You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - 27th November 4pm

Guest LFD

Erm Goffriadh is it? "This isn't a case of we're Liverpool, at Home - Worry about Us".........

Erm Yes it damn well Is - What else Could it be on the back of them losing to Napoli tonight and living on a knife edge in terms of CL next-stage qualification And the fact they were utterly battered into the turf at Anfield last season? As to your stuff about Barry - Toure - Silva in the middle so what?

Those 3 are not so good at defending are they? Ask Fulham - Ask Bayern, Ask Napoli and the one thing City Will be missing when they play us - The one thing they'll really need since you can bet Kenny will devise a way to attack them and hurt them - That one thing is their defensive midfield steel and guess what? With De Jong injured and Kompany banned? Toure is all they've got in the middle in that sense; As I said - You can bet Kenny will find a way to swamp him since he's neither as strong & tenacious as Kompany nor as positionally sound as De Jong.

When City are really attacked? And I mean properly not attacked for 5 minutes by a team that then makes an error and falls utterly to pieces ala Spurs and United? They don't really look all that impressive - they remind me a little of the United side circa 2000 - 2003; A team that appeared invincible.........Until others started to attack them and the illusion vanished. They won't either come Sunday either on either the pitch or with the result - So, yes it's very much a case of We are Liverpool fear us at Anfield for City and you can bet Mancini will be worried about us after tonight in Italy & seeing us on Sunday. Kenny should find a way to beat them - He's done it before - He will do it again; Mark my words......................

Your words are already marked enough.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope your right. But, in my opinion, we have to match them in midfield - I never said anything about sitting back either and hitting them on the counter attack? My emphasis is winning the midfield battle, something they have been doing every week. When they win the midfield battle, that allows their talented players like Nasri, Silva and Aguero settle down - hence why they have scored 2+ goals in the last fourteen PL games. I don't think just Adam and Lucas will win any midfield battle against their midfield.

I'd let Lucas sit and have Adam along with Spearing or Henderson pull the strings.

Suarez and Bellamy will win us this game if we setup a team to combat City.

I hope your right. But, in my opinion, we have to match them in midfield - I never said anything about sitting back either and hitting them on the counter attack? My emphasis is winning the midfield battle, something they have been doing every week. When they win the midfield battle, that allows their talented players like Nasri, Silva and Aguero settle down - hence why they have scored 2+ goals in the last fourteen PL games. I don't think just Adam and Lucas will win any midfield battle against their midfield.

I'd let Lucas sit and have Adam along with Spearing or Henderson pull the strings.

Suarez and Bellamy will win us this game if we setup a team to combat City.

Yeah agreed.

I bloody love Bellamy - he has been a superb signing and I think he is much more of a threat this time round because he is able to play wide. He is not the biggest guy and in the past he would lead the line and struggle in games.

But now he can drift wide or drop deep, he gets on the ball and that's when he is a real threat.

Agree with OP, id swap Kuyt for Downing on the right if Kenny decides on a 442, imo a 433 would be better against them.

------------------pepe

Johno-------Skrtel-----Agger-----Enrique

------Hendo------Lucas------Adam

Downing---------Suarez----------Bellamy

And we should just go for it, sounds mad but i would rather lose this game than draw it. The Chelsea game would have filled us with confidence and a draw does nothing for us. We lose and the team put out on Tuesday will be fighting tooth and nail for a first team place IMO, obviously a win will boost our confidence more. We have looked best when we have been pressuring the opposition and looking for goals, we sit back against this team and we will pay big time.

So confident about this one, really believe we're going to do them. We've got to get right in their faces from the off, hopefully they will be suffering from the fabled "mid week hangover". Bearing that it mind I would start spearing ahead of Adam, who should come on for last 30, I'd also go with Bellamy and downing to start with maxi on the left.

And we should just go for it, sounds mad but i would rather lose this game than draw it. The Chelsea game would have filled us with confidence and a draw does nothing for us.

