You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Dopesick. 8/10. 4 of 8 episodes done.

The Opioid crisis in America, good cast with Michael Keaton sure to win best actor at one of the many award shows 

Summary, How the rich few don't give a shit about human life as long as they make the Yankee dollars and politicians who also don't give a shit about human life as long as they join the rich crew.

Absolutely grim how this drug got passed. Decent people felt no pain but got a drug addiction. Opioid are up there with asbestos.

Really good watch 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

The Opioid crisis in America, good cast with Michael Keaton sure to win best actor at one of the many award shows 

Summary, How the rich few don't give a shit about human life as long as they make the Yankee dollars and politicians who also don't give a shit about human life as long as they join the rich crew.

Absolutely grim how this drug got passed. Decent people felt no pain but got a drug addiction. Opioid are up there with asbestos.

Really good watch 

I got around to watching this just this week and thought it was brilliant. As you say Michael Keaton is ace and the actress Kaitlyn Dever was great too.

Quality 8/10

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

I got around to watching this just this week and thought it was brilliant. As you say Michael Keaton is ace and the actress Kaitlyn Dever was great too.

Quality 8/10

Never really liked Keaton but found him very believable in this.

FDA had a lot to answer for, corrupted fuckas!

2 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Never really liked Keaton but found him very believable in this.

FDA had a lot to answer for, corrupted fuckas!

I had the book Empire of Pain: The Secret History of the Sackler Dynasty,” by journalist Patrick Radden Keefe on audiobook. It covers the rise of the Sackler dynasty and the subsequent fall from grace. They’d pulled a similar trick with diazepam or Valium in the 60s. Thought this series was just based on that but there’s a book Dopesick that is the source material. 

1 hour ago, Kepler-186 said:

I had the book Empire of Pain: The Secret History of the Sackler Dynasty,” by journalist Patrick Radden Keefe on audiobook. It covers the rise of the Sackler dynasty and the subsequent fall from grace. They’d pulled a similar trick with diazepam or Valium in the 60s. Thought this series was just based on that but there’s a book Dopesick that is the source material. 

Thanks for that, I will have a look.

On 10/08/2023 at 17:45, Elite said:

Just watched the first episode of 'How to with John Wilson'. Bit of a Louis Theroux/Sacha Baron Cohen mash up of talking to different people in different situations, whilst he's in character. Really enjoyed the first one, funny in places but also quite heartwarming, especially the lad at the end of episode, who appeared to be a nice lad trying too hard to fit in with the spring break crowd.

Just watched the first season. Took a while to get going imo but grows in stature. The ‘furniture covering’ episode is something. 8/10. 

On 10/08/2023 at 12:18, No2 said:

Finished Atlanta, took me about a year.

7.5 /10.

I reckon when I watch it again it will be 9/10. I treated it as a casual easy watch but it's way beyond that, some of the episodes are incredible. 

I think it’s wonderful. 9/10.

The Europe season is a headfuck and essentially a different show from seasons 1, 2 and 4 but some episodes across the run (Teddy Perkins, barbershop,  the black adverts, Earn’s attempt at revenge) are superb. As is the Liam Neeson cameo.

• Upvote 1

On 20/08/2023 at 09:31, DalyanPete said:

Really good watch 

There's a new show on Netflix called Painkiller with Matthew Broderick in the lead role - well the richard sackler role. it was good too, but not at the level of dopestick in acting and story line. it's worth a watch though. 

22 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

i might have it wrong, but i think the Painkiller story is based off that book and one other. 

46 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

There's a new show on Netflix called Painkiller with Matthew Broderick in the lead role - well the richard sackler role. it was good too, but not at the level of dopestick in acting and story line. it's worth a watch though. 

i might have it wrong, but i think the Painkiller story is based off that book and one other. 

Thanks mate. Will watch that Painkiller at some point. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

There's a new show on Netflix called Painkiller with Matthew Broderick in the lead role - well the richard sackler role. it was good too, but not at the level of dopestick in acting and story line. it's worth a watch though

Nice one Baz, will have a look when we've finished Dopesick. That's if I can get over the anger of what those twats did.

7 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Nice one Baz, will have a look when we've finished Dopesick. That's if I can get over the anger of what those twats did.

i think the netflix one has the ability to get you more mad. although that could be because i ironically watched dopestick when i was in hospital last year after an op and was fucking high on opiates! i did intend to watch it again at some point. 

• Upvote 1

I posted over in the Narcos thread that the US Supreme Court has recently ordered a reconsideration of the deal in which the Sackler's walked away scot-free with most of their money while dodging any civil liability.

I don't suppose any of them will ever go hungry, but it might be that their lawyers spend a lot of time in court trying to keep them from losing everything. Eventually.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

i think the netflix one has the ability to get you more mad. although that could be because i ironically watched dopestick when i was in hospital last year after an op and was fucking high on opiates! i did intend to watch it again at some point. 

It's not funny but the thought of you watching it while high made me smile!

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Brilliant series. Can't wait for series 3. That episode is exceptional though, the acting is superb especially from Jamie Lee Curtis. 

Yep, bought back the feeling of anxiousness that a lot of the first season episodes gave me. 

• Upvote 1