You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Skrtel injured

Dracco

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dracco make sweet love to Martin arsehole... Dracco Smash.

I picture Dracco to look like Ivan Drago in drag with pictures of Skrtel all over the walls.

:drool:

I´d rather smash his wife to say the thruth mate.

I´ll leave Skrtel´s ass for someone else, and I don´t have a single picture of him, I should probably get some ;)

Å krtel je v nemilosti trénera, ale nechce zbytoÄné konflikty - Å port.sk

Skrtel speaks in Slovak media, about why is he thinks that he is not playin, and he thinks that there is not because of footbaling reason. He thinks that he knows why, but he does not want to talk about it now to make conflict inside the club.

He says that he thinks about one specific situation, that happened between the games against United and Norwich, but he thinks that it should not be discussed during season, and maybe when the season finishes he will speak about it. And Brendan directly told him that " he won´t play him in upcoming games".

Also that he does not want to leave and he will fight for his place, train hard and will see what happens, and will think about the departure only when manager says him straight that he does not want him. Until that he will support the team even without him, and it doesn´t matter if it will be from the bench, or from the stands.

Don´t have time to translate it all, maybe later......but....

I can´t remember the last time when moaning in press helped someone.....

Å*krtel je v nemilosti trénera, ale nechce zbytoÄné konflikty - Å*port.sk

Skrtel speaks in Slovak media, about why is he thinks that he is not playin, and he thinks that there is not because of footbaling reason. He thinks that he knows why, but he does not want to talk about it now to make conflict inside the club.

He says that he thinks about one specific situation, that happened between the games against United and Norwich, but he thinks that it should not be discussed during season, and maybe when the season finishes he will speak about it. And Brendan directly told him that " he won´t play him in upcoming games".

Also that he does not want to leave and he will fight for his place, train hard and will see what happens, and will think about the departure only when manager says him straight that he does not want him. Until that he will support the team even without him, and it doesn´t matter if it will be from the bench, or from the stands.

Don´t have time to translate it all, maybe later......but....

I can´t remember the last time when moaning in press helped someone.....

No worries, Brendan's mind games.

Skrtel will be back and playing as well as downing in no time.

Bit of translation from that article:

Why did you not start in Liverpool’s recent premier league games?

„That should be question for the manager. He selects team and players. At the moment I’m not in the starting eleven. I regret it but the manager made the decision and I have to respect that.“

Did Brendan Rodgers explain you why he decided to bench you? Do you talk to each other?

„We talk but it’s not ideal. He told me something, gave me some reason but it’s hard to say if if was the real reason. I don’t think it was, I think it’s something else. But I’m not that kind of player who keeps visiting manager, being in his office every day and finding out what’s going on and why I’m not playing. I have never done that and never will do so. If manager wants to talk he comes to me and we talk but I don’t come to him.“

The reason he told you was?

„It all happened after the Man Utd game in the middle of january. Previously we won twice, away at QPR 0:3 – and home with Sunderland, keeping two clean sheets. We lost in Manchester 1:2 though, but I think we played some great football in the second half particulary. What’s more many sources gave me good mark for my performance. Manager told me that he thinks we lost organistation in defence in last few games and because of that he will not play me in upcoming fixtures. I don’t know which games he was thinking about considering we managed to win last two games and kept clean sheet.“

So you think it’s not the real reason. What do you think it is then?

„I think it was affected by one situation but I don’t want to talk about it now. Maybe after the season but not right now. I don’t want to cause any conflicts, the most important thing is team success and I will cheer for my team whether it’s from the bench or stands.“

What’s next for you?

„Wait, that’s the only thing I can do right now. While I was fit I gave my best and did everything I could to prove manager that I belong here. I waited for my chance, one came in Petersburg but I didn’t play after that game. Unfortunately I’m injured now and we’ll see what happens when I’ll be fit.“

Wonder what he thinks it was? Carragher's contract situation?

3 posts above Walton Park wrote something that could be the reason. (City bid)

But on RAWK there was also information regarding City bid for him in January and FSG and Brendan wanted to cash in on him, but Skrtel refused-

Could be either, and also could be bull.

Guest ShoePiss
Or something to do with the links with City.

Maybe, thought that was in the summer though. Strange one and like TP says he has to be on his way out talking like that. I don't care how wronged he feels talking cryptically like this is nearly as unsettling as just coming out and saying it, some would say it's worse!

Maybe, thought that was in the summer though. Strange one and like TP says he has to be on his way out talking like that. I don't care how wronged he feels talking cryptically like this is nearly as unsettling as just coming out and saying it, some would say it's worse!

We'll all have to pretend he's shit. That's standard procedure isn't it?

Guest ShoePiss
We'll all have to pretend he's shit. That's standard procedure isn't it?

Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger and Skrtel are all shit. I've seen people on here say that at 1 point or another.

Rodgers hasn't got a fucking clue how to sort out a defence so just take turns blaming any of the above.

I like Skrtel, hope he doesn't move more so because I don't think we'd replace him wisely (Ashley Williams?! Get the fuck out of here with that idea) and Coates also seems to be out of favor and to be frank hasn't shown enough though in Coates' defense he hasn't had a run of games, maybe he'll get that now that Skrtel is injured but for the most part Carra has played very well so I'm not convinced he'll get a chance.

Honestly, I think the defensive issues are more down to Rodgers defensive ideas rather than the players, as we've seen the back four of Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, and Enrique perform quite well under other managers.

If we sell him I'd wish him well wherever he goes unless his club is playing us. Obviously the ideal replacement is Hummels but I doubt very much that we'd be able to afford him and the jury is out on whether or not he'd trade Dortmund for Liverpool.

Skrtel was excellent last year, no question and the credit for his improvement seemed to stem from his relationship with Steve Clarke. Whatever the reason, he became far more aggressive especially in the air and I don't think he's been that bad this season, there's others who have fucked up worse than him.

Didn't he call his son Matteo, presumably after our Dominic?

Anyway, hope he stays and fights for his place we already have to replace Carra and probably Coates so it would be some call to bring in 3 new centrebacks

The reason he told you was?

Manager told me that he thinks we lost organistation in defence in last few games and because of that he will not play me in upcoming fixtures. I don’t know which games he was thinking about considering we managed to win last two games and kept clean sheet.“

It's like the kids again isn't it. At this point, Skrtel's thinking, you tell me to go stand by the sideline and are giving me shit when the opposition pour through the middle. Right!

The idea that defensive organization has been "lost" is ace. It has not been here. Not even for a fleeting, jester hat wearing, camera phone waving visit.