You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

44 minutes ago, Mook said:

I don't get it with Mindhunter at all, watched the first episode of the second series & it was more of the same, utterly, utterly tedious.

The two main guys in it combined have less charisma than a table leg. Seriously boring bastards.

One thing that really bugs me is how it's set in the late 70s or thereabouts & half the people in it look like they've walked out an office in 2019, it's so half arsed.

1/10 for that episode, I won't be watching any more of it.

Totally agree. Hugely overrated, apart  from a few high spots.

The best part of the whole first series was when the bloke blew himself  to bits before the opening credits rolled in episode  1.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Totally agree. Hugely overrated, apart  from a few high spots.

The best part of the whole first series was when the bloke blew himself  to bits before the opening credits rolled in episode  1.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I don't get it with Mindhunter at all, watched the first episode of the second series & it was more of the same, utterly, utterly tedious.

The two main guys in it combined have less charisma than a table leg. Seriously boring bastards.

One thing that really bugs me is how it's set in the late 70s or thereabouts & half the people in it look like they've walked out an office in 2019, it's so half arsed.

Tough crowd.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

You aren't interested in a drama based on the origins of social behaviour and its profiling some of the most evil people on the planet and helping bring more of the to justice,based on previous evil cunts exhibiting similar behaviour? I am fascinated by this and my criticism is that not enough of the science and psychology is touched upon.

Been at home the last couple of days a bit off colour so been binge watching a bit. Maybe my marks are a bit based off feeling like shit. 

The Family on Netflix. Loads on here said it was good, but I didn't really get it. There are weird religious types lobbying and influencing the very top of American politics and as a result, have a global reach. Is this new news? It's something I always thought was going on and I'm sure they're not unique, in fact they seemed less influencial than i imagined. I watched it all in the hope of some amazing stuff later on, but it just didn't do it for me. 3/10. 

Resumed GLOW in season 2. I'm up to episode 8. It's very watchable when you've not got much of an attention span and Alison brie and her side kick see pleasant on the eye. But mostly it's pretty crap I think. 5/10. 

finally, I made a start on "on becoming a god in Florida". I watched the opening 2 episodes and I quite like it. Made easier with having Kirsten dunst in the lead role. I think it would suit being 30 min episodes rather than 40, but I'm hoping it'll change as it goes on and grows into those longer episodes. 7/10. 

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Been at home the last couple of days a bit off colour so been binge watching a bit. Maybe my marks are a bit based off feeling like shit. 

The Family on Netflix. Loads on here said it was good, but I didn't really get it. There are weird religious types lobbying and influencing the very top of American politics and as a result, have a global reach. Is this new news? It's something I always thought was going on and I'm sure they're not unique, in fact they seemed less influencial than i imagined. I watched it all in the hope of some amazing stuff later on, but it just didn't do it for me. 3/10. 

Resumed GLOW in season 2. I'm up to episode 8. It's very watchable when you've not got much of an attention span and Alison brie and her side kick see pleasant on the eye. But mostly it's pretty crap I think. 5/10. 

finally, I made a start on "on becoming a god in Florida". I watched the opening 2 episodes and I quite like it. Made easier with having Kirsten dunst in the lead role. I think it would suit being 30 min episodes rather than 40, but I'm hoping it'll change as it goes on and grows into those longer episodes. 7/10. 

Maybe you'd enjoy TV more if you stuck to good shows.

• Upvote 2

Mindhunter series 2 is very much like series 1 imo, once you get past the novelty of having infamous serial killers brought to life in glorious Technicolor, there really isn't a whole lot there.

In the first episode new FBI Chief Gunn tells the team that they've now got the full backing of the FBI brass but that faith must be repaid by results. Well it's not until the final episode until anyone gets their collar felt and even then it's only a  partial success.

The story arcs with Wendy and the barmaid, and with Tench and his creepy son are both utterly pointless and tedious, detracting mightily from the main story.

Lots of style, modest substance, Wendy is fit as fuck.

Mindhunter fancies itself as (the overrated) True Detective but, despite the bells and whistles, falls short. Enjoyed it but frustrated by it, definitely a missed opportunity and hugely overrated.

6/10

On 12/08/2019 at 18:08, Chip Butty said:

Nowhere near as bad Karl Urban's, English/Ozzy/Kiwi/Dick-Van-Dyke, accent. 

