You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

That's why this drive to blame Kenny for our results this season isn't just a cunt's trick, it's completely unnecessary. It's looking for an answer to a problem that doesn't exist.

Brilliant that, Neil.

People claim to revere Dalglish and yet are so dismissive of him whilst doing their best to ignore the failures of those running the club.

It's mystifying.

Derp. You been on the sauce?

You don't know the terms of that contract. A 5 year contract with any transfer funds going towards paying off the interest on those massive debts we had. At what point in 2009 did H&G indicate they were on their way out?

Rafa was focused on coaching his team whilst his bosses were publicly courting Klinsmann, remember?

You are full of wrong, Xerxes.

I remember the Klinsmann saga well.

I also remember within a month of us getting cancer and aids,every other week Rafa was off to Madrid and then Juventus or Madrid.

Him and his agent playing silly buggers so he could get his own way.

Rafa knew in April 2010 the cunts were leaving us.

Theres something bugging me about his final season here.

He states that all he needed was two players to go for the league that season.

He said a forward as cover for Torres and a centeral defender as cover as well,he even mentioned them as Jovetic and one of Upson or Distin.

He says the money to buy them players was no longer there.

So how the hell did we buy Glen and Aquaman for a toal of around £35 million and why did he buy them when they dont play in the positions we neeed to fill.

Correct

We need to go back to our cavalry charge style of play, not these pass, pass, pass, one more pass oops, chance gone, tactics, and reiner has been disinterested since Torres left, plus its obvious heavy investment is needed, lack of this will prove to be ultimately, even more expensive, its time for the yanks to speculate or go.

So how the hell did we buy Glen and Aquaman for a toal of around £35 million and why did he buy them when they dont play in the positions we neeed to fill.

Rafa knew in April 2010? Can you substantiate this?

We sold Alonso & Arbeloa for 35m plus.

Nearly 3 years on and you're still focusing some of the blame on the then manager rather than focusing all of the blame on those who were doing the damage.

Unbelievable.

Edited by Coro

Where did he state this?

We had a deal in place for David Silva, also for Jovetic. Michael Turner was apparently set to replace Hyypia but we ended up with Kyrgiakos.

These were the expected signings to go with Johnson and Aquilani.

5 not 2.

People claim to revere Dalglish and yet are so dismissive of him whilst doing their best to ignore the failures of those running the club.

The context of Rafa's departure, Hodgson's arrival and departure, Kenny's arrival and departure, and Rodger's appointment have a common denominator- poor and uncertain leadership above them.

Football management does not operate in a vacuum.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Yeah, a bit of the problem with discussion forums, people disagreeing with you and all that.

Oh, aye, that's what I've got a problem with!

No to "Rodgers Out" yes to DOF in. Someone of quality and stature who can challenge and develop Rodgers. Rodgers is a manager who has potential but is clearly not a finished product, he needs time, and support and needs a DOF who wants to develop him, and he needs it soon before the machine chews him up and spits him out.

No to "Rodgers Out" yes to DOF in. Someone of quality and stature who can challenge and develop Rodgers. Rodgers is a manager who has potential but is clearly not a finished product, he needs time, and support and needs a DOF who wants to develop him, and he needs it soon before the machine chews him up and spits him out.

No chance that the yanks will put their hands in their pockets for quality and stature, it cost money don't you know.

Besides they have Ian Ayre who is probably cheaper and is doing such a great job of telling them that everything is fine

We have naive owners, CEO and Manager

No chance that the yanks will put their hands in their pockets for quality and stature, it cost money don't you know.

Besides they have Ian Ayre who is probably cheaper and is doing such a great job of telling them that everything is fine

We have naive owners, CEO and Manager

Think they did Rodgers no favour by backing down from the DOF. I hear what you're saying, my only hope that they'll go for a DOF is that they've flip flopped about so many things before maybe they will again. They won't want to see Rodgers fail but if results don't start coming around even after new additions in Jan they'll have to do something.

Theres something bugging me about his final season here.

He said a forward as cover for Torres and a centeral defender as cover as well,he even mentioned them as Jovetic and one of Upson or Distin.

He says the money to buy them players was no longer there.

Allow me to answer that for you.

Because both Alonso and Arbeloa wanted to leave the club and we sold them for 35m.

One a CM and one a RB.

We then went out and shockingly bought a CM and a RB to replace them.

The money that 'disappeared' was the Keane money for Jovetic and the promised money for the CH cover.

It really isn't that mystifying.

<pulls a spastic face>

Guest davelfc
Think they did Rodgers no favour by backing down from the DOF. I hear what you're saying, my only hope that they'll go for a DOF is that they've flip flopped about so many things before maybe they will again. They won't want to see Rodgers fail but if results don't start coming around even after new additions in Jan they'll have to do something.

How much did we pay Swansea for Rogers? I've read reports of £5m and then there's the contract he has (3 years?) I think we all realise that sacking the man just isn't practical.

