You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll -" Liverpool willing to sell "

James21

Would you sell him  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell him

• Sell him
    • Keep him.
    • Loan him out
    • Wait till the summer and see how things look.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
The more you watch it, the more ridiculous and inexplicable it becomes.

Not really. He didn't want to score against the team he didn't want to leave who also happen to be his hometown team.

I'm sure I said months ago I wouldn't trust this lump of horseshit to play against the barcodes, oh well.

Guest ShoePiss
sell carroll.

and also adam, henderson.

and bring on a new gerrard next season 2013, for gerrard to retire in 2 seasons, 2014.

Exactly! And a new stadium by 2015 too.

Easy!

Not really. He didn't want to score against the team he didn't want to leave who also happen to be his hometown team.

I'm sure I said months ago I wouldn't trust this lump of horseshit to play against the barcodes, oh well.

Agree with that. There is just no other reasonable explanation for it.

Guest ShoePiss
Fuck off with this conspiracy theories about him not wanting to score

Its crap and something Evertonians would cook up

No, you fuck off calling me an evertonian. Explain what you saw him do then, go on.

This shit of him not wanting to score against them is total utter nonsense. Possibly if it were last match of the season, they needed 3 points to stay up, we were safe 'MID TABLE'. But last time i looked we were 10 points behind them. He is just hopeless.

Funny thing is, I thought he was doing pretty well for the first 15-20 mins. But he can't be trusted in the box on his own, it seems. Him not scoring against Newcastle yesterday is pretty much Andy Carroll on any other day (with the exception of the goals against West Brom, Everton and cup competitions). I'm not sure I'm buying this idea that he didn't want to score yesterday.

There is no other explanation than he is attempting a dive. I've seen people defending him on here for this, however how they can look at that and decide it is anything other than a dive, I'll never know.

Defended him?

I dont think I have seen anyone defend him, unless you think being a clumsy shithouse who cant even stand on his feet when he is clean through on goal is better than to dive.

I dont think he dived, I just think he is fuckin useless.

I've asked a few non-Liverpool (non-Everton/Utd/Geordies) supporters and once they stopped laughing they have all said that it is definitely a dive, and the motives would include 'not wanting to score against your hometown club', 'not wanting to try to score with your shit right foot', and 'he's just absolute winnits'. It was a dive.

If the shoe fits

Saying a Liverpool player didnt score on purpose is a joke of the highest order

He dived, thats what he did

He fucking dived because he didn't want to score. It's ridiculous that a footballer would throw himself to floor with an open goal in front of him.

I think that the problem is that psycholgically Andy hasn't been able to handle the move.

A sports psychologist explained how sportsmen do most things instinctively, but when fear strikes your mind scrambles and in a flash you have to remember how to do basic things -in Carroll's case like run with the ball.

It was embarrassing, and worthy of taking the piss, but underneath it all you have a man who I wanted to make it (he has got many of the right raw materials) but won't.

He's a (very rich) Francis jeffers.

Guest ShoePiss
If the shoe fits

Saying a Liverpool player didnt score on purpose is a joke of the highest order

He dived, thats what he did

He did dive yeah, when it was completely unnecessary to do so. He's rounded the keeper.

Him a Liverpool player? You're calling him that but he isn't worthy of the title. He didn't want to join us, wants to go home and is about as unprofessional a player as you're ever likely to come across.

Why anyone would believe him to act professionally in this instance is beyond me.

He did dive yeah, when it was completely unnecessary to do so. He's rounded the keeper.

Him a Liverpool player? You're calling him that but he isn't worthy of the title. He didn't want to join us, wants to go home and is about as unprofessional a player as you're ever likely to come across.

Why anyone would believe him to act professionally in this instance is beyond me.

Seriously, take a breath!

Guest ShoePiss
Seriously, take a breath!

I'm fine. That's what punctuation is for mate, take a breath after the comma and full stop, you'll get there eventually.

I'd like to see him start against Aston Villa though because our options on the bench are... well, slim. I expect we'll see him against Blackburn and possibly in the semi-final. If the plan is to sell him in the summer (I don't think it is) he needs to be seen to have goals left in him at the ripe old age of 23.

Seriously, it's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with. As a footballer, you'd only dive if you couldn't score or had over run the ball. Neither scenario applies.

No, I think both of those scenarios are applicable and reasonable given the person in question. Poor form, lack of goals, lack of guile. It does make sense in the end if you've watched him at all this season.

Guest ShoePiss

Of course it makes sense, just because your brain cannot comprehend a player choosing not to score against the boyhood team that he never wanted to leave and would jump at the chance to return to doesn't mean it it doesn't make sense to others.

No, I think both of those scenarios are applicable and reasonable given the person in question. Poor form, lack of goals, lack of guile. It does make sense in the end if you've watched him at all this season.

I've watched him since he joined, and from day one it was apparent he never wanted to leave Newcastle. I think his displays in a red shirt would back that up.