You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John Terry - thoughts?

theacademic

As many of you know, I have been conducting research on the latest incidents of racism in football and whether this is a new phase or has been present for a number of years. Today (Friday) John Terry has been removed as captain of England ahead of his court appearance in July. I'm interested to know what you think of this and whether Terry should go to the European Championships. I've set up a 3-question survey that will take you less than a minute to complete - just go to: The Football Association and John Terry

Thanks in advance.

My opinion is this: WHAT A GREAT DAY FOR LIVERPOOL FC this day has been!

Manc arrested for racism (see - one person ISN'T representative of 50,000)

AVB under pressure from Maureen

Wenger facing rebellion from fans

Redknapp getting sent down next week

Terry in the headlines

England in turmoil

LFC being reistated into NextGen

Luis back on Monday

Good times!

(But I'll fill in the survey too!)

I'm filling it in but I'll give my answers here too:

1. Yes. Although the concept of innocence until proven guilty is a fair and just one, in reality in almost any career you will be suspended over a serious allegation until an investigation has been conducted. Obviously suspending a footballer from playing will have a bigger impact on his team than most employee situations, and therefore that might be a line too far, but I think the symbolic nature of the national captaincy means that it would be unpalatable to have him serving in this capacity with such a cloud over his head.

2. Yes. Or rather, he should be selected if he is deemed good enough. My reason is given above.

3. Steven Gerrard.

My opinion is this: WHAT A GREAT DAY FOR LIVERPOOL FC this day has been!

Manc arrested for racism (see - one person ISN'T representative of 50,000)

AVB under pressure from Maureen

Wenger facing rebellion from fans

Redknapp getting sent down next week

Terry in the headlines

England in turmoil

LFC being reistated into NextGen

Luis back on Monday

Good times!

(But I'll fill in the survey too!)

Yes, and Arsenal just won tpday 7-1 :wallbutt:

With sad predictability, those weevil-brained wankers on Sunday Supplement were gnashing their teeth and wailing over poor Terry's persecution. All of them calling him 'John' or 'JT,' nice impartiality there journos, they managed to claim that the saga was being 'dragged out' - unlike the Suarez case I suppose - by 'certain players who don't like John and are looking to benefit from his fall'. These are grown men!