31/12/16 - Don't Look Back In Anger.

Cut out the lapses but keep up the intensity, focus and desire in attack as we have been, and we can end 2016 on a high.

Incidentally, which stupid arse decided it was a good idea to schedule this fixture so late?

• Upvote 2

They can't defend so we'll get at least 2 imo, how many chances will they get though?

Gonna stick my head on the block here and say we'll win 3-2 in a nervy thriller. 

Will Sadio be playing for Liverpool on Saturday or will he be with Senegal?

Either way, hopefully we will smash them. Hopefully.

He's clear to play against both Citeh and Sunderland.

Hopefully John Stones is playing as I think our forwards will do well against him. They will have chances and so will we. It will come down to whoever is more clinical in front of goal. Unfortunately they have Aguero coming back in and he will be rested and sharp. I think this is too soon for Coutinho on our side, and I don't want to see Sturridge start as I don't think he is fit enough for that.

The score is anybody's guess really, but you would have to think there will be goals for each side. 3-2 for Liverpool would do me, as would any win!

Score draw, which won't be a terrible result in our persuit of champions league football.

The tricky part is following it up with a win against Sunderland two days later.

I think we'll miss Mane far more than we've missed Coutinho.  Coutinho will need a couple of games to get fully back up to speed, so we'll be relying on Origi to continue the unselfish play we saw today, and Sturridge will get quite a bit of game time too.  

Hopefully John Stones is playing as I think our forwards will do well against him. They will have chances and so will we. It will come down to whoever is more clinical in front of goal. Unfortunately they have Aguero coming back in and he will be rested and sharp. I think this is too soon for Coutinho on our side, and I don't want to see Sturridge start as I don't think he is fit enough for that.

The score is anybody's guess really, but you would have to think there will be goals for each side. 3-2 for Liverpool would do me, as would any win!

He might not be as sharp as some think, hopefully he partied over the festive period too much and slacked on training. He could easily pull a hamstring early doors or pick up some other injury. 

Has Aguero missed 4 games?...maybe a little bit of rust there?

Seems like we always do well against these at home - lets hope that continues.

Her City-supporting uncle was showing off over the weekend by exchanging Christmas texts with Noel Gallagher, so it would be nice to bring him down a peg or two (her uncle, not Noel).

Very glad we're playing the home fixture first. Hopefully Aguero isn't firing on all cylinders after his enforced break. These are vulnerable if you go for the throat early doors like Leicester did.

Probably be a 0-0 now.

I think we'll miss Mane far more than we've missed Coutinho.  Coutinho will need a couple of games to get fully back up to speed, so we'll be relying on Origi to continue the unselfish play we saw today, and Sturridge will get quite a bit of game time too.  

Agreed, Mane's pace will be sorely missed

The Mancs are playing Boro which is a guaranteed 3 points for them, which will push them to within 4 points if we lose. We need to channel the Dortmund atmosphere to win this one.

Guardiola's intimated in the past that he was never able to use his regular tactic against a Klopp side. As a result, I have a feeling they will try to play a lot more direct than usual and that they will look to play it long and use Sterling/Sane/Navas/Aguero's pace to beat the press.

How we deal with that will make or break us.