You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Kane was excellent, just ran straight at Terry and Cahill and exposed their lack of pace. Caused them all sorts of problems. 

Neither Terry or Cahill are great players really. Good at all the ale house stuff, heading it away, jumping in front of shots, etc, and I'm not belittling that side of the game, but they're both slow and pretty shit on the ball. Having probably the second best keeper on the planet behind them, a top class holding midfielder in front of them, and playing for a very tactically astute manager, makes their job much easier if you don't get them out of their comfort zone. Kane did, and it worked.

You think?

I'm not so sure.

They're definitely slow but I would class them both as reasonably good technically (by English standards anyway).

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

You think?

I'm not so sure.

They're definitely slow but I would class them both as reasonably good technically (by English standards anyway).

I think we saw plenty of examples of it yesterday. Press them aggressively and they shit themselves and kick it away as far as possible.

They're fine in a Mourinho side. Perhaps less so in Spain where there is some expectation that everyone should be fairly comfortable on the ball.

Terry scores quite a few goals because he's excellent at attacking the ball from set pieces, but just focusing on the defensive side, I reckon you could swap Ryan Shawcross for either of the Chelsea centre backs and it would make very little difference to the amount of goals they concede.

I think playing 3 games in 5 days or whatever it was, also had to be considered regarding the Spurs/Chelsea game. 

Spurs obviously played the same amount of games but Chelsea had a really tough game against Southampton days before, where as Spurs and the Mancs had a bore draw. 

Let's not forget Chelsea still scored 3 against them 

BBC website having a wankfest over Cantona attacking that palace fan, calling it 'iconic' the fucking Mancs really do have the media eating out of their grubby paws don't they.

Interesting quotes from the then-Palace manager about his conversation with Taggart following the game.

Anyone would think they were all absolutely fucking terrified of the man.

Bizarre to think how quickly English football has changed from a workshop environment to a corporate company one in terms of that type of thing.

Interesting quotes from the then-Palace manager about his conversation with Taggart following the game.

Anyone would think they were all absolutely fucking terrified of the man.

Bizarre to think how quickly English football has changed from a workshop environment to a corporate company one in terms of that type of thing.

I thought that too, would've been nice if more managers had a spine when it came to that stinking old twat.

The AFCON is on again. I've no idea why they host it every 2 years because every 2 years you get the same problems with European clubs not wanting to release players, numerous coaching changes, and shoddy organisation of the tournament. All to watch teams full of 7ft tall behemoths struggle with basics like controlling and passing the ball. You'll see a ball break to somebody outside the box and think the best thing to do is control the ball and look for a pass to keep the attack going but the daft cunt will invariably attempt a shot only to hoof the ball out of the stadium.

Noticed Teixera scored 2 last night and was highly praised by the Brighton manager.

Hadn't realised that he was there , presumably Sami took him.

Can't say i religiously watch the ressies but on every occasion I saw this lad he impressed.

Sad he didn't get a chance with the first team.

It's quite amazing (not in a good way), the Cantona glorification.

He has people jumping to his defence, left, right and centre. Trying to justify his actions, saying he came in for a lot of stick. But, don't most players?

Also, the claim he was racially abused doesn't stack with me. He was taunted about his nationality, not his race. Still not on, but it's a taunt at where he's from, akin to thousands at the old Trafford singing "you scouse bastard".

But, I know for sure that if Gerrard had lost it this season when subject to THAT Demba Ba song, and the scouse bastard shouts, then jumped into the crowd and smacked a manc, their fans would not be using the provocation defence.

Nor would the media.

• Upvote 4

Can't say i religiously watch the ressies but on every occasion I saw this lad he impressed.

Sad he didn't get a chance with the first team.

Who's to say he won't get a chance when he returns to the club? He's highly rated and got some good minutes in the thick of a title challenge last season. I'd say he has a better chance than most.

Who's to say he won't get a chance when he returns to the club? He's highly rated and got some good minutes in the thick of a title challenge last season. I'd say he has a better chance than most.

Teixeira?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's doing well for Brighton, but he's never going to play for LFC again.  Not a significant role, anyway.  

It's not as if he's an 18-year old on his first loan after shining for the ressies.  He's 22.  He'll make a career for himself in football, no doubt, and we may even make money on him (depending on what kind of contract he's on) but I think it's pretty safe to say he won't be a part of our plans moving forward.  There are about 6 players easily ahead of him in his position already in our squad and another 3-4 youngsters who I would rate very likely to develop into better players as well.