You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

A mate who seems to have his ear to the ground and has been right about a few things before they became open knowledge told me that the Moreno deal has gone a bit tits up and it isn't the cert that it was a few days ago.

Whether that's good old Ian fucking up a dead cert by getting on the ale and sangria in Seville, or whether Aspas has been acting the knobhead, or Moreno is having cold feet about leaving Spain, I don't know, but my mate said it's gone from a dead cert to around 50-50.

how long did it take him to get up off the floor and tell you that? 3 weeks? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lots of people really starting to believe the talk of Falcao coming to Liverpool.

Although I don't want Bony coming to us, in a way i would feel a bit sorry for him if it turned out we were signing him and not Falcao, the mass shoulder shrugging, tutting and the meh feeling that would greet his arrival would hardly encourage him.

Don't think Bony is coming here anyway....Spurs are after him, and we all know what happens when we tangle with that shower in a transfer battle. They get the player, their fans point and laugh at us..then the player turns out to be shite for them.

Two posts by Mitch and he speaks sense - He is way to good for most of us

He's the hero this forum deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it.

Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.

Suarez's hearing on Friday.  Looking forward to his club ban being overturned/dramatically reduced.

At a guess, I'd say they'll suspend one month of it or something similar, so he'l rturn at the end of September.  I can honestly say though that I couldn’t care less what happens.  It’s clear now that he was going regardless of the latest bite, and the fact he’s not in our league means they can remove the ban entirely and I wouldn’t care.  And yes, I include the chance that we could get them in the CL.  If we draw them I’d want him playing.  

If Suarez's ban was overturned, do you think Uruguay would be in a position to kick up a real stink about him missing their game against Columbia?

I think Uruguay are SOL altogether on questioning whatever CAS decide, because the player was representing and away with them at the time, let alone their laughable actions afterwards being a contributory factor in the size of his ban.  It will raise my eyebrows a little if his ban is reduced for Barca as I don't think for a second it would have been for us, we're not the worldwide darlings of the game, but the principle remains the same for me; his club shouldn't carry the can here anymore than Uruguay should have when he bit Ivanovic.

At a guess, I'd say they'll suspend one month of it or something similar, so he'l rturn at the end of September.  I can honestly say though that I couldn’t care less what happens.  It’s clear now that he was going regardless of the latest bite, and the fact he’s not in our league means they can remove the ban entirely and I wouldn’t care.  And yes, I include the chance that we could get them in the CL.  If we draw them I’d want him playing.  

Fair enough.  It's more to do with it happening while we're still trying to replace* him.  If we sign Falcao how much I care will be reduced to nil, if we sign Bony to about 33% and if we press ahead with only Borini in his place then it will top a whopping 60%.

Agree he was off anyway, I'm just feeling a touch sorry for myself and being a cocksnuffler.  I have my bad points as well though.

* Yes, I did use that word.

• Upvote 1

If Sturridge stays fit he can be the league’s top scorer next year. I’d love to see Coutinho in behind him with Markovic and Sterling either side. Gerrard and Henderson in midfield. So many goals in that front 4 mainly via Sturridge but with them 3 creating the magic. Honestly reckon we will see Coutinho and Sterling become world class next season. 

I don't think Falcao is that good. Or Cavani. Lookalike expensive bastards. 

Guest davelfc

Barret says we enquired about Falcao and learned that he's off to Real Madrid.

Top-class enquiry, that. Who should we enquire about next?

He failed the enquiry, it's the new 'medical'

• Upvote 3

Err yeah, any chance if Falcao?

Off to Madrid lad

Sorry mate, nice one

More like:

"Hello, Ian Ayre here. Just wondering how Rady's doing?"

"Very well, thanks for asking. Looking forward to his move to Real Madrid."

"Yeah, heard about that. Good luck to him and pass on my regards."

"I would, but he's never heard of you."

"Just tell him it's the guy from the embarrassing photo with Robbie Fowler."

"Ok..."