You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You're a shining example of the flaws in judging football solely by numbers, charts, and graphs. Your opinion is exactly what happens why you throw out of the window everything other than league position or statistics. You're a short-termist, with no real understanding of the game beyond numbers.

Out of interest, how many points did the team he took over get in their last 14 games of last season. You said there was nothing wrong after Christmas, but of Kenny's final 14 games, how many points did we get.

It's pretty relevant, isn't it? Minus those scoring goals, it's the team Rodgers inherited (which you say is the best team ever inherited by a Liverpool manager) so surely that team got a shit load of goals and points in their last fourteen games?

Let me save you the trouble and tell you how many points we picked up in 14 games preceding the 14 games Rodgers has played. It's 13. Out of the fourteen games leading up to Rodgers taking over the best side ever to be inherited by a Liverpool manager, we lost nine of them. 13 points from 42.

Now, I'm not happy with the results under Rodgers, nobody is, but surely they're understandable given the wreck he was left with, only to ship out Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi and Carroll - our £35m mega striker - and replace them with a young player who broke his foot stepping into the building.

But hey, let's not give him time to bring in his own players to recover from the dreadful waste in recent years. Let's not allow the new flesh to grow after we've stripped the dead flesh away. Start the revolving door up, boys, Code's looking at the numbers.

Cunt.

Agree with all of that.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a shining example of the flaws in judging football solely by numbers, charts, and graphs. Your opinion is exactly what happens why you throw out of the window everything other than league position or statistics. You're a short-termist, with no real understanding of the game beyond numbers.

Out of interest, how many points did the team he took over get in their last 14 games of last season. You said there was nothing wrong after Christmas, but of Kenny's final 14 games, how many points did we get.

It's pretty relevant, isn't it? Minus those scoring goals, it's the team Rodgers inherited (which you say is the best team ever inherited by a Liverpool manager) so surely that team got a shit load of goals and points in their last fourteen games?

Let me save you the trouble and tell you how many points we picked up in 14 games preceding the 14 games Rodgers has played. It's 13. Out of the fourteen games leading up to Rodgers taking over the best side ever to be inherited by a Liverpool manager, we lost nine of them. 13 points from 42.

Now, I'm not happy with the results under Rodgers, nobody is, but surely they're understandable given the wreck he was left with, only to ship out Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi and Carroll - our £35m mega striker - and replace them with a young player who broke his foot stepping into the building.

But hey, let's not give him time to bring in his own players to recover from the dreadful waste in recent years. Let's not allow the new flesh to grow after we've stripped the dead flesh away. Start the revolving door up, boys, Code's looking at the numbers.

Cunt.

Yep.

Personally, I expect our fucking owners to invest in the fucking playing squad.

In light of which, I find trivial discussions about our manager depressing, as i'm sure do you.

I find it odd, though, the lack of anger towards the inept fucks running our club. People have accepted mediocrity - and i'm not referring to the manager.

Spot on. The squad he inherited was woeful. This was highlighted by the performances in the 2nd half of last season. What do FSG do?? trim the fucking wage bill!! No manager in the world could make a success out of our current predicament. I feel sorry for him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Not a bad post that Hank.

I particularly liked the bit were you handed code his arse.

It's a pastime I enjoy. I'm looking forward to my neg saying 'you're an idiot'.

Cunt.

I love how you seem to take away all blame of our situation from Rodgers and his naive inept dealings in the summer.

The work of genius right there.

Congratulations.

You never had any hope in Rodger sin the first place.

From day one Code has had nothing more than a healthy amount of skepticism. As the season has progressed he's gone from being a skeptic to forming a firm opinion that Rodgers isn't the man to take us forward.

What bit was that again?

In case it was not clear:

Still not convinced?

Still in need of more?

Think you can handle more?

Cunt.

Bottom line Code, if many posters are disagreeing with you then something has got to give.

No. We were behind for over 80 mins, at no stage were we in front. The object of football is to score more goals than the opposition. I can think of many words to describe our performance. Comfortable is not one of them

No. I didn't describe the performance as comfortable. I said we were comfortably playing better football than Spurs for 70+ minutes of the game i.e. the amount that we were playing better than Spurs was obvious. We were comfortably playing the better football. The kind of better where the opposing manager felt obliged to say a draw would have been a fair result because if he'd denied it he'd have lost credibility. Comfortable.

Any wankers still want to defend Henderson ? How much time are you going to give the cunt before you realise he is shit ? So is Downing, although i cant understand why he is being played at full back ! Gerrard is well past his sell by date, and Reina really cant be arsed anymore.

Bring Shelvey in for Gerrard, Lucas for henderson, Suso for Downing, get 2 strikers in jan window.

Brendan, stop fucking about, open your eyes and see what most of football can see.

Oh....and a few decisions going our way wouldnt harm either, we have been arse raped by officials this season, im fucking sick of it !! Every cunting game we have stonewall penaties turned down, Reina almost gets his head kicked off his shoulders and we dont even get a free kick. I am just about at my lowest ebb regarding this club, and some of the 'new blood' fans defending the likes of Henderson. Us old farts can remember the days when the likes of him and Downing wouldnt have even got near the ressies.

Rant over.

I'm a 48 year old owlarse mate and I struggle to understand how people think Gerrard is finished. He is 32 and undeniably past his peak which at his age is normal but he still has a touch of class and his experience is invaluable.

Lucas, when ready, will come into the side as we already know.

It's no secret either Shelvey is highly rated by Rodgers but he's not ready to shift Gerrard on a permanent basis just yet.

get 2 strikers in jan window.

Brendan, stop fucking about, open your eyes and see what most of football can see.

Don't you mean the owners? It's common knowledge Rodgers wants two or 3 attacking options who can play along the front line but are you saying he's at fault for not being able to get them in the summer?

