You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking tooth ache

AVEEZ

I have Pepsi...will that work??

The dentist was shit...prodded around a bit with his stupid mirror thing..then told me I need a filling in a different tooth!!! The pain is being caused by bacteria. Not an abscess nothing he can do..utter fucktard...today I will mostly be like a honey badger whose tail has been stood on by a chimp with a small knife!

The dentist was shit...prodded around a bit with his stupid mirror thing..then told me I need a filling in a different tooth!!! The pain is being caused by bacteria. Not an abscess nothing he can do..utter fucktard...today I will mostly be like a honey badger whose tail has been stood on by a chimp with a small knife!

Only if you knock the tooth out with the pepsi can.

Oil of cloves is the standard treatment but it burns like a MF if it goes on anywhere but the tooth.

You wont have to worry about vampires either!

And he didnt prescribe anything for the pain? If its no better tomorrow get back there and dont leave without some heavy duty painkillers....unless you can get co-codamol over the counter????

I went to the dentist over Christmas with horrendous pain in my gums/jaw....dentist couldnt identify the source of the pain but prescribed co-codamol which I took in combination with ibuprofen (nurofen). Never did find out what was wrong but the pain eased over a few days

You have my sympathies...

• 10 years later...

Anyone ever used an at home filling kit? Any advice/tips? 

I lost a filling last Wednesday and an abscess developed and spread across the gum. The pain is fucking unbearable. I’m moody as fuck and no one wants to be around me (that’s pretty normal to be fair though). 

I’ve been taking paracetamol, ibuprofen and naproxen like a fat kid eats sweets and I’ve got a load of antibiotics off a mate. 

I didn’t register with a dentist when I moved down here so I’m having to phone the dental hospital every morning at 9 o’clock to go on a triage list. However the call handler admitted they’re getting 300 calls a day for 45 appointments and if you don’t call back each morning you come off the list. 

If this doesn’t get sorted soon I’m going to either have a falling down moment, end up single or die of liver failure. 

Fuck, if you've got an abscess I wouldn't fuck around with it. I'd even consider going private if you can manage it. If not, go the GP for some antibiotics for the abscess before you go anywhere near it (that's what the dentist would do anyway and then tell you go come back).

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Anyone ever used an at home filling kit? Any advice/tips? 

I lost a filling last Wednesday and an abscess developed and spread across the gum. The pain is fucking unbearable. I’m moody as fuck and no one wants to be around me (that’s pretty normal to be fair though). 

I’ve been taking paracetamol, ibuprofen and naproxen like a fat kid eats sweets and I’ve got a load of antibiotics off a mate. 

I didn’t register with a dentist when I moved down here so I’m having to phone the dental hospital every morning at 9 o’clock to go on a triage list. However the call handler admitted they’re getting 300 calls a day for 45 appointments and if you don’t call back each morning you come off the list. 

If this doesn’t get sorted soon I’m going to either have a falling down moment, end up single or die of liver failure. 

I dont think a home filling kit will help much. Sounds like you need antibiotics to fight the abscess. Sorry to say you need to lay it on really thick to see someone urgently else you get pushed down the queue.

As you say, be careful with the paracetemol etc as these can do serious damage if too many taken.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Fuck, if you've got an abscess I wouldn't fuck around with it. I'd even consider going private if you can manage it. If not, go the GP for some antibiotics for the abscess before you go anywhere near it (that's what the dentist would do anyway and then tell you go come back).

I’m already on antibiotics. 

14 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Tried 3 private dentists and none of them have any appointments until next week. 

I would book one for next week then & keep trying everywhere else in the meantime.

Bad toothache is all consuming, I've seen me walking four miles at 3am to get more Nurofen. On that, I find those red liquid capsules Nurofen do are good for it. Also, keep brushing the gammy tooth, like 10 times a day with loads of toothpaste.

• Upvote 1

It's mental when you read stories like this and the Tories are still in power.

I don't remember a time in my lifetime where basic services weren't available, like you literally couldn't access stuff like dentistry or a GP or a copper would never turn up. 

I broke two teeth a few weeks ago on either side of my mouth and they didn't have a dental appointment until the end of this month, fortunately I got a cancellation.

I went to the doctor's yesterday and they sent me to a nurse.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nurofen plus works a treat for me.

I’ve taken a shit load of paracetamol, ibuprofen, naproxen, Co-codomol, soluble paracetamol, drank a bottle of kids nurofen and a batch of crazy strong antibiotics from the Philippines. 

I’m taking a combination of everything about every 90 minutes and getting pissed every day just to try and take the edge off so I can get at least an hours sleep.