You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, No2 said:

Gnasher she only joined the EU commission 3 years after the UK voted to leave. I'd describe her interactions with you as minimal. Saying she technically spoke for you is stretching even your credibility. 

OK if you insist on being pedantic and acting the smart arse I'm glad that as we are no longer in the EU, Von der Leyen does not speak for me. 

38 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

OK if you insist on being pedantic and acting the smart arse I'm glad that as we are no longer in the EU, Von der Leyen does not speak for me. 

It's not smart at all, she never represented you. Just like her replacement won't represent you either.

She represents me as an EU citizen, but she's just a symbol, has no real power, no impact on anything that lands on my doorstep. She's a cunt, the person after her will be a cunt and the person before her was a cunt to. Its a common theme. Macron is a cunt. Trump is a cunt. Biden is a cunt. Johnson, May, Sunak, Blair, Cameron, all cunts. I happen to think that more cunts holding one cunt accountable is better than one cunt having free reign. Evidence of which is probably on your telly right now.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

It's not smart at all, she never represented you. Just like her replacement won't represent you either.

She represents me as an EU citizen, but she's just a symbol, has no real power, no impact on anything that lands on my doorstep. She's a cunt, the person after her will be a cunt and the person before her was a cunt to. Its a common theme. Macron is a cunt. Trump is a cunt. Biden is a cunt. Johnson, May, Sunak, Blair, Cameron, all cunts. I happen to think that more cunts holding one cunt accountable is better than one cunt having free reign. Evidence of which is probably on your telly right now.

Thanks for the rundown on the powers of Miss Von der Leyens although their really was no need. 

I'd you truly believe having more "cunts' equals more accountability I'd suggest the families of the 300,000 deaths from austerity measures mighf think otherwise. As those deaths occured whilst we were a member of the EU the friends and families may wonder where your "accountability" bollocks was. Maybe they took the decade off?  Or it'd be more accurate to say they clapped along.  

As for the Covid enquiry, we are watching 'accountability' and his actions cost him his job 

3 hours ago, bossy said:

I’ll only believe that when you post someone’s tweet.  Like the one above where she says her grandma shook Hitler’s hand and so wouldn’t wash hers. Even though it’s a load of bollocks. 

It's Norman Finkelstein. He's taking the piss out of Von der Leyen and the Nazi's. 

Jesus Christ  I'm sure as a Jewish academic whose mother was a Holocaust survivor he'd appreciate a rap on the knuckles by a fella on a football forum.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

It's Norman Finkelstein. He's taking the piss out of Von der Leyen and the Nazi's. 

Jesus Christ  I'm sure as a Jewish academic whose mother was a Holocaust survivor he'd appreciate a rap on the knuckles by a fella on a football forum.

So, he’s comparing her to the Nazis? Kinnel.

35 minutes ago, bossy said:

So, he’s comparing her to the Nazis? Kinnel.

The mans entitled to compere her with anything. Agree with him or not Finkelstein is one of the most prominent historical writers on recent Jewish political affairs. 

It's not me who should do the 'background check' on tweets posted, it's you. Finkelstein should be free to post what the fuck he likes regarding Von der Leyen and Nazis.

I'm sure she'd sue him if what he posts breeches any laws or rules.. My guess is she won't. 

7 hours ago, bossy said:

I’ll only believe that when you post someone’s tweet.  Like the one above where she says her grandma shook Hitler’s hand and so wouldn’t wash hers. Even though it’s a load of bollocks. 

Anyway if you're another' member of the internet truther squad what makes you so certain the content in Finkelsteins tweet is not true? 

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

The mans entitled to compere her with anything. Agree with him or not Finkelstein is one of the most prominent historical writers on recent Jewish political affairs. 

It's not me who should do the 'background check' on tweets posted, it's you. Finkelstein should be free to post what the fuck he likes regarding Von der Leyen and Nazis.

I'm sure she'd sue him if what he posts breeches any laws or rules.. My guess is she won't. 

Listen you head the ball, I was having a go at you posting no context shite to continue your never ending refusal to accept that the EU has not made Britain shite. We’ve done it ourselves. You’re fucking Rik from the Young Ones writ large.  

15 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Anyway if you're another' member of the internet truther squad what makes you so certain the content in Finkelsteins tweet is not true? 

I’ll do what you do and say I’m busy and will come back to this later, and like you, I won’t. 

1 hour ago, bossy said:

Listen you head the ball, I was having a go at you posting no context shite to continue your never ending refusal to accept that the EU has not made Britain shite. We’ve done it ourselves. You’re fucking Rik from the Young Ones writ large.  

