You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Subtle signs that someone is probably a headcase

Section_31

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

People that go to a carvery/food type pub and order a curry.

I'm going out on Sunday day for a family birthday meal and it reminded my that my sister always does the above, probably never set foot in an Indian restaurant in her life but will order a bland, uninspiring microwaved tikka from the pub like the complete mentalist she is.

I said to her once she should try a proper curry but she doesn't like foreign food apparently. I blame the parents.

In my young and less sophisticated days we had a leaving do at an Indian restaurant. I perused the menu for ages then ordered a mushroom omelette.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Anyone who claims to be a fan of something but doesn't know anything about it. 

"I love star wars me, I dressed up as a stormtrooper at Llandudno comicon."

"What do you think of the Empire's 'human first' policy on the core worlds and how do you think Grand Admiral Thrawn reconciles it, given the fact he's a member of the Chiss Ascendancy?"

"Fuck you on about?"

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

"What do you think of the Empire's 'human first' policy on the core worlds and how do you think Grand Admiral Thrawn reconciles it, given the fact he's a member of the Chiss Ascendancy?"

"Fuck you on about?"

My brother in law does this, and travels by public transport to comicons dressed in a stormtrooper uniform.

We've not spoken in around 7 years. My wife and her sister completely understand.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

"Fuck you on about?"

I like the Laser swords.

Cans of goth juice often have me suspicious of people. The reason is that starting your day with all this sugar and caffeine will surely lead to ups and downs in your energy or mood. This will heighten any mental deficiencies 

The other sure sign of a lunatic is when they prefix their children's names with 'my'.  The next level of this is when they do the same for pets.  These people are not right

Not looking at you when they talk to you. We had a landscaper out recently who used to be a mental health nurse and he was odd as fuck. He'd talk to you side on and kept laughing a lot. He talked mostly about his love of amateur dramatics and never followed up with a quote. 

10 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Anyone who says 'you could get run over and killed by a bus tomorrow'.

I've got news for you headcase, I won't.

Refer also to people who say life is short.

I usually answer - Life’s short but the hours are long.

• Haha 1