You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

They don't have the patience as a fan group to do what the club needs. It's all hollywood stuff with them. Pogba is the epitome of them. Brilliant on a highlights reel but awful or mediocre much of the time.

Zidane would be wise to steer well clear. He doesn't have a connection to them like Juve.

They don't have the patience as a fan group to do what the club needs. It's all hollywood stuff with them. Pogba is the epitome of them. Brilliant on a highlights reel but awful or mediocre much of the time.

Zidane would be wise to steer well clear. He doesn't have a connection to them like Juve.

Would be quite handy to his house on the Wirral though.

• Upvote 1

They really are starting to look like us around 93/94 aren't they.

But they are loaded and it is a different time...cunts will find a way to buy out of trouble.

Exactly, they're too damn rich to struggle for too long. Enjoying it while it lasts though.

I think Zidane sorts them right out. The players will want to play for him, he will lift the fans and he clearly knows his shit having won 3 champions leagues on the bounce. I'd hate them to get him. I'm also sick of players I loved taking over at cunty teams. 

• Upvote 1

He gets called out plenty now - look at today's headlines. The shame is that they took so long to find their bravery.

You can get the full press conference on Youtube.  It's excellent because as he walks out of the room, the journalists all burst out laughing looking at eachother, openly mocking him.

Was I the only one who thought he was sarcastically clapping the empty chairs in the home support at the end?

As for Spurs, I’m pinning my hopes on them simply running out of gas after a World Cup summer when the Champions League kicks in. They looked decent last night.

Jose Trump or Donald Mourinho?

Lashing out at the media? Check.

Bigging up his own triumphs in a manner that lets him claim all the credit? Check.

Use of alternative facts? Check.

Demanding respect when he doesn't show any himself? Check.

Having an bunch of out-of-touch-with-reality fuckwits stll hanging on his every word? Check.

Apparently, it could cost them as much as £50m to fire him, and he will never jump himself. So they have to resign themselves to more meltdowns and outbursts at the media, more throwing his own players under the bus, and more attempts to fix things by splashing out huge amounts on old and expensive players who've passed their peak.

Long may it continue.

As an aside, this would have been the last year of Moyes' original contract! I've read that they are still paying him off, along with Van Gaal's pay-off and the Portuguese cunt's massive salary.

• Upvote 2

Absolutely no guarantee Zidane sorts them out. He had a once in a generation side that were pretty poor in the league two out of his three seasons there that turned up in the Champions League. Their problems run way deeper than Mourinho.

I reckon he might get more out of their top players like Pogba though, I think player respect goes a long way.

I absolutely love Zizou and it’s class he has 3 European Cups from his 3 seasons in management, but it’s almost certainly an anomaly. From his POV I personally hope he never manages again so he can just point to that record and smile, rather than risk proving it was bolstered unrealistically.

If he starts taking new jobs on it can surely only dim from there, and accepting this United one would be madness without a proper managerial apprenticeship. The job he was required to do at Madrid and what would be required at United are currently so far apart as to be comical.

Look at the difference in what he’d inherit. Apart from the imbalance in United’s squad, where are the self-managing senior pros like Ramos and Ronaldo who will help drag them along, a la the Chelsea of Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba etc during their endless managerial sackings?

With the funds United have and their global standing it’s certainly a job which can be done very successfully if taken on in the right way, by a savvy appointment with a joined-up modern approach behind the scenes. It’s a long way from certain Zidane would be that man. He’s not close to having shown he can rebuild a squad and manage the sort of job required there.

Big risk, which if Mourinho goes I hope they take over going for someone like Pocettinho.

• Upvote 2

I reckon he might get more out of their top players like Pogba though, I think player respect goes a long way.

I don’t think is necessarily true about Pogba. If you watch him he’s clearly trying. The problem is nobody knows where to play him. The way the top teams play their midfielders generally means you are either defensively solid or you’re willing to run and press teams. Pogba doesn’t do either of those things. The reason he gets in the team is because he is talented in the ball. This only takes you so far. I can’t see a manager like Zidane doing anything other than indulging him and letting him carry on doing what he’s doing.

Whenever you see people say what Liverpool players would get in Uniteds team and vice versa youalways see people say Pogba would. It’s complete nonsense from a Liverpool POV because there is no way Klopp picks him ahead of any of ours because he doesn’t run.