You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "Does anyone remember this?" Thread

Paulie Dangerously

I used to love Oink. No fucker remembers it! I remember there was a free gift with the first issue - a floppy record. One of the songs went 'Poo poo tinkle tinkle parp parp oink". Nearly 30 years on I can still sing it all the way through. Ace memories!

"Sing" it. Riiiight.

• Upvote 1

That's the one Furmedge. red4life isn't the lad that was in Goin Off Big Time as well was he?

Kevin Knapman?

Nah not him. Our kev (reds4life) I think was uncredited in the film but carved out a successful career on an Australian sky 1 show called Hey Dad playing a paper boy and guest spotted on the Oz version of Double Dare, sadly without Peter Simon. He's available for birthdays and bar mitzvahs.

Ooooh anyone remember chocky. I can't remember what the fuck it was about just the credits and the spinning thingymajig.

I had a pretend imaginary friend called choccy after this programme. Not a real imaginary friend mind, but me mate had an imaginary friend so I pretended to have one and named it choccy after this static analog waveform type thing.

Also had a tomytronic 3d as per below, must have set me da back about 30 quid which seemed like fuckloads back in the early 80s when yer were on the dole.

Posted Image

We used to call my Nan Zelda, she was the fucking spit of her. I feel a bit shitty now looking back to 1985, I didn't realise she was actually dying of cancer at the time.

we used to call my nan zelda as well. Called my uncle yung star too, which we still do despite him being nearly 70.

We also called my nan wolfienan as we saw her with a brown dressing gown on one night and me and my cousin convinced ourselves it was wolf skin and she was a werewolf.

• Upvote 1