But you didn't. You said the tweet I posted was false;. I let it go but then you kept on repeating the lie. 

So now I'm asking why you called one of the most prominent Israeli/American Jewish authors and commentators a liar?  See you're not having a go at me for the gallery here you're having a go at the person who's tweet I put up.

You're the person shouting about internet untruths. I'm sure you'd like to clarify this one as you've thrown the accusation at someone else. Go on, what's untrue about Finkelsteins tweet? If not who the fuck do you think you are to question him. Both his parents survived the Holocaust.

So if you really believe Finkelsteins tweet is untrue can you show some evidence?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Finkelstein

Weird how people are prepared to make a total cunt out of themselves defending these politicians. Fucking mental 

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, bossy said:

Honest question  When you posted this did you know who Norman Finkelstein was? 

I'm genuinely curious.

47 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

But you didn't. You said the tweet I posted was false;. I let it go but then you kept on repeating the lie. 

So now I'm asking why you called one of the most prominent Israeli/American Jewish authors and commentators a liar?  See you're not having a go at me for the gallery here you're having a go at the person who's tweet I put up.

You're the person shouting about internet untruths. I'm sure you'd like to clarify this one as you've thrown the accusation at someone else. Go on, what's untrue about Finkelsteins tweet? If not who the fuck do you think you are to question him. Both his parents survived the Holocaust.

So if you really believe Finkelsteins tweet is untrue can you show some evidence?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Finkelstein

Weird how people are prepared to make a total cunt out of themselves defending these politicians. Fucking mental 

I’m not defending the politician you whopper.

9 hours ago, bossy said:

I did once I followed the tweet and looked him up.

IMG_2585.jpeg

That's Fetter lit is a bit of an intresting account you've put your faith into there. 130 followers and some rather dubious likes and retweets in the English content.

I'd rather listen to Finkelstein tbh even though if what that Crank you posted above is correct I'm sure Ursula will be dragging Finkelsteins balls through the defamation courts shortly.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

That's Fetter lit is a bit of an intresting account you've put your faith into there. 130 followers and some rather dubious likes and retweets in the English content.

I'd rather listen to Finkelstein tbh even though if what that Crank you posted above is correct I'm sure Ursula will be dragging Finkelsteins balls through the defamation courts shortly.

Why not go and do a reverse google image search and satisfy yourself?
I bet she won’t regardless. 

2 hours ago, bossy said:

Why not go and do a reverse google image search and satisfy yourself?
I bet she won’t regardless. 

Nah I'll take the word of that fella you posted who posts jokes taking the piss out of Muslims and retweets shit from the idiot on GBnews.

I'll agree with you on her not taking Finkelstein to court over the skeletons in the closet regarding her family background.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Nah I'll take the word of that fella you posted who posts jokes taking the piss out of Muslims and retweets shit from the idiot on GBnews.

I'll agree with you on her not taking Finkelstein to court over the skeletons in the closet regarding her family background.

Just because someone is a cunt doesn’t mean they aren’t ever correct. Just because someone is an intellectual and sympathetic towards the Charlie Hebdo murderers doesn’t mean they are always correct.

Justin Madders, the shadow minister for employment rights, said: “This government rebuffed Labour’s efforts to protect paid holidays. They’ve well and truly shattered their manifesto promise to level up rights at work. Labour’s New Deal is our plan to make work pay, ensuring a high-growth, high-wage economy, underpinned by job security and strong rights at work.”

Labour officials could not guarantee, however, that they would overturn the change if they won the next election.

Well then what fucking good are you?

(Is what I'd be asking if I lived in the UK and had a vote in your upcoming election.)

23 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Well then what fucking good are you?

(Is what I'd be asking if I lived in the UK and had a vote in your upcoming election.)

It's so cowardly. In a reverse situation, the Tories would be crowing about how they're going to scratch the policy.

3 minutes ago, skend04 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/09/uk-voters-want-closer-relationship-with-eu-in-significant-shift-since-brexit

Kinda puts that piece by the hack Larry Elliott in perspective. The Brits opinions are evolving all the time towards wanting better relations with the EU across a broad range of subjects. 

Elliott's a fucking embarrassment. He supported Brexit and pens the odd passive-aggressive article (usually with comments turned off) trying to justify his increasingly ridiculous stance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2023 at 12:13, Gnasher said:

An excellent summary of the horror show at the head of the EU.

I'm glad she no longer acts or speaks for me. 

She acted or spoke for you for two months.

Meanwhile, Boris Johnson, Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak have been acting and speaking for you.