You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 million? If so I'm glad we've signed someone for cheap! But in terms of football, the low fee will not bring any expectation from the press/fans etc, which will hopefully give him time to settle in the country. Never seen him play he looks like a tricky winger, which is something we've not had since, well, Erm, I can't remember the last decent one!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen this on twitter..

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell

Excited at the prospect of Assaidi joining Liverpool. Great to watch; lovely dribbler, can score goals & tremendous work rate. In fact, Eric Gerets once told Adel Taarabt when he left him out for Morocco: "Watch (Assaidi) & you'll figure why you're not in the team."

Pretty rare for us to sign someone so unknown but pretty exciting too. Hyypia came from the Dutch league for a similar fee and at a similar age and look how he turned out. There's always the chance you end up with a Mark Gonzalez but at this sort of price and with our current budget and ability to attract players it's pretty low risk.

I'd also rather us make this sort of signing than spend big money on young players like Henderson who've been in the spotlight and commanded a grossly inflated transfer fee. Spending big money on established quality is fine, but I'd always thought the owners idea was to get players in cheap before their true value had been realised.

Gonzalez had all the attributes needed apart from the most important, a football brain and as anyone will tell you who has seen Aissadi he's a very smart player, especially for a winger.

Seen this on twitter..

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell

Excited at the prospect of Assaidi joining Liverpool. Great to watch; lovely dribbler, can score goals & tremendous work rate. In fact, Eric Gerets once told Adel Taarabt when he left him out for Morocco: "Watch (Assaidi) & you'll figure why you're not in the team."

Taarabt was left out because Aissadi was preferred for the position. Taarabt got a massive strop on and vowed to never play for us again. Aissadi is leaps and bounds ahead of Adel atm.

Van Persie had an Indian summer last year, the only year he's completed a full campaign with 7 other seasons being cut short through injury (28 being the most games in any other season he managed). I'm not saying he isn't a talented player but he's obviously an asshole to move to United after all Arsenal and Wenger did for him (no substance).

Why is 3m and 21k a week on a 23 year old international who has scored 19 goals from the wing in his last 2 seasons in 58 games? Isn't the question somewhat redundant?

wow.

Van Persie had an Indian summer last year, the only year he's completed a full campaign with 7 other seasons being cut short through injury (28 being the most games in any other season he managed). I'm not saying he isn't a talented player but he's obviously an asshole to move to United after all Arsenal and Wenger did for him (no substance).

Why is 3m and 21k a week on a 23 year old international who has scored 19 goals from the wing in his last 2 seasons in 58 games? Isn't the question somewhat redundant?

That is not even a question, let alone a redundant one.

Taarabt was left out because Aissadi was preferred for the position. Taarabt got a massive strop on and vowed to never play for us again. Aissadi is leaps and bounds ahead of Adel atm.

Taarabt is a tool, he has amazing ability but just refuses to think he can learn from anyone be it on or off the pitch.

I imagine you will have seen more of Aissadi than most so if I said I think he's a very determined player with great work rate, good on and off the ball and unselfish most of the time (that being what I saw of him at Heerenveen) would I be right in my estimation of him?

Also what do you think of Belhanda? Do you think there is any way we could get the two of them in the same side at some point?

Not like he took Iniesta's place in the Spanish team - Morroco that footballing giant-Take a Powder.

Alarm bells ring when we sign a cheap(ish) mid-twenties player very few people outside of his own family have heard of.

Hope this chap proves me wrong and pulls up all sorts of trees!

Not sure what you mean by this, does it actually matter? As long as our scouting dept are doing what scouting departments do and spot good players early and sign them up.

The fact that no one had a clue this was going to happen is great.

Hopefully the lad can be a useful squad player and add that little bit of trickery and pace to the side that were lacking.

Also, can i just add that Rodgers signed that Voorn from Utecht for a million, so hopefully he has a little eye for talent in the Dutch league.

Martin Jol also seems to have an eye for a player in the dutch league, and if rumours are to be beleived he wanted him aswell, including Ajax.

Just being possitive..

Cant fuckin wait for Saturday now!

Yesssssss.