Bar the accent, great show and Homelander was a brilliant massive cunt. 

I disagree. Urban's accent is so incredibly shite it is stupifyingly brilliant. It takes on a life of its own, just like Homelander's wig.

You cunt / twat / wanker.

6 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Mindhunter series 2 is very much like series 1 imo, once you get past the novelty of having infamous serial killers brought to life in glorious Technicolor, there really isn't a whole lot there.

In the first episode new FBI Chief Gunn tells the team that they've now got the full backing of the FBI brass but that faith must be repaid by results. Well it's not until the final episode until anyone gets their collar felt and even then it's only a  partial success.

The story arcs with Wendy and the barmaid, and with Tench and his creepy son are both utterly pointless and tedious, detracting mightily from the main story.

Lots of style, modest substance, Wendy is fit as fuck.

Mindhunter fancies itself as (the overrated) True Detective but, despite the bells and whistles, falls short. Enjoyed it but frustrated by it, definitely a missed opportunity and hugely overrated.

6/10

They are obviously stretching it out and its loosely based on true events so a little bit restricted in that respect. I like the way other characters have tried to be given substance but simply not enough of the actual science and methodology for me,more focused on the people and politics.

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

They are obviously stretching it out and its loosely based on true events so a little bit restricted in that respect. I like the way other characters have tried to be given substance but simply not enough of the actual science and methodology for me,more focused on the people and politics.

Yup, I agree with that.

Although at it's heart, Mindhunter purports to be a show about groundbreaking science and detective innovation, but it's really just pulp fiction murder mystery, devoid of much suspense and character.

Even though series 1 was understandably more focussed on the profiling element itself, Mindhunter just fails to capitalise on a rich and abundant subject matter. I keep saying, hugely overrated.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Yup, I agree with that.

Although at it's heart, Mindhunter purports to be a show about groundbreaking science and detective innovation, but it's really just pulp fiction murder mystery, devoid of much suspense and character.

Even though series 1 was understandably more focussed on the profiling element itself, Mindhunter just fails to capitalise on a rich and abundant subject matter. I keep saying, hugely overrated.

Hard to disagree with that. A 6 or 7 out of ten series which could easily be an 8.5 to 9.5 series.

11 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

you make a good point, but i am a bit short on good shows at the moment. i have rewatching boardwalk empire, but i don't really like going back too much, i have done that with very few shows. 

Series 3 of BE with Gyp Rosetti is one of the greatest series of tv ever, and Jimmy's Ma is gorgeous.

7 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

you make a good point, but i am a bit short on good shows at the moment. i have rewatching boardwalk empire, but i don't really like going back too much, i have done that with very few shows. 

Loads of good shows out recently

Good Omens

The Boys

Wu Assasins

City on a hill

Year of the rabbit

Warrior

Catch-22

The righteous gemstones (only watched the first one but it looks good)

Mr Inbetween

N0S4A2

What we do in the shadows

Swamp Thing

Doom Patrol

Condor

The umbrella academy

Castle Rock

Loads of new seasons of good shows too. Billions, Cobra Kai, The Terror, Succession, Strike Back, Line of duty, Killing Eve, Star Trek Discovery, Jack Ryan coming soon, Brockmire, Barry, Archer, Mindhunter, Preacher, Black Mirror, Narcos. New season of Titans and Carnival Row out in the next couple of weeks.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Series 3 of BE with Gyp Rosetti is one of the greatest series of tv ever, and Jimmy's Ma is gorgeous.

Yeah, I love Jimmy's ma. 

26 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Loads of good shows out recently

Good Omens

The Boys

Wu Assasins

City on a hill

Year of the rabbit

Warrior

Catch-22

The righteous gemstones (only watched the first one but it looks good)

Mr Inbetween

N0S4A2

What we do in the shadows

Swamp Thing

Doom Patrol

Condor

The umbrella academy

Castle Rock

Loads of new seasons of good shows too. Billions, Cobra Kai, The Terror, Succession, Strike Back, Line of duty, Killing Eve, Star Trek Discovery, Jack Ryan coming soon, Brockmire, Barry, Archer, Mindhunter, Preacher, Black Mirror, Narcos. New season of Titans and Carnival Row out in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers. I've watched a few of them you've listed and there's a few I looked at the synopsis and they didn't grab me. There's still some I've not heard of though, so I may take a look.