You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 31/01/2023 at 00:40, TD_LFC said:

And you know it's going to come from people who played it but are somehow still surprised that Bill is gay despite it being in the the game

As if by magic

Two grown men dressed as Knights go to great lengths to stress that it's not the fact that Bill and Frank were gay they have a problem with and then complain that Bella Ramsey doesn't play a fuckable enough 14 year old.

24 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think it's a bit disappointing myself.

I agree, the first season was really good if not a little implausible in places, so far the last three episodes have not really done much, like they have ran out of ideas. 

I'd by very surprised if it gets another season and not just for the reason of Jeremy Renner almost becoming human pancake.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I agree, the first season was really good if not a little implausible in places, so far the last three episodes have not really done much, like they have ran out of ideas. 

I'd by very surprised if it gets another season and not just for the reason of Jeremy Renner almost becoming human pancake.

Yeah. It's obviously something where you suspend belief a little but it's not stupidly far fetched. The first three episodes have left me feeling a bit 'meh' and I think it might be because of the female sex worker character in part. The Renner character's obsession over her is a bit of a silly distraction. 

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think it's a bit disappointing myself.

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

41 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah. It's obviously something where you suspend belief a little but it's not stupidly far fetched. The first three episodes have left me feeling a bit 'meh' and I think it might be because of the female sex worker character in part. The Renner character's obsession over her is a bit of a silly distraction. 

I really like it. You can tell just like series 1 that’s 2 is building up to something massive. Maybe I just have taste.

Stick to Lost. 

I’ve been watching a Dutch program called Klem (Blood Pact in English) on the Walter Presents section of the More4 app. 

A Dutch accountant is widowed. One of his daughters forms a friendship with another girl at school. Her father turns out to be a gangster who has just been released from prison for murdering a rival. He has people on his back for debts he owes and has dirty money he needs to clean. The two men’s paths cross via their daughters friendship. The gangster asks the accountant for help “cleaning” his dirty money. He’s reluctant at first but agrees to help after his daughter goes missing during a school activities weekend trip and the gangster finds her. 

From that point on, things start to spiral out of control and all sorts of violent, gangster related perils put both men at risk. 

It’s a bit silly in parts, but it’s a decent watch. 6.8 out of 10. 

It’s 3 series. I’m just finishing series 2. They’ve apparently made a supplementary feature length follow up too. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I’ve been watching a Dutch program called Klem (Blood Pact in English) on the Walter Presents section of the More4 app. 

A Dutch accountant is widowed. One of his daughters forms a friendship with another girl at school. Her father turns out to be a gangster who has just been released from prison for murdering a rival. He has people on his back for debts he owes and has dirty money he needs to clean. The two men’s paths cross via their daughters friendship. The gangster asks the accountant for help “cleaning” his dirty money. He’s reluctant at first but agrees to help after his daughter goes missing during a school activities weekend trip and the gangster finds her. 

From that point on, things start to spiral out of control and all sorts of violent, gangster related perils put both men at risk. 

It’s 3 series. I’m just finishing series 2. They’ve apparently made a supplementary feature length follow up too. 

Oh, and the actress who plays the gangster’s wife is kinda cute. 

D4B3F8EE-85ED-439F-AF81-A46C20F6366C.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nelly-Matip said:

de Ozark?

• Upvote 1

Slow Horses - Series 2

I really rather enjoyed it. Plot could be a bit more twisty (according to my missus it’s a bit different to the book) and you might want a bit more tension, but sometimes TV doesn’t have to try and be the best thing ever made or really pile on the drama.

Sometimes something watchable and a bit fun does the trick. Which is what this is. Gary Oldman is great fun too.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

Slow Horses - Series 2

I really rather enjoyed it. Plot could be a bit more twisty (according to my missus it’s a bit different to the book) and you might want a bit more tension, but sometimes TV doesn’t have to try and be the best thing ever made or really pile on the drama.

Sometimes something watchable and a bit fun does the trick. Which is what this is. Gary Oldman is great fun too.

It is simplified compared to the book. I don't think that's a bad thing though, the book was pretty confusing in parts, and also had some bizarre scenes involving River and an artillery range. Overall, it's one of the rare occasions where the adaptation is better than the source material.