Downing looks set to be the makeweight for any inbounds, but he can't do much about that until january.

Henderson I have defended in the past but as new players come in over the next window or two, whoever they are, I can only see him slipping further down the pecking order. I don't think he is 'shit' but as he doesn't offer a goal threat and as Rodgers was prepared to offload him in the summer I don't think he will be here long term.

Agree on the decisions though. It's past a joke now

A view from F365 apart from the reffing stuff he makes some valid points.

A post-match reaction as predictable as the profligacy, with Rodgers proving what I had said on Monday to be correct by hailing his team's "magnificent" performance. Message to Brendan: Playing well and failing to win is not OK, OK?

In this week's top ten, I wrote that the Liverpool squad is full of players we wouldn't expect to see in the bottom half, but Stewart Downing continues to appear as though he's playing above his level. Not only does the winger have to face the ignominy of losing his wide role to Jose Enrique, but he has now also been charged with replacing the Spaniard at left-back in a role he is quite clearly unfamiliar with.

It's an oversight on Rodgers' part that Downing continued at full-back in the defeat to Spurs despite looking uneasy against Swansea and the manager must take full responsibility after Downing's lack of awareness led to Aaron Lennon opening the scoring.

Rodgers' 'poor me' attitude over refereeing decisions is also becoming incredibly tiresome and in no way can it help the team. While Liverpool have been unfortunate on several occasions this season, dwelling on perceived wrongs serves little purpose. The Reds were seventh in the table with 23 points after 14 matches last year, but picked up just 29 points in the remaining 24 fixtures after allowing the Luis Suarez affair to derail their campaign. Rodgers should be wary of a similarly destructive narrative hindering his team's chances of progress.

It was ludicrous to claim Dembele's tackle on Steven Gerrard was "bordering on assault" and both of the manager's penalty claims were dubious to say the least. That his team only managed to score through the most comical of own goals should be a more pressing concern for Rodgers.

As should his January transfer plans. If anyone would like a top ten dedicated entirely to Liverpool, I can probably come up with a decent list of players the Reds should have signed instead of spunking £25million on Joe Allen and Fabio Borini in the summer, simply because they had worked with Rodgers previously. For a start, there's the four players Swansea spent the Allen money on, with Michu, Ki Sung-Yueng, Pablo Hernandez and Chico all capable of improving either Liverpool's first team or squad.

The Liverpool scouts really do have a lot to answer for, with Oussama Assaidi hardly appearing to be the bargain Liverpool fans had hoped for when he arrived for £3million in the summer. And with Daniel Sturridge and former youth player Tom Ince the top two names to be linked with a move in January, one wonders what the hell they are are doing.

Thought we were very unfortunate yesterday, we played really well apart from those two goals we conceeded and Phil Dowd bottled it on several occassions, how the fuck did Dempsey get the free kick from which Bale scored ? and how did he deny both Suarez and Gerrard penalties ? That fuck Verthongen could do anything he wanted against Sterling, but if he gave anything back the cunt went down and Dowd fucking bought it. Asshole.

But like nearly always we only have ourselves to blame. We are so shite in the final third. Decision making and finnishing is ridiculously bad. January cannot come soon enough, seems like we've been saying that since August basically, but it really is true. The owners really need to make significant funds available or it's yet another season pissed away, cause we wont find outselves climbing the table much with the current squad, we are too dependant on one player.

Bottom line Code, if many posters are disagreeing with you then something has got to give.

I hope you know that the majority is usually always wrong.

If I had bothered I would rip that post above a part as easily as teams are cutting through our midfield.

I will not bother though because Numero is not exactly the smartest is he, my guess is that he's never really kicked a ball in his life?

I thought we were excellent last night - silly mistakes, a couple of iffy decisions, and absolutely no luck whatsoever.

Tottenham scored our goal for us, how much luck do you want?

It's all very well saying we were excellent, but we still hardly looked like scoring.

But then, what do you expect, we didn't add goalscorers to the squad in the summer; in fact, we shipped most of our attacking players out.

There is a movement to insulate Rodgers from criticism by shifting the blame onto the squad he inherited. This only works if you buy into the fiction that he inherited rubbish that required a massive overhaul, which I don't.

Once again, I feel like I have to remind people how good the majority of our performances were last season, and for the most part all that was absent was quality finishing. All we needed was to add quality forwards to the team. Instead FSG got someone in to slash and burn and build a new team on the cheap, which thus far is yielding predictable results.

It's all very well saying we were excellent, but we still hardly looked like scoring.

But then, what do you expect, we didn't add goalscorers to the squad in the summer; in fact, we shipped most of our attacking players out.

There is a movement to insulate Rodgers from criticism by shifting the blame onto the squad he inherited. This only works if you buy into the fiction that he inherited rubbish that required a massive overhaul, which I don't.

Once again, I feel like I have to remind people how good the majority of our performances were last season, and for the most part all that was absent was quality finishing. All we needed was to add quality forwards to the team. Instead FSG got someone in to slash and burn and build a new team on the cheap, which thus far is yielding predictable results.

I agree!!!

As for comments that we played well yesterday, what game did you watch? Spurs ripped us apart in the first half. In the second they took their foot off and we got back in the game but the result was already decided. This is becoming our new norm. Being Liverpool in the FSG era = being mediocre.

I agree the results are predictable but you could equally argue what do you expect when you go through 4 managers in as many years. Villa Newcastle or any other non-oligarch owned club you may care to mention are examples of where lack of continuity leads to.

We'll never know but Kenny may well have tweaked it and turned it around with a couple of additions but could he have got Carroll, Adam, Downing, Henderson to all contribute significantly more to our goals tally at this stage of the season than Rodgers has done so far with the current squad?

I'm not sure.