You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That's absolutely correct. City are a prime example of taking their foot off the gas and paying the price for it. The way Liverpool are playing isn't 'broke', so no need to fix it. The challenge was to treat EVERY game as cup final and win every last one of them. It remains the same still.

I can't abide the thought of Chelsea winning it having rarely entertained anybody the whole season.

And as much as this ratchets the pressure up on us, it also ratchets the pressure on Chelsea. They know that if they have any slip ups against the teams fighting for survival, they leave it very much in Liverpool's hands. What with them playing Sunderland a few days before Atleti, who knows what Mourinho will do.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

City manager and players are blaming tonight's result on not being able to shake off Sunday's defeat at Anfield.

Hahaha.

That's beautiful. Really beautiful.

AND having come from 7th the previous season (never been done before).

Yes it has, several times. It's just not been done since Sky think they invented football in 1992. We've done it 5 times ourselves:

1899/1900 finished 10th - 1900/01 Champions

1904/05 winners of Div 2 - 1905/06 Champions

1937/38 (last complete pre-war season) finished 11th - 1946/47 (1st post-war) Champions

1962/63 finished 8th - 1963/64 Champions

1964/65 finished 7th - 1965/66 Champions

In 1976/77 season Notts Forest won promotion finishing 3rd in the old Div 2. The following season, 1977/78, they were Champions (us as runners up). The next 2 seasons after that they won the European Cup.

Having said all that, will be a phenomenal achievement if we can do it this year up against the 2 oil barons

• Upvote 4

I love how just completely off the radar they are at the moment. It looks like they'll stick with him next season as expectations get lower and lower.

Even better is knowing from bitter experience just how shit it's likely to be for them and knowing that nothing in the last 25 years has prepared them for it and they have not a clue what is coming.

Quite amusing from the torygraph reporter

This stadium is too quiet for a title tilt

If Manchester City are going to win the title, they are going to have to do it without the passionate support that appears to be driving Liverpool towards the finishing line. The Etihad Stadium has always lacked the atmosphere of a traditional ground, but 72 hours after Manuel Pellegrini’s team experienced the full force of the Anfield experience, the contrast between the two stadia was stark. For lengthy periods, the Etihad was silent as City struggled to build on Fernandinho’s second-minute opener. With three more games to play at home this season, there may come a point when the City fans are needed to become the 12th man, but there was no sign of that happening on Wednesday night.

Quite amusing from the torygraph reporter

This stadium is too quiet for a title tilt

If Manchester City are going to win the title, they are going to have to do it without the passionate support that appears to be driving Liverpool towards the finishing line. The Etihad Stadium has always lacked the atmosphere of a traditional ground, but 72 hours after Manuel Pellegrini’s team experienced the full force of the Anfield experience, the contrast between the two stadia was stark. For lengthy periods, the Etihad was silent as City struggled to build on Fernandinho’s second-minute opener. With three more games to play at home this season, there may come a point when the City fans are needed to become the 12th man, but there was no sign of that happening on Wednesday night.

Unfortunately for City money can't buy the 12th man, can it?

Sunderland are alright. I really hope they pick up enough points to stay up. As soon as possible.

Poyet stood up for Suarez, so for his sake and to make Jordan happy I share your sentiments, especially when their next game is against Chekski

I know this seems unlikely given who our rivals have to play in their next couple of games, but I have a weird feeling but nonetheless a strong feeling that we will win the title at Anfield against Chelsea. 

Can't explain it other than hope...

Or that I'm a burke.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm not sure we even could win at against Chelsea. It would require Chelsea dropping points against Sunderland (fine), then City only getting a point from WBA and Palace (who they play AFTER we play Chelsea). I guess we could technically win it against Chelsea but we'd not know about it whilst playing them.

But look, one game at a time. Norwich first. That's a tough enough test and we need to focus on that. No fuckin' slip ups. Chelsea is a huge match if we do beat Norwich. Fuck what everybody else is doing. Get in the zone and ignore then.