You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alan for a man with some knowledge of the detail of this I am astounded by your post which grotesquely misrepresents the position.

The Council have taken the initiative by announcing a regeneration project which may involve CPO’s applications.The club has done nothing.

The Club have not been forced to do anything. Since the Taylor report a mixture of a lack of foresight, vision, inertia, bad luck and bad judgement has beset the Club- not the Council.

The fans would like a modern stadium with enhanced capacity and facilities- it is the Club that has failed to deliver that.

Your contempt for local residents and landowners is breathtaking. Why should they not get £500k a house ( less than a month of Joe Coles wages) if that is what it takes? It is the price of fish. If a 60k redevelopment generates an extra £30m a season then it is excellent value. Local people have seen the value of their homes slide as the club shilly- shallies allowing property they have bought to deteriorate further down-valuing their homes.

Why should local people have their assets wrecked by slum landlords intent on making £100m's for foreign investors? Amen to that.

If you are now representing FSG’s views this is a new low. I remind you of the following released in 2011:

Rockfield Residents Association Committee said:

Ian Ayre yesterday claimed that there are obstacles in the way of the redevelopment of the current stadium, but he says it is mostly about getting people to concede to sell their properties. What he doesn’t say is that Liverpool Football Club have been attempting to get people to sell their HOMES by offering them a price (via their purchasing agents GVA Grimleys) which is just not acceptable to the property owners often with the added phrase of “take it or leave it because you won’t get a penny more”.

He stated that Liverpool Football Club already own a lot of properties within the Rockfield Area however at the Housing and Physical Regeneration Strategy Meetings, Liverpool Football Club constantly refuse to say how many properties they do own or what properties if any they have recently purchased.

Some people may well say to themselves “look at the state of the streets in the area, they have lots of boarded up derelict houses in them so why should the club be paying these people decent money for homes in an area like that”? Maybe if people understood that it has been the policy of the club to buy up homes and leave them empty for the past decade, they will understand the anger of the property owners left in these streets when they are offered such a small sum of money for their homes. After all many of these people own their homes outright and given the values placed upon the properties by LFC they would be unable to live a mortgage free life if they sold their homes to the club.

It was announced by Arena Housing Ltd that they would be starting the renovation of their properties in Alroy Road, with work commencing in May 2011. No work has yet commenced is this maybe because Arena are in negotiations with LFC over the ownership of these properties?

The homeowners and residents in the Rockfield area are most certainly not to blame for the empty and derelict homes which blight their lives, but Liverpool Football Club most certainly shoulder some of the responsibility as they have admitted that they own many of these derelict and empty properties that blight the area.

Can you imagine the outcry if a supermarket chain was to buy up homes in an area of the city and then decide to leave them derelict and boarded up for a decade just on the off chance that they may decide to build a store there one day? But this is exactly what Liverpool Football Club has been doing to the residents of the Rockfield Area. Do we get an apology for this reprehensible behaviour? No we are being described as obstacles instead.

Where is our MP Steve Rotheram voicing his outrage at the treatment of the residents? He is nowhere to be seen or heard. Does he reply to any emails or questions that the residents association send him? No he does not, however he was certainly very vocal when he wanted the previous owners of LFC to sell up.

Regards

Rockfield Residents Association Committee

I normally read your posts with interest, I think you make some good points and at times you completely lose the plot. The post I am replying to falls into the latter.

I'll ignore the logical fallacies and circular arguments you use just to ask you what the rest of us locals and their children should do when the people who get £500k for their houses start bumping up the price of houses around Liverpool? Should we just accept the false impetus forced into the housing market by this money and simply say "it's the price of fish"?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally read your posts with interest, I think you make some good points and at times you completely lose the plot. The post I am replying to falls into the latter.

I'll ignore the logical fallacies and circular arguments you use just to ask you what the rest of us locals and their children should do when the people who get £500k for their houses start bumping up the price of houses around Liverpool? Should we just accept the false impetus forced into the housing market by this money and simply say "it's the price of fish"?

Kenny, sorry to plagiarise, but I couldn't have put it better myself. I normally read your posts with interest, I think you make some good points and at times you completely lose the plot. The post I am replying to falls into the latter.

A few dozen people are not going to impact the housing market in Liverpool to any discernible degree. That's a really silly thing to say.

No sweat - extend the Anfield Road End and fill in all four corners. 60,000. Done. Dusted.

Is that really possible?

Why would the club go to the expense of building a new 'add on' to the main stand for just 3,000 seats if that's so simple?

