You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Destiny

Reacher

Guest Super Sub

Is this game any good? I am thinking about buying it in a couple of months once I have worked my way through my current collection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Super Sub

I have been playing this game and have got myself to level 19 however I have a couple of questions.

Firstly is a weapon that has low impact but a high fire rate a better weapon than one that has a high impact but low fire rate?

Secondly I seem to have completed all the missions and only seem to have the PvP missions left, is this what the remainder of the game consists of and how easy is it to level up to 30 (presuming 30 is the highest you can get to without the expansion)

Guest Super Sub

Can someone also please explain how on earth can people who are on level 4manage to get top scores in the PvP mode? Fuck I am lucky to kill one person.

Can someone also please explain how on earth can people who are on level 4manage to get top scores in the PvP mode? Fuck I am lucky to kill one person.

The PVP mode is levelled out so players have equal chance of killing each other and better weapons and armour help a bit. The have a mode called Iron banner than takes your ranking into account.

I have been playing this game and have got myself to level 19 however I have a couple of questions.

Firstly is a weapon that has low impact but a high fire rate a better weapon than one that has a high impact but low fire rate?

Secondly I seem to have completed all the missions and only seem to have the PvP missions left, is this what the remainder of the game consists of and how easy is it to level up to 30 (presuming 30 is the highest you can get to without the expansion)

No, it's not easy. The rest of the game consists of patrolling, strikes, raids and PvP. You have to play a lot to get good gear and level up (as it's not XP based after 20). It really comes down to whether you enjoy the game for what it is and want to carry on.

Guest Super Sub

No, it's not easy. The rest of the game consists of patrolling, strikes, raids and PvP. You have to play a lot to get good gear and level up (as it's not XP based after 20). It really comes down to whether you enjoy the game for what it is and want to carry on.

Thanks but what about the weapons?

After level 20 you'll be able to use everything you get, but it takes time to get the ideal setup. Random drops or a long grind to get the relevant reputation (and marks) to buy what you want.

You should be able to get kitted out with good standard blue stuff quite quickly though. 

Regarding relative attributes of weapons, depends on your preference. I prefer scout rifles so would always go for impact and stability over rate, but I know others who prefer the opposite.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For £15 I think I'll jump back in. I traded it in before I got to the Raid, but at that price I don't mind.

Hopefully the DLC will be on offer at some point too.

Not sure if it will, after the first 2 pieces they have announced they are meant to be doing another massive expansion pack around September followed by 2 smaller ones like the one they have released before they release Destiny 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone been on the new DLC yet? 

Yeah, it's pretty good. New bounties are only weekly instead of daily. The Prison Of Elders is a good concept but procuring Treasure Keys is an absolute pain in the arse and the rewards system is a load of bollocks.