You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

San Fran/Los angeles

WaltonRed

I’ve traveled down from San Francisco to San Diego before over a couple of holidays. Loved it, loved it, loved it. 

So much so, I’m flying next Sunday for just over 3 weeks. 

We’ve got an AIR BNB apartment on Hollywood Boulevard (the Capital Records side) with a pool etc. Although my wife and I have seen the sights, we’re going to take our daughter to see all stuff, go to Universal etc.

We’ve never been to the Griffith Observatory, so we’re going to go there one day and hike the 4m back down to the apartment. 

My wife is from Montana. We fly there on the 15th and time there is split between her aunts lake house in Anaconda and her Grandad’s house in Billings.

Fly down to John Wayne and have 4 days at Disneyland and then a few nights in Santa Monica (just off the pier).

While in Hollywood , I wanted to go on the tour of the new Sofi Stadium. Looks incredible. Even though the Rams won the Super Bowl, the tour doesn’t include getting your photo with the trophy, it’s not included on the tour. WTF?

Also, when in Hollywood, I want to take a trip to the beach. We’re staying right by the Hollywood Vine metro line and see you can go to Santa Monica, Redondo and Long Beach on the metro. Even though we have days there at the end, I’m happy to go to Santa Monica / Venice while we’re in Hollywood because, frankly, I don’t want to move from the hotel pool in Santa Monica. Does anybody have any recommendations for Redondo or Long Beach? 

19 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

If you stay by Hollywood try Musso and Frank. It is in a lot of scenes in Once Upon a time in Hollywood. 

https://mussoandfrank.com/

Brilliant recommendation. It’s like 15 min walk from our apartment. I assume that’s where Di Caprio and Pacino did their scenes? 

I’m 100% going. 

Booked into BOA Steak House on the other side of Santa Monica Boulevard on the 12th, looking forward to that a lot. My wife, daughter (erm, 7) are going to do a pub crawl along the Boulevard before going. 

Looking forward to going to Trejo’s Tacos as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Brilliant recommendation. It’s like 15 min walk from our apartment. I assume that’s where Di Caprio and Pacino did their scenes? 

I’m 100% going. 

Booked into BOA Steak House on the other side of Santa Monica Boulevard on the 12th, looking forward to that a lot. My wife, daughter (erm, 7) are going to do a pub crawl along the Boulevard before going. 

Looking forward to going to Trejo’s Tacos as well. 

Yes. It was built over 100 years ago and expanded after WW2 so all the fixtures and fittings are either originals or very old. The place was used in the film rather than use a specially constructed set.

It was also Charlie Chaplins favourite place to eat in Hollywood and you can hire the "Chaplins Corner" booth. The place also had the first ever public telephone in Los Angeles and the original phone booth is still there. They have a Facebook page which always has historical facts about the place. 

Yes. Trejos Tacos looks a good place. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve traveled down from San Francisco to San Diego before over a couple of holidays. Loved it, loved it, loved it. 

So much so, I’m flying next Sunday for just over 3 weeks. 

We’ve got an AIR BNB apartment on Hollywood Boulevard (the Capital Records side) with a pool etc. Although my wife and I have seen the sights, we’re going to take our daughter to see all stuff, go to Universal etc.

We’ve never been to the Griffith Observatory, so we’re going to go there one day and hike the 4m back down to the apartment. 

My wife is from Montana. We fly there on the 15th and time there is split between her aunts lake house in Anaconda and her Grandad’s house in Billings.

Fly down to John Wayne and have 4 days at Disneyland and then a few nights in Santa Monica (just off the pier).

While in Hollywood , I wanted to go on the tour of the new Sofi Stadium. Looks incredible. Even though the Rams won the Super Bowl, the tour doesn’t include getting your photo with the trophy, it’s not included on the tour. WTF?

Also, when in Hollywood, I want to take a trip to the beach. We’re staying right by the Hollywood Vine metro line and see you can go to Santa Monica, Redondo and Long Beach on the metro. Even though we have days there at the end, I’m happy to go to Santa Monica / Venice while we’re in Hollywood because, frankly, I don’t want to move from the hotel pool in Santa Monica. Does anybody have any recommendations for Redondo or Long Beach? 

Long Beach you can go to see the Queen Mary (if it's still open). There's also a place called Rainbow Lagoon where you can hire Swan shaped pedalos like in Echo Park. Might want to try doing it after you havent had a load to drink as you will be knackered and your legs will be aching.

You can do boat and submarine tours to Catalina Island from Long Beach.

• Upvote 1