You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

I hate to say I had to create an account to say this but believe it or not, Suarez is gone, can everyone please get the fuck over it. I enjoyed lurking this forum until it became a 'nothing but Suarez is good enough' circle jerk.

Not only are we constantly reminded Suarez 'was in the top three, if not the best, football players in the world last season' but that we somehow MUST replace him. Believe it or not gents, replacing one of the top three players in the world is no easy feat, certainly not a problem solved overnight.

Personally im more optimistic than I have been in many a season for the future of Liverpool Football Club. This is the season we prove we are more than a one man team. The season players such as Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho and Henderson step out from the huge shadow cast by Suarez and create their own mark in our great history. We have some of the brightest young attack minded players in the game coupled with the one of the brightest young attack minded managers in the game. I can't fucking wait

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 1

Iker fucking Munain is just sat at home reading this, looking at his , feet, reading again, taking a sip of his sangria, rubbing his calf, reading more, shaking his head. "I can be the answer to all your dreams gentlemen and nightcat" in spanish.

Anyone live near brendan rodgers? Knock on and remind him of this fucking gem of a player who is perfect for what we need. Him moreno and alonso. A new spanish revolution.

Fuck lavezzi

I hate to say I had to create an account to say this but believe it or not, Suarez is gone, can everyone please get the fuck over it. I enjoyed lurking this forum until it became a 'nothing but Suarez is good enough' circle jerk.

Not only are we constantly reminded Suarez 'was in the top three, if not the best, football players in the world last season' but that we somehow MUST replace him. Believe it or not gents, replacing one of the top three players in the world is no easy feat, certainly not a problem solved overnight.

Personally im more optimistic than I have been in many a season for the future of Liverpool Football Club. This is the season we prove we are more than a one man team. The season players such as Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho and Henderson step out from the huge shadow cast by Suarez and create their own mark in our great history. We have some of the brightest young attack minded players in the game coupled with the one of the brightest young attack minded managers in the game. I can't fucking wait

Another bloody sky generation super fan stuck in the past.

This is the season we prove we are more than a one man team. The season players such as Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho and Henderson step out from the huge shadow cast by Suarez and create their own mark in our great history. We have some of the brightest young attack minded players in the game coupled with the one of the brightest young attack minded managers in the game. I can't fucking wait

Welcome. I don't think we were a one man team or need to prove we weren't. I think most players like those mentioned had good seasons precisely because Suarez demanded that everyone else raise their levels and made it easier for them to concentrate on their own role for the team. I don't see having players of Suarez's level overshades developing youngsters, I see it as a benefit.

• Upvote 1

Reus won't join us as much as I want it to happen. He has his pick of clubs and we are not quite there yet in terms of attracting the best talent.

You're probably right but it'd be worth a try anyway and even if it's just a 1 or 2 year rental we'd probably make a profit and no one will give a shit if he helps us win things.

That fucking spambot is infiltrating existing threads as well now.

Sort it out, Dave.

Guest davelfc

That fucking spambot is infiltrating existing threads as well now.

Sort it out, Dave.

No leave it alone, it's making more sense than most of us.

• Upvote 3

You're probably right but it'd be worth a try anyway and even if it's just a 1 or 2 year rental we'd probably make a profit and no one will give a shit if he helps us win things.

Yeah there is no harm in trying. We should definitely be putting out the feelers.

Thing is I think most players would just see us a stepping stone right now. But would the likes of reus see us as real step up from where he is now?

Yea I get what you're saying. My opinion is that unfortunately without an extremely wealthy sugar daddy owner (or group obviously) or a really maginificient season such as a league and CL double, or one of those and very close in the other, we're going to have to take our time in getting our reputation back to where people feel like coming to Liverpool is basically a guarantee of some sort of success.

Welcome. I don't think we were a one man team or need to prove we weren't. I think most players like those mentioned had good seasons precisely because Suarez demanded that everyone else raise their levels and made it easier for them to concentrate on their own role for the team. I don't see having players of Suarez's level overshades developing youngsters, I see it as a benefit.

Very true. Maybe I used the term overshadowed a bit loosely. There's no denying Suarez was our greatest asset last season and most certainly pushed our team to play to a higher level, especially the youngsters. At the same time I feel at points last season there was definitely a reliance/expectation on Suarez to create something and with him gone there can be no excuses. Now is the time for our players to step up to the plate and perform. Like I say, I'm optimistic, and I believe they will.