You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You could make a YouTube video of downing, from last season alone, and he'd still look class on it.

How people think you can get any view on a footballer from those is beyond me.

This is true. The fact that people are claiming this as a good signing whilst at the same time saying that Van Persie isn't is laughable. As I said in the other thread, if this fella is the only wide man we sign this summer I'll be pretty underwhelmed.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the lad Jol was after if Dempsey left Fulham

Fulham have revived interest in Oussama Assaidi after the Heerenveen forward’s proposed move to Ajax fell through.

The 23-year-old Morocco international turned down the option to play for Holland despite having dual passports.

With star player Clint Dempsey likely to leave, Fulham boss Martin Jol is keen to plunder his homeland once again to bring fresh blood to Craven Cottage.

Fulham want Heerenveen's Oussama Assaidi | Mail Online

Assaidi to join Liverpool for £3m from Heerenveen as Rodgers continues to strengthen

By Dominic King

PUBLISHED: 19:02, 16 August 2012 | UPDATED: 19:06, 16 August 2012

Liverpool have completed a £3million deal for Heerenveen winger Oussama Assaidi, subject to the Moroccan international passing a medical.

The 24-year-old is in the final year of his contract and will move to Anfield after turning down an offer to stay in Holland from Ajax. He was also wanted by Spartak Moscow and Galatasaray.

Fulham had expressed an interest in the pacy Assaidi, who can operate on the flanks or through the middle, earlier this summer but he is expected to be unveiled by Liverpool within in the next 24 hours.

Assaidi will triple the £7,000 per week wages he was being paid by Heerenveen and will sign a four-year contract on Merseyside, plugging the gaps in the squad that have been left by the departures of Dirk Kuyt and Maxi Rodriguez.

Once the formalities of Assaidi’s deal are completed, Liverpool – who have not received any bids for Scotland midfielder Charlie Adam – will hope to finalise a move for Real Madrid’s Nuri Sahin on a season long-loan.

Liverpool have conducted lengthy discussions with Real Madrid over releasing Sahin, who had indicated he had wanted to play in the Champions League, and hope they have convinced him to move to the Barclays Premier League.

You could make a YouTube video of downing, from last season alone, and he'd still look class on it.

How people think you can get any view on a footballer from those is beyond me.

[YOUTUBE]mvf6nlBSUb4[/YOUTUBE]

At no point could you make Downing look like he could take a man on at pace with skill without using effects that are not used on any of the videos of Aissadi's videos. Plus having seen Heerenveen play on more than one occassion in the past few years, he and Narsingh stand out a mile (though as I say I prefer Narsingh up to now).

3m? That's an unreal bargain!

This is true. The fact that people are claiming this as a good signing whilst at the same time saying that Van Persie isn't is laughable. As I said in the other thread, if this fella is the only wide man we sign this summer I'll be pretty underwhelmed.

I'd rather we made astute signings like this one where stars can be made, rather than went out and overpaid for crocks with no substance who just want a big pay day.

3m and 21k seems like a very smart signing to me.

I'd still like to see a left footed winger in our ranks though!

[YOUTUBE]mvf6nlBSUb4[/YOUTUBE]

At no point could you make Downing look like he could take a man on at pace with skill without using effects that are not used on any of the videos of Aissadi's videos. Plus having seen Heerenveen play on more than one occassion in the past few years, he and Narsingh stand out a mile (though as I say I prefer Narsingh up to now).

3m? That's an unreal bargain!

Even Lucasarts couldn't make Downing look like he could take on and beat a player.

Havent got a fucking clue about this player in terms of how good or bad he is. I've watched Heerenveen several times, but dont remember this guy standing out. Complete mind fuck of a signing, i guess either our scouts has watched him and been keen or Rodgers has previously with Swansea in mind. I know Galatasaray and Ajax were linked earlier but obviously something got in the way of that, so perhaps that's why we went in and got him.

Havent got a fucking clue about this player in terms of how good or bad he is. I've watched Heerenveen several times, but dont remember this guy standing out. Complete mind fuck of a signing, i guess either our scouts has watched him and been keen or Rodgers has previously with Swansea in mind. I know Galatasaray and Ajax were linked earlier but obviously something got in the way of that, so perhaps that's why we went in and got him.

Ajax couldn't/wouldn't meet his wage demands.

I'd rather we made astute signings like this one where stars can be made, rather than went out and overpaid for crocks with no substance who just want a big pay day.

3m and 21k seems like a very smart signing to me.

I'd still like to see a left footed winger in our ranks though!

How do you know its an astute signing? He might be completely shite. Did you just describe Van Persie as an overpaid crock with no substance? Why is your username A.V.B.?

I'm negging anyone who compares him to El Zhar from now on.

Yes he is Moroccan and a wide player, but it doesn't mean he is anything like El Zhar.

Hearing good things from Dutch lads on other forums. I like this type of signing myself. If anything, just so I don't know he's bang average like Dempsey.

haha. Pleased to see you still have a modicum of humour left, BBB.

Maybe you'll sober up soon and stop being a psycho the rest of the time.

Positive things from Dutch lads is a good thing.

Pretty rare for us to sign someone so unknown but pretty exciting too. Hyypia came from the Dutch league for a similar fee and at a similar age and look how he turned out. There's always the chance you end up with a Mark Gonzalez but at this sort of price and with our current budget and ability to attract players it's pretty low risk.

I'd also rather us make this sort of signing than spend big money on young players like Henderson who've been in the spotlight and commanded a grossly inflated transfer fee. Spending big money on established quality is fine, but I'd always thought the owners idea was to get players in cheap before their true value had been realised.

Very surprised, never heard of him. Good luck to the lad!

3m and 21k seems like a very smart signing to me. !

Ok, calm down. why don't you wait to see if he's good enough, before you brand this as a smart move. Degen was a Bosman signing on similar wages. Was it really a smart move?

How do you know its an astute signing? He might be completely shite. Did you just describe Van Persie as an overpaid crock with no substance? Why is your username A.V.B.?

Van Persie had an Indian summer last year, the only year he's completed a full campaign with 7 other seasons being cut short through injury (28 being the most games in any other season he managed). I'm not saying he isn't a talented player but he's obviously an asshole to move to United after all Arsenal and Wenger did for him (no substance).

Why is 3m and 21k a week on a 23 year old international who has scored 19 goals from the wing in his last 2 seasons in 58 games? Isn't the question somewhat redundant?

Very surprised, never heard of him. Good luck to the lad!

Ok, calm down. why don't you wait to see if he's good enough, before you brand this as a smart move. Degen was a Bosman signing on similar wages. Was it really a smart move?

No but that's easy to say in hindsight. What I can say is given Degen's previous injury problems it wasn't a smart move and carried more of a risk than we should have been willing to take. I can also say what I said at the time which was I preferred Lichtsteiner.