If (as has been speculated) he only took the job on the condition that he and he alone controlled things then how would bringing in a DoF make the situation better. Managers don't walk these days, many believe they are right and they can work it around, some await the pay off. The fucking money we've wasted on pay offs and players over the past few years is criminal.

I don't for one second class FSG as the same as cancer and aids but it's been out of the frying pan and into the fire really. Rather than sack Rogers we desperately need owners that can actually run a football club, have a little money and aren't just pissing about listening to bitter pricks giving them shit advice. Cluster Fuck doesn't even come close,.

Where did he state this?

We had a deal in place for David Silva, also for Jovetic. Michael Turner was apparently set to replace Hyypia but we ended up with Kyrgiakos.

These were the expected signings to go with Johnson and Aquilani.

5 not 2.

How do you know that?

Why doesnt everyone just admit that G&H messed us up, Benitez made some bad errors which cost him his job, Hodgson needs forgetting about, Dalglish failed and wasted money, FSG have made errors and cannot use 'but were new excuses' anymore, Rodgers has wasted some money but not loads and collectively our players good or not have failed to beat teams they are better than for a consistent period.

As a club we have failed if people stopped backing individuals all the time this sort of thread will continue forever. Its boring now.

BTW does anyone think Justin Rose looks like a young Roy Hodgson.

For those people blaming FSG for the thin squad, you conveniently forget that three £10m attackers, plus £5m for a speculative punt, we're combined into one lazy twat lummox who we carted off to West Ham.

£8m for Coates was also another gem.

Kennys reign was probably more destructive than Hodgsons. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not joining in this suck Kennys cock game, he spent money like a drunken sailor and now we're blaming Rodgers for it? No. You're barking up the wrong tree, Kenny did a Nick Leeson.

For those people blaming FSG for the thin squad, you conveniently forget that three £10m attackers, plus £5m for a speculative punt, we're combined into one lazy twat lummox who we carted off to West Ham.

Kennys reign was probably more destructive than Hodgsons. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not joining in this suck Kennys cock game, he spent money like a drunken sailor and now we're blaming Rodgers for it? No. You're barking up the wrong tree, Kenny did a Nick Leeson.

"We have the resources to compete with anyone in football."

"The owners are always willing to provide funds where necessary to strengthen the squad."

"There will be no requirement to sell players this summer in order to fund new purchases."

"In Brendan Rodgers we have a talented young manager and we have valued highly his judgement about the make-up of the squad."

"We have the resources to compete with anyone in football."

"The owners are always willing to provide funds where necessary to strengthen the squad."

"There will be no requirement to sell players this summer in order to fund new purchases."

"In Brendan Rodgers we have a talented young manager and we have valued highly his judgement about the make-up of the squad."

Andy Carroll.

Just wins any argument. And when it doesn't,I just add Coates, Downing, Adam, and Henderson.

Andy Carroll.

Just wins any argument. And when it doesn't,I just add Coates, Downing, Adam, and Henderson.

I'm not disputing that Kenny wasted money. I'm disputing your claim that FSG aren't to blame for the state of the squad as it is now.

The quotes are there about how they'd give Rodgers enough money and control to strengthen the squad and get us back into the CL. They haven't done that. They've been full of shit.

I'm not disputing that Kenny wasted money. I'm disputing your claim that FSG aren't to blame for the state of the squad as it is now.

The quotes are there about how they'd give Rodgers enough money and control to strengthen the squad and get us back into the CL. They haven't done that. They've been full of shit.

We went into the transfer window desperately needing a backup for our DM. We came out of it desperately needing a backup for our DM and desperately needing a backup for our striker.

It's like a bad US sitcom.

As the dust settles, The Second Coming can be summarised as follows.

His arrival and second half of the season in charge was a success on the playing field beyond all reasonable expectations. When all he had to was motivate , energise and ride the wave of optimism and goodwill he excelled.

But the fuse of destruction had been lit by the capricious, ill considered, and ill judged purchase of Carroll. He had promised that he would use the clubs money as if it were his own, in practise he and Comolli celebrated the fact that they had saved the club money, and made a surplus on the Babel/Torres, Suarez/Carroll deal. It was logic that a Crocky housewife could have exposed.he was very fortunate that Carroll’s shortcomings were not laid bare in that honeymoon period because of injury.

When he had to buy and assemble a team for the 21st century, not for the 1980’s/90’s, his ring rustiness and lack of contemporary contacts undermined him. His memorable quote that Downing was “even better than i thought”, testimony to a man out of time. The financial legacy of Kenny’s reign in the shape of the Carroll and Downing deals in particular, has yet to bite.

We went into the transfer window desperately needing a backup for our DM. We came out of it desperately needing a backup for our DM and desperately needing a backup for our striker.

Fair comment.

Why did that happen? because we have no football knowledge at Board level.

Ayre's capitulation to Rodger's refusal to work with a DOF was, and is, high risk.