I know you'd not have as much hospitality etc.

Xerxes just fuck off with your rambling nonsensical perversion of the "facts".

You keep repeating the same sh*te post after post despite people who know infinitely more than you correcting you all the fuckin time.

You know the sum total of zip about what's going on so stop pretending your a fuckin world expert ffs.

Go & lobby a councillor if you think CPO powers can't/won't be used, don't bore the pants off Liverpool fans on a Liverpools fans' forum who want Liverpool Football Club to extend the capacity for the benefit of Liverpool fans who want to watch said Liverpool Football Club

Is that really possible?

Why would the club go to the expense of building a new 'add on' to the main stand for just 3,000 seats if that's so simple?

I know you'd not have as much hospitality etc.

Yes it is but as you say, it's not as good.

But then you can make about 4,000 seats in the middle of the existing Main Stand into premium seats and extend the hospitality stuff out back (over the car park) without affecting anyone's right of light, so it's not so bad.

Kenny, sorry to plagiarise, but I couldn't have put it better myself. I normally read your posts with interest, I think you make some good points and at times you completely lose the plot. The post I am replying to falls into the latter.

A few dozen people are not going to impact the housing market in Liverpool to any discernible degree. That's a really silly thing to say.

Let me get this right - your contention is that a few dozen people (with £500k to spend on houses which could add up to £12 MILLION) WILL NOT impact the housing market. Given the current state of the housing market in Liverpool I think THAT is the silly thing to say. I support your right to an opinion but I don't agree with you. I may be wrong as well of course but I believe it would have an impact without doubt.

Sorry bores, but on a different note, does it not bother anyone......Our cheapest season ticket is about 3 or 4 hundred quid more expensive than the majority of other premier league clubs, including many that have finished above us.

Doesn't anyone else think this is a disgrace? Our club represents one of the poorest cities, a working class culture, yet our season tickets cost up of 725. These are not statistics out of context btw, you can watch Newcastle, Man U or man city or Everton for less than 400 quid.

Hopefully if we have a bigger stadium there will be more concessions and cheaper seats. Yeah, sure that's what they have in mind. Not the club I fell in love with.

Sadly, this is the harsh reality of clubs needing more and more money to compete... sooner or later the fans pay the price.

City's prices will start rising as they try to balance the books, and they'll look to bigger clubs like Liverpool and notice how much bigger Liverpool's matchday revenue is... but they can't just hike the prices in one go, as that would cause fan turmoil and a torrent of bad press (but there prices have risen this year, and probably will next year).

Liverpool have been a top 4 club for many years, and competed in CL repeatedly... that's why they can (and do) command a higher price.

If City had charged the same up until a few years ago, their fans would be screaming about it... since watching City wasn't pleasant and watching Liverpool was rewarding.

Newcastle last year did a very good deal where fans bought 10 year tickets, with a pledge that the price would remain the same... that might be something Liverpool could think about.

Wigan on the other hand can only dream of being able to increase their prices. A small town, with a lot of rugby fans, they are struggling every year to get fans in. But if Liverpool were to set their prices at Wigan's level, fans would be in uproar when FSG say "sorry lads, we're 40 million down this year, so no new players".

You're not getting a bad deal all in all. A world renowned club, cheaper than Arsenal and Chelsea, favourable with United... it's only looking iffy due to current mid-table woes.

All of that said, I still think matchday prices are high at every club, and I know a fair few fans who simply cannot afford season tickets. It's a shame, as they've watch the team (City) through thin and thin (sic) and now we're finally doing well, they can't afford to go. Now there's Asian tourists showing up at CL matches, and a notable increase in middle class families showing up.

Not a bad thing per se, just.... different.

Yes it is but as you say, it's not as good.

But then you can make about 4,000 seats in the middle of the existing Main Stand into premium seats and extend the hospitality stuff out back (over the car park) without affecting anyone's right of light, so it's not so bad.

It would allay my fear of building to 60/63k with no further expansion available though.

Let me get this right - your contention is that a few dozen people (with £500k to spend on houses which could add up to £12 MILLION) WILL NOT impact the housing market. Given the current state of the housing market in Liverpool I think THAT is the silly thing to say. I support your right to an opinion but I don't agree with you. I may be wrong as well of course but I believe it would have an impact without doubt.

I don't see what you are worrying about!

If they do manage to get £500k for their houses they will only waste it on drugs and shit!

They'll be back on the housing register within a year.

Both are right really, it's just a question of over what area.

- is £12 million quids worth of property speculation going to affect Liverpool's property values? no, not really. It's a drop in the ocean.

- is £12 million quids worth of property speculation around Rockfield Rd going to affect house prices in the vacinity? yes.

If the speculators improve houses, then it could increase neighbouring houses by a little. It's not going to massively improve property prices, because there's a finite limit to how many people want to move into that area, and the price they'd be prepared to pay (esp for an area with an 'uncertain future').

However, if the speculation is to buy up properties and leave them derelict, then that's definitely going to act as another nail in the coffin for the area, and effectively drive residents out, or push them into further negative equity.

CPO's seem the best option for the area at large. Providing residents (and the speculators) get a fair value for the property (that's NOT market price now, but a price that allows residents to relocate to a similar property with compensation for the inconvenience too). That means the speculators will most likely make money too (but not extortionate amounts, only the same as a genuine resident).... although if a speculator owned 20 houses, they should only get ONE inconvenience payment.

There must also be great sympathy for residents that would actually like to stay, and would prefer to just see the area improved, and the derelict houses restored. Sadly that seems a very unlikely scenario now, and it's very sad that those residents will end up having to sacrifice a great deal due to the cumulative action (and lack of action) from LFC, the council and speculators.

Years of hesitation from all parties, for a multitude of reasons has resulted in the residents being the ones to suffer the most. So it shouldn't be beyond the wit of LFC and the council to be fairly generous with their offers.

Both are right really, it's just a question of over what area.

- is £12 million quids worth of property speculation going to affect Liverpool's property values? no, not really. It's a drop in the ocean.

- is £12 million quids worth of property speculation around Rockfield Rd going to affect house prices in the vacinity? yes.

Put £500k into anyone's bank account and they will get a lot more than a £500k mortgage. It would be at least £12M of CASH into the system which would certainly have an impact.

I won't be pushing my point any further, I just wanted to point out the obvious that there are more consequences than those that Xerxes has managed to see.

Put £500k into anyone's bank account and they will get a lot more than a £500k mortgage. It would be at least £12M of CASH into the system which would certainly have an impact.

I won't be pushing my point any further, I just wanted to point out the obvious that there are more consequences than those that Xerxes has managed to see.

Hmmm mortgages don't work quite like that.

If you put 500K into a bank account and ask for a 1 million mortgage, you'll not get it unless you've got evidence you can make the repayments.

But regardless.... if there were 12 millionaire lottery winners in the Anfield area tomorrow, would it have a significant impact on the area? no. it's 12 million quid. It's nothing. And that's even in they stayed in the area (unlikely).

The council would LOVE to be able to make a significant impact for 12 million.

But we're not really talking about that are we? we're talking about speculators who've purchased housing with the sole intention of making a nice little profit from regeneration project. IF (and it's a huge IF) they each made 500K, and they then went and spent ALL of that 500K in the area, it would be absorbed and dissipated like piss in the ocean. Nearby swimmers might feel the effect for a very short period indeed, with no lasting effect or benefit.

Hells bells KS. You've started early if you think the club is going to give them 500k each. I'll humour you for a minute. 500k buys a lot of house in Liverpool. I know, cos I've just looked on Rightmove It's unbelievable how much £500k buys you up there. They'll move out of the city if they really were spending that on a house. I'd say it would be at least as likely that the would spend 100k on a house and blow the rest on Disneyland, big TVs and Xboxs.

Just to question / clarify...

this '500K' figure - where's it coming from?

I was under the impression it was an example figure of what speculators (who'd bought houses PURELY to try and hold to ransom any buyers) might ask for as a top end figure... i.e. an extortionate figure they might ask for to sell up.

If it's supposed to represent a figure that a genuine resident might expect by way of recompense, it seems absolutely deluded (for an equivalent home to the ones near Rockfield Rd, but in a better area AND with an inconvenience figure too). I'd have thought 150K would be more realistic, and that's fairly generous.

Just to question / clarify...

this '500K' figure - where's it coming from?

I was under the impression it was an example figure of what speculators (who'd bought houses PURELY to try and hold to ransom any buyers) might ask for as a top end figure... i.e. an extortionate figure they might ask for to sell up.

If it's supposed to represent a figure that a genuine resident might expect by way of recompense' date=' it seems absolutely deluded (for an equivalent home to the ones near Rockfield Rd, but in a better area AND with an inconvenience figure too). I'd have thought 150K would be more realistic, and that's fairly generous.[/quote']

More than fairly generous. Though put it in the context of players salaries, and it looks altogether more reasonable.