You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racist cunts in town

Paul

It looks like an assortment of boneheads are going to try to assemble somewhere in Town - maybe Pier Head, Lime Street Station or Unite the Union in Churchill Way - around 1.00 to 2.00 this afternoon.

More details on the counter-demonstration will be posted on the Anti-Fascist Network homepage.

http://antifascistnetwork.org/

There may be something on again tomorrow.

Unite Against Fascism just posted this on Facebook.

UAF is aware that the tiny, nazi sect, the NWI now claim they will not be in Manchester tomorrow, but, instead in Liverpool. The Manchester UAF mobilisation will still take place. The fascists and their small group of thugs are politically divided and are far from a serious force as with fascists like Le Pen or Jobbik. The likes of the BNP and EDL are a pale shadow of their former selves, having been pushed back by anti fascists, to the margins. Mass mobilisations and electoral work on the doorsteps, broke the back of these groups.

The fascists who may appear in Liverpool are a product of a fragmented far right in the UK and have divisions within their own, ugly ranks. However, we are not complacent and UAF is monitoring the situation, please contact northwest@uaf.org.uk for developments/ mobilisation. Pls share this. More news and infomation TBC, @uaf

The irony of the UAF calling anyone Thugs, they cause more shit than the other mongs.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Speaking as a non-white individual, I am a strong believer in free speech and would support the rights of anyone/group to go on a march (or whatever this is). I obviously don't support their views but I'm not of the view of clamping down on things like this unless there was substantiated evidence to suggest that it could lead to harm/deaths.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Don't like the way these people are described as fascists. Fascism is s political philosophy, these are bored football hooligans.

I think these lot were on 'I'm a football hooligan and proud' thats it basicly, they announce they're going to march in a certain town.

The UAF get all outraged about it release a call to arms status on Twitter or whatever and they both foam at the mouth at each other with the Police in the middle getting all the shit.

Speaking as a non-white individual, I am a strong believer in free speech and would support the rights of anyone/group to go on a march (or whatever this is). I obviously don't support their views but I'm not of the view of clamping down on things like this unless there was substantiated evidence to suggest that it could lead to harm/deaths.

There is.

Hello Uncle Tom.

• Downvote 4

I am ignoring attention-seeking boneheads exercising their democratic right to free speech.

If you lived during WWII you would have been a Swiss banker.

But don't argue with me about free-speech, take it up with that oppressive, authoritarian cunt John Stuart Mill

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.

No.

No they don't.

I've never been in attendance at any of these things obviously but it always seems to be the UAF being arrested and the majority of the aggro on the vids and news reports i've seen coming from the UAF/HNH.

The losers in all this are the Police who prob would of had a nice easy day at work and the people paying for the clean up and the Police overtime etc.