You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah,I really hated those trophies!

He was a cog in a great side he allowed Trent to play the way he did. Showed his true colours as a person last year. To be fair he wasn’t the first limited player to do a job for the club and won’t be the last as you know. 

On 13/02/2024 at 14:28, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He was a cog in a great side he allowed Trent to play the way he did. Showed his true colours as a person last year. To be fair he wasn’t the first limited player to do a job for the club and won’t be the last as you know. 

He wasn't limited at all. He played a role for the club and played it extremely well. Limited players don't often Captain their club for years and lift trophies regularly. He was a very good player and far better than a lot of people give him credit for.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He wasn't limited at all. He played a role for the club and played it extremely well. Limited players don't often Captain their club for years and lift trophies regularly. He was a very good player and far better than a lot of people give him credit for.

I’ll leave it there mate. No point me saying anymore.

14 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Can't see too much wrong with this. There were games he didn't play when we missed him. Unfortunately towards the end of his time here there were games when we missed him despite him being on the pitch. I still think if he didn't get sent off against City we would have won the title in 2014. 

Lot's off great memories of him, mostly lifting trophies so I can't hate the fella. He just wasn't Gerrard and a lot of people couldn't get their heads around that. Me included for a while. Also, that ball to Salah at Old Trafford was world class. 

• Upvote 1

Ajax will play Bodø Glimt tonight in the Europa Conference League. 

Bodø Glimt have had a two month long winter break now, so this will be their first official game since they played Club Brugge in the last game of the group stage in the middle of December.

They have lost their best player and top goalscorer to San Jose in the MSL, and have got a few incomings so its difficult to say much about their quality at the moment. 

Didnt take long for the Dutch to call him out. Interesting read actually, as it’s exactly the same things many on here has been pointing out for years. (Put it through Google translate)

https://voetbalflitsen.nl/nieuws/tfrbt5/opnieuw-kritiek-op-henderson-een-middelmatige-speler-meer-is-het-niet

Willem van Hanegem has spoken out about Jordan Henderson's services for Ajax so far. The Englishman made his debut for the Amsterdam team against PSV (1-1), but did not stand out very much at De Kromme, he says in the Willem & Wessel Podcast. - Advertisement - "Should I, like everyone else on television, say that he is so good before I have seen him play?" Van Hanegem wonders. "He's just a very mediocre player. That's all it is. What he showed against PSV wasn't that special, was it?" De Kromme hereby agrees with Valentijn Driessen, who was previously also critical of the veteran's actions. Driessen was extremely critical of the midfielder. "Yes, he ran his mouth, played the traffic policeman and clapped his hands, but for what or who actually? He showed no initiative on the ball, played to the right color, but more backward than forward and once over the halfway line the new number 6 did not see any options ahead. And that in the Eredivisie, although against PSV, but not at the level of the Premier League. What poverty.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Didnt take long for the Dutch to call him out. Interesting read actually, as it’s exactly the same things many on here has been pointing out for years. (Put it through Google translate)

https://voetbalflitsen.nl/nieuws/tfrbt5/opnieuw-kritiek-op-henderson-een-middelmatige-speler-meer-is-het-niet

Willem van Hanegem has spoken out about Jordan Henderson's services for Ajax so far. The Englishman made his debut for the Amsterdam team against PSV (1-1), but did not stand out very much at De Kromme, he says in the Willem & Wessel Podcast. - Advertisement - "Should I, like everyone else on television, say that he is so good before I have seen him play?" Van Hanegem wonders. "He's just a very mediocre player. That's all it is. What he showed against PSV wasn't that special, was it?" De Kromme hereby agrees with Valentijn Driessen, who was previously also critical of the veteran's actions. Driessen was extremely critical of the midfielder. "Yes, he ran his mouth, played the traffic policeman and clapped his hands, but for what or who actually? He showed no initiative on the ball, played to the right color, but more backward than forward and once over the halfway line the new number 6 did not see any options ahead. And that in the Eredivisie, although against PSV, but not at the level of the Premier League. What poverty.

With all due respect, Willem van Hanegem can fuck off, the curly headed old fuck. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Chris said:

With all due respect, Willem van Hanegem can fuck off, the curly headed old fuck. 

Ha ha, you could well be right about him, I have no idea about his track record as an ‘expert’ to be honest.

Still he describes Henderson’s limitations or lack of contributions in exactly the same way as many on here have been doing for years. Make of it what you want.

For me, and this has been done before I know, I definately agree about a lot of it. Still I can’t completely ignore his contributions to our success while here. Most of all down to Klopp’s ability to build a functioning unit and getting the best out of every player I reckon.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Ha ha, you could well be right about him, I have no idea about his track record as an ‘expert’ to be honest.

Still he describes Henderson’s limitations or lack of contributions in exactly the same way as many on here have been doing for years. Make of it what you want.

For me, and this has been done before I know, I definately agree about a lot of it. Still I can’t completely ignore his contributions to our success while here. Most of all down to Klopp’s ability to build a functioning unit and getting the best out of every player I reckon.

Probably, but he's 33 and has played abar three games in a new team. What was the bloke expecting? Peak Davids?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chris said:

Probably, but he's 33 and has played abar three games in a new team. What was the bloke expecting? Peak Davids?

No - but using age as an excuse is a bit weak - this is a league that an older Kuyt walked into and led an unfancied Feyenoord side to the title a few years back - with a hat trick on the final day.

They know a bit about quality.

17 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

umMYB9u0rpJyE.gif