You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

I really don't see the fuss with Delph. He's got good physical attributes but is totally brainless with the ball. Villa are well rid off him IMO. 

£22M for Pedro is a good price. I would have preferred Pedro for £22M (assuming he'd come) than Benteke for £32M. Wonder if we have enough money left over to buy Pedro?

I really don't see the fuss with Delph. He's got good physical attributes but is totally brainless with the ball. Villa are well rid off him IMO. 

£22M for Pedro is a good price. I would have preferred Pedro for £22M (assuming he'd come) than Benteke for £32M. Wonder if we have enough money left over to buy Pedro?

He wouldn't choose Us over Chelsea or Utd.

While I wouldn't have wanted us to sign delph, he is adequate enough for a mid table team. They will struggle to replace him for 8m in this country I think.

But fucked off that city have a clear run at Patrick Roberts. Has huge potential.

He's a good player but we have Ojo Kent Wilson Canos and Ibe who play in the same position and Roberts is not much better than any of them. 

• Upvote 1

While I wouldn't have wanted us to sign delph, he is adequate enough for a mid table team. They will struggle to replace him for 8m in this country I think.

If they're sensible they won't try. Go and get £8m worth of La Liga or Bundesliga midfielder.

My dad is a Villa fan, so I rang and asked him what he thought Benteke would be like for us.

'I hope he gets 30 goals for you this season, but I think he'll be shit. His best form for Villa was when they were just continually smashing the ball up to him. Otherwise, he can go missing in games and you can just forget he's on the pitch a lot of the time.'

...Fuck you, dad.

• Upvote 2

Still need a holding midfielder. If we bring in Illarimendi as well as Benteke then I think we have had a very good summer. If we go into the season with Lucas as our main DM we are fucked.

DM? We don't need no stinking DM.

Still need a holding midfielder. If we bring in Illarimendi as well as Benteke then I think we have had a very good summer. If we go into the season with Lucas as our main DM we are fucked.

So your saying the signing of Illeramendi is the defining moment of us having a very good summer or us being fucked. A bit dramatic.

We don't need no DM, DM are for wimps, we will have wingers for fullbacks, 3 attacking midfielders and 3 strikers.

And Origi will be playing in goal