You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres wants to come back. Do you?

WhiskeyJar

Torres wants to come back. Do you want him back?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Torres wants to come back. Do you want him back?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss

Is he saying that because he's sulking or does he actually want to come back? Inclined to believe it's more of a tantrum than a real desire to play for us again, why would he? There's hardly anything left from the time he was here and he must know that most fans wouldn't give him the steam of their piss these days.

All that said if he was available cheap then absolutely but he won't be.

I've actually watched Chelsea a lot and followed Torres closely as he is one of three strikers I have in my fantasy league team I do with eight mates.

He has been good and his performances have deserved more than the 14 goals he has scored for Chelsea so far this season.

just when I think you can't post an opinion that shocks me you manage to exceed yourself! I think he may now start scoring again on a decent basis but his all round play these days is absolutely woeful

I'd bid for him on deadline day then pull out at the last minute consigning him to another 6 months at Chelsea

Guest davelfc
I do miss the bounce. Ok, if chelsea cancelled his contract and paid him off for, say, 18 months, then sure. Otherwise, no.

Can we have the bounce back and leave him there?

No. Firstly because he's not very good secondly because he played with a tittylip for us for months until he got his own way and now he's unhappy I don't want us to be the ones who cheer him up. Go back to athletico end your career where you started and at least have the chance at legendary status somewhere, you could of had it here,

Went with cheese, whilst Torres was great for us most of his time here, he was never at the level of cheese in my opinion.

If he'd come back on reasonable wages and for less than what we signed him for originally (£10-£15m) then I'd take him back. Of course he'd need to know that he'll have to work for his place here, it wouldn't be a "dream reunion" where he comes back and all is forgiven. In any case I don't see him taking a significant paycut to play for us and I don't see Chelsea taking a £35-£40m loss on him either, especially to us. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to sell him to a rich russian club or a turkish club interested in the name more than the players form though.

No. Firstly because he's not very good secondly because he played with a tittylip for us for months until he got his own way and now he's unhappy I don't want us to be the ones who cheer him up. Go back to athletico end your career where you started and at least have the chance at legendary status somewhere, you could of had it here,

Indeed.

tumblr_mecffj69Wg1qfw2dno1_400.gif

I think he's lost a yard of pace, and that was what set him above your average striker.

He is a shadow of the player that seemed to bang hat tricks in for fun nearly every week.

Its because he has gained weight, with the right training he could easily get his pace back.

If he paid off his contract at Chelsea and accepted a modest wage I'd forgive him. I'm too keen to see him and Suarez play together to just snub it. I think they would be a force together.

What a waste that Chelsea move was, probably the worst career move in English football history since Gazza went to Italy. I don't even think those medals he won last season mean anything since he wasn't playing much of a part in winning them.