So a draw (against a team with unlimited resources, who have been to Spurs and scored 5, and been to Old Trafford and scored 6, and are top of the league) would do nothing for us, whereas a loss would?

What the fuck are you on about?

God I hate I when some Liverpool fans get all cocky when playing a team at home. It’s like it’s a foregone conclusion that we’ll win easily. Every time we act like this we lose. Just look at Sunderland, Norwich and Swansea. And even the Manc game. This is going to be a very difficult game against a team that has won 5 and drawn 1 away from home, scoring 23 goals which is almost double the team with the 2nd most of away goals this season.

A win would be great, but a draw will be fine. 4 points from Chelsea away and City at home is a good return.

God I hate I when some Liverpool fans get all cocky when playing a team at home. It’s like it’s a foregone conclusion that we’ll win easily. Every time we act like this we lose. Just look at Sunderland, Norwich and Swansea. And even the Manc game. This is going to be a very difficult game against a team that has won 5 and drawn 1 away from home, scoring 23 goals which is almost double the team with the 2nd most of away goals this season.

A win would be great, but a draw will be fine. 4 points from Chelsea away and City at home is a good return.

It's a disgrace some fans have confidence in the management and team!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It's a disgrace some fans have confidence in the management and team!

There's confidence and there's arrogance. I agree with Johnny, 4 points from Chelsea away and City home would be a good return for the point we're at. We need to give this team the respect they deserve; they're a very talented group of players and, at the very least, they'll cause us big problems.

Fucking hell, Johnny. We don't all have to be pessimistic. We can beat anyone on our day, especially at Anfield. We'll win this 100%. 6-0, A hat-trick each from Carroll and Dirk.

So a draw (against a team with unlimited resources, who have been to Spurs and scored 5, and been to Old Trafford and scored 6, and are top of the league) would do nothing for us, whereas a loss would?

What the fuck are you on about?

Point im making is if we go one up and stop pressuring them and trying to score more then they will score. Look at the the draws we have had this season, its been like watching a team hold onto a one goal lead for the last 5 mins in a cup final. Only its been for 30+ mins of the game and shit teams doing it to us at home.

I am not saying i want us to lose, I am saying I want us to risk the loss chasing the win, rather than settle for a draw. And if we lose as a result of playing attacking football for 90 mins and scoring 2 or 3 good goals then so be it.

There's confidence and there's arrogance. I agree with Johnny, 4 points from Chelsea away and City home would be a good return for the point we're at. We need to give this team the respect they deserve; they're a very talented group of players and, at the very least, they'll cause us big problems.

I dont see any arrogance to be fair, just a few people thinking Liverpool will win a home game.

same side as against chelsea. same tactics. full court press - pressurise de jong any time he gets it from the defenders or keeper and keep it tight at the back. they will create chances we just have to defend with our lives and make sure we get the ball in their net a couple of times.

We need to go out to fucking have them not settle for a draw. We can certainly beat anyone on our day and this is exactly one of those situations.

City will be questioning themselves after losing in the week so going at them is 100% the way to go.

Mancini will settle for a draw in this after the week he's had, so we need to be fully committed to going after the win.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
We need to go out to fucking have them not settle for a draw. We can certainly beat anyone on our day and this is exactly one of those situations.

City will be questioning themselves after losing in the week so going at them is 100% the way to go.

Mancini will settle for a draw in this after the week he's had, so we need to be fully committed to going after the win.

Nobody will be going out to get a draw, that's for fucking sure. We'll be at 'em. Might well not be enough, though. They're good.

To be fair Johnny we didn't lose any of them games but I know what you're saying.

We have a good chance to win this as they could be mentally weaker after virtually going out of the CL on Tuesday night but it could galvanise them also. I think that we are all of the opinion that we need to attack them from the start and play a pressure game rather than a deep line and wait for them to open us up. Oh, and 4 points from Chelsea & Man